Jul 16, 2016, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Gents,
Can't deny the great convenience and safety aspects of ammo boxes for storing our lipo's. Good on you all for continuing spreading the wisdom of always considering lipo safety!

Here is a good lipo storage safety testing video using lipo bags and ammo boxes in various configuations. Their recommendation is to simply remove the rubber ammo box lid seal for the best performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNId0mDnBo

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Great test and video. Must have cost thousands of $ in batteries! Thanks Jim. donnie
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2016, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Gents,
Can't deny the great convenience and safety aspects of ammo boxes for storing our lipo's. Good on you all for continuing spreading the wisdom of always considering lipo safety!

Here is a good lipo storage safety testing video using lipo bags and ammo boxes in various configuations. Their recommendation is to simply remove the rubber ammo box lid seal for the best performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNId0mDnBo

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Great video on the subject! Thanks for posting.
Jul 16, 2016, 11:10 AM
From rockets to drones
Phantom 3 Advanced
Okay, She's out of the box batteries charged - check
Read the manual and all 50,000 messages in this thread - check
Watched the tutorials - check (for the Pilot App?)

Downloaded the DJI Go app from the Phantom 3 advanced page/downloads. for the Inspire Didn't connect. Uninstall and reinstall, - Check!
Connected to controller and aircraft. Calibrate IMU, yeah, took a few times but got 'er done the next morning - check
Calibrate compass - check.
Arm motors - check!!!

Try again and no joy. Am I missing a critical startup sequence? Or is it the version of DJI Go that I have? It opens to the "choose your aircraft" screen. When it worked, that bar was the camera bar and everything was hunky dori.

If I can get it to sync again I'll tell ya numbers on the 'about' screen. They were ???

2.8.2?
1.53+
1.5??
Jul 16, 2016, 11:28 AM
From rockets to drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervis View Post
Phantom 3 Advanced
Okay, She's out of the box batteries charged - check
Read the manual and all 50,000 messages in this thread - check
Watched the tutorials - check (for the Pilot App?)

Downloaded the DJI Go app from the Phantom 3 advanced page/downloads. for the Inspire Didn't connect. Uninstall and reinstall, - Check!
Connected to controller and aircraft. Calibrate IMU, yeah, took a few times but got 'er done the next morning - check
Calibrate compass - check.
Arm motors - check!!!

Try again and no joy. Am I missing a critical startup sequence? Or is it the version of DJI Go that I have? It opens to the "choose your aircraft" screen. When it worked, that bar was the camera bar and everything was hunky dori.

If I can get it to sync again I'll tell ya numbers on the 'about' screen. They were ???

2.8.2?
1.53+
1.5??

OMG! Was it that simple? Read the "how to connect?"
power up the controller
power up the aircraft
-connect the device?- I always had the tablet connected to the controller. This time I disconnected the USB until after controller and aircraft were powered up. I'll keep tryin'. Now I can at least use the app but it's not connecting to the aircraft. Indoors on a metal framed table. I'll take it outside and try again. stay tuned.......
Jul 16, 2016, 11:39 AM
Tweaker
There is no reason it shouldn't connect indoors. Is the TX LED staying red? If so you need to bind the model to the TX, it's in the manual as to how to do this. This should be a one time thing once they are bound. They should have been shipped already bound but who knows.

This connection should work without the GO app at all. Just turn on TX, Red LED, power model, the TX LED should go green. If not, Re-Bind is needed.
Jul 16, 2016, 11:50 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post h...

Quote:
OMG! Was it that simple? Read the "how to connect?"

power up the controller

power up the aircraft

-connect the device?- I always had the tablet connected to the controller. This time I disconnected the USB until after controller and aircraft were powered up. I'll keep tryin'. Now I can at least use the app but it's not connecting to the aircraft. Indoors on a metal framed table. I'll take it outside and try again. stay tuned.......

Can you start again as Iv missed the party here and can't quite workout where your at.

As RemE posted what colour is the controller led ?
What colour is the craft LED's

Next if you scroll across to P3 on the home screen and enter camera view can you go to menu and about and post what the versions are ?
Jul 16, 2016, 12:07 PM

Need more gimbal assistance

Hey guys, did the cool IMU calibration with a gimbal calibration to follow, everything seemed good. Flew today and start up was fine, but shortly into flying the camera lost level by a degree or too, same as before. I noticed when yawning that it seems to tip in the direction of the yaw, when the yaw is done, it comes back to almost level.

Here's a video example. Any ideas? As an FYI I do have a filter on the lens, but this issue appeared on my first flights that did not include a filter. Really hope this isn't something mechanical, that would not give me a great impression of my first week of ownership.

Thanks in advance.

DJI P3P gimbal level (0 min 33 sec)
Jul 16, 2016, 01:28 PM
From rockets to drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
There is no reason it shouldn't connect indoors. Is the TX LED staying red? If so you need to bind the model to the TX, it's in the manual as to how to do this. This should be a one time thing once they are bound. They should have been shipped already bound but who knows.

This connection should work without the GO app at all. Just turn on TX, Red LED, power model, the TX LED should go green. If not, Re-Bind is needed.
Okay, Tried again and everything is peachy. Did a few take offs and landings in the back yard. Sweet! Love it that it stays on station with dead sticks. My little Protocol XT wasn't so, had to drive it all the time.

