Jun 12, 2017, 06:10 PM
Just picked up an iPad mini 4 to use with the P3P. What a difference compared to the iPhone 6. It's like night and day.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2017, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooleman
Just picked up an iPad mini 4 to use with the P3P. What a difference compared to the iPhone 6. It's like night and day.
Yep, that's what I use, it's awesome.
Jun 12, 2017, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshelton
Yep, that's what I use, it's awesome.
Bestbuy had a sale. $299 for the 128GB.
Jun 12, 2017, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooleman
Bestbuy had a sale. $299 for the 128GB.
That's a great buy, I bought mine from a buddy for $240 (it was new but it wasn't the 128GB model).
Jun 17, 2017, 08:39 AM

Batteries

I just received a lightly used P3P and am curious about purchasing after market batteries that are for sale all over the web....? I see them as low as $50.00 , specs are identical to OEM ones. Has anyone on the forum tried and tested the clones....? Have a link to ones purchased......? Thanks......
http://www.tomtop.com/dji-other-part.../p-rm7357.html
Jun 17, 2017, 02:10 PM
One giant leap for slothkind
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3SHXX
I just received a lightly used P3P and am curious about purchasing after market batteries that are for sale all over the web....? I see them as low as $50.00 , specs are identical to OEM ones. Has anyone on the forum tried and tested the clones....? Have a link to ones purchased......? Thanks......
http://www.tomtop.com/dji-other-part.../p-rm7357.html
You always want to be careful buying aftermarket batteries. There are countless reports of these batteries failing mid flight and destroying the Phantom. It is a huge risk buying one of these from a seller other than DJI. I found a few original batteries for around $60 here on RCGroups that work fine. Look here first.
Jun 17, 2017, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLloyd
Getting one of my P3Ps ready to sell. Updated FW and controller to latest FW, latest APP ... no problems. Flew it for the first time this year.
I forgot how rock solid this kit is (Picked up the "kit" word from MAD. Hay I am a Lloyd )
It is the news one, only flown a handful of times. Controller is the GL300 C. Hate to let it go but I don't need 3 birds.
Going to sell it with the bare essentials plus a 32 GB card.
Question I should know this but i don't When it sells will the new owners fights record to my Go app flight info? Seem to remember that there is no way to change that info in the P3P?
Appreciate any other info that I need to know before selling.

Thanks for any advice
MD
SOLD
Thanks Guys
Jun 17, 2017, 02:52 PM
Want to go to the mavic so sell my P3A
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ced-3w-booster

Moti
Jun 18, 2017, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsmann11
You always want to be careful buying aftermarket batteries. There are countless reports of these batteries failing mid flight and destroying the Phantom. It is a huge risk buying one of these from a seller other than DJI. I found a few original batteries for around $60 here on RCGroups that work fine. Look here first.
Thanks for reply Marsmann , Grossly overpriced OEM batteries make the aftermarket ones tempting. Not sure if I will try them but I have been in rc for a long time and have used inexpensive aftermarket batteries for years with good results. I might try one and give it alot of testing very close to the ground . With my sport/acro quads I am used to having at least 10 batteries for a flying session , with 10 dji oem ones I would have to re-mortgage my house....ha......!!!
Jun 18, 2017, 11:42 AM
Great film pagexone. Love Alan Watts so that was a bonus. And it shows very clearly that a good film maker does not need the latest equipment to produce stunning and amazing results! You don't watch this and think how much better it would have been using a P4 Pro or Inspire 2!!
Jun 18, 2017, 05:55 PM
I have 2 aftermarket batts from banggood. So far so good. Not sure about its capability to self discharge but it does show up on the app.
Im on 1.8.8+ firmware. The aftermarket batt is accepted by the P3. Anyone know if updates will reject aftermarket batts?
Last edited by renn; Jun 18, 2017 at 08:16 PM.
Jun 18, 2017, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Thanks for reply Marsmann , Grossly overpriced OEM batteries make the aftermarket ones tempting. Not sure if I will try them but I have been in rc for a long time and have used inexpensive aftermarket batteries for years with good results. I might try one and give it alot of testing very close to the ground . With my sport/acro quads I am used to having at least 10 batteries for a flying session , with 10 dji oem ones I would have to re-mortgage my house....ha......!!!
You can buy new ones on ebay for $90 (oem DJI with no charges).
Jun 19, 2017, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Check on EBay. I got a new DJI battery for about $85.00
Jun 20, 2017, 01:52 AM
It's not worth getting "replacement" batteries, the risk of the battery being blocked by the DJI App is still there, also beside this do you fancy your quad falling from the sky due to a crappy knock off ?

For the US you can get a new original one for: 96.99$ from HERE (you need to select US warehouse first).
For the rest of the world you can can have it at 98.99$ from HERE by using the coupon: "HLPDJ40"
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H501SS Advanced Review
Jun 20, 2017, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
It's not worth getting "replacement" batteries, the risk of the battery being blocked by the DJI App is still there, also beside this do you fancy your quad falling from the sky due to a crappy knock off ?

For the US you can get a new original one for: 96.99$ from HERE (you need to select US warehouse first).
For the rest of the world you can can have it at 98.99$ from HERE by using the coupon: "HLPDJ40"
Amazing that people do this! In this thread there are many reports and whining from people that have destroyed their models using these aftermarket packs. Nuts... donnie