Then to practice, I shut everything down and ran through start up again. Hmmm, Green light on TX, could start and fly, just "disconnected" to the Samsung. Then a text box appeared with instructions to do some settings or go to www.???. I should have taken a screen grab.

I'll monkey with the Samsung settings and see what I can figure out.

Samsung Galaxy S2 with 6.0 marshmallow, 8"

thanks for your replies and all the help,

steve
Jul 16, 2016, 01:46 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Okay, Tried again and everything is peachy. Did a few take offs and landings in the back yard. Sweet! Love it that it stays on station with dead sticks. My little Protocol XT wasn't so, had to drive it all the time.

Then to practice, I shut everything down and ran through start up again. Hmmm, Green light on TX, could start and fly, just "disconnected" to the Samsung. Then a text box appeared with instructions to do some settings or go to www.???. I should have taken a screen grab.

I'll monkey with the Samsung settings and see what I can figure out.

Samsung Galaxy S2 with 6.0 marshmallow, 8"

thanks for your replies and all the help,

steve

I suspect the issue is tablet based android can be a bit of a sod in my experience.

Have you tried another cable ?
Jul 16, 2016, 02:51 PM
From rockets to drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1 View Post

Next if you scroll across to P3 on the home screen and enter camera view can you go to menu and about and post what the versions are ?
Got it (the tablet) connected again, randomly, it's intermittent.

App 2.82
Version 1.5.30+
Remote Controller 1.5.70

I saw the "firmware update reqd" on my last successful connection, then it turned green and "ready to fly with GPS" (gotta love that).

Is the update to 16 mandatory for the battery update?

thanks,
steve

PS Tried a new USB cable, not better but it did work once. On unsuccessful connections, a text box flashes about 3 times and then it goes to the "Inspire, choose your model" and the camera button does work but it's not connected. Now I realize when it does connect it has a P3 Advanced pictured.

steve
Jul 16, 2016, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Got it (the tablet) connected again, randomly, it's intermittent.

App 2.82
Version 1.5.30+
Remote Controller 1.5.70

I saw the "firmware update reqd" on my last successful connection, then it turned green and "ready to fly with GPS" (gotta love that).

Is the update to 16 mandatory for the battery update?

thanks,
steve

PS Tried a new USB cable, not better but it did work once. On unsuccessful connections, a text box flashes about 3 times and then it goes to the "Inspire, choose your model" and the camera button does work but it's not connected. Now I realize when it does connect it has a P3 Advanced pictured.

steve
try different sd card
Jul 16, 2016, 09:39 PM

same issue here cured by ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurn View Post
I also use an Android device. check the usb cord to be sure your RC is giving power to you device. If you see the lighting bolt in the battery then its connected. Check your usb options because it might be set to charge only. if so change it to media device.
... deleting then reinstalling the app. Verifying my settings and I was up and away.
Jul 16, 2016, 11:57 PM
From rockets to drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperjoe View Post
... deleting then reinstalling the app. Verifying my settings and I was up and away.
Yeah, been there, done that, 15 times. I'm done. The frickin' thing works about once every 10 times I try to connect. I just had it reconnect after 2 uninstall/reinstall cycles and it hooked up. So I figured it was due to the firmware update required. Now the remote is on 1.6 and it said to stop and restart the remote. Sure. Now it doesn't connect to the tablet any more. It did ask me to chose which aircraft, and P3 Advanced was a choice. But no. Then a restart of the remote/ tablet, ya ya ya ya..... nothing. No connecto.

I've tried several USB cables. I've found enable debugging after scouring google for a few hours. I had to tap "about" seven times to enable developer options. sheesh.

Did I buy too modern of a f__kin' tablet? Should I buy and old piece of crap? I'll buy an apple if the damn thing works.

F--kin' computers. My desktop won't even recognize the SD card reader to format the damn thing.

F--kin' computers. Gimme a carburetor and points...

G'night,

steve
Jul 16, 2016, 11:59 PM
From rockets to drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by menksters View Post
try different sd card
In the aircraft or the tablet? I bought a bran' new 64 x 95 speed scandisk card for the Samsung.

thx,

steve
Jul 17, 2016, 02:16 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsswish View Post
Hey guys, did the cool IMU calibration with a gimbal calibration to follow, everything seemed good. Flew today and start up was fine, but shortly into flying the camera lost level by a degree or too, same as before. I noticed when yawning that it seems to tip in the direction of the yaw, when the yaw is done, it comes back to almost level.

Here's a video example. Any ideas? As an FYI I do have a filter on the lens, but this issue appeared on my first flights that did not include a filter. Really hope this isn't something mechanical, that would not give me a great impression of my first week of ownership.

Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/aPRR7aRdOl4
I am confident you can correct this with a bit of tweaking- unfortunately that will take some trial and error.

What I suggest first is lifting the front legs a few mm, then doing the whole IMU / Gimbal Calibration again - test fly and note the results - it its better, try lifting the front a bit more and repeat.

If its worse, try lifting the rear legs etc. It might take a few hours (days even) but the result will be worth it - my P3 horizon is so good now it brings a smile to my face every time I fly it.

Quick Reply