Apr 08, 2016, 12:30 PM
hi, what is the latest version of the RC firmware for Phantom3 Professional ? I just made the drone upgrade to 1.8 and djigo made ​​me update the rc to 1.5.80. the 1.5.80 is the latest version for the rc ? thank you
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2016, 12:30 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
I have updated my FW update blog but its becoming a mess so i need to tidy it up but its here if anyone needs it

Also added FW downgrade of controller

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post31705015
Apr 08, 2016, 01:11 PM

Finally recoved

thanks
Last edited by menksters; Apr 09, 2016 at 09:30 AM.
Apr 08, 2016, 01:17 PM
Cats and robots DON'T mix well
I know there's a "Bind" button on the right side of the craft, inside one of the refrigeration slits, but I don't remember the exact binding procedure. However, it is described in the manual, so you can search for it there.
Apr 08, 2016, 02:08 PM
Fly the Big Sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by menksters
Hello folks. About 6 weeks ago my Phantom flew away for some odd, unknown reason. Yesterday got a call from friend reporting that some folks had found it. Now though for some reason my model seems to of lost its bind. I don't recall how to rebind it. Can someone please help me accomplish this? Thanks, donnie
Glad you found the P3. FYI binding procedures are explained in the manual.
Apr 08, 2016, 02:09 PM
Fly the Big Sky!
Apr 08, 2016, 07:48 PM
Love to hear what you think of the Ziess. I have a iPhone 6 and wonder what the visual experience is like. They're not very expensive and could be a great alternative to fatshark of headplay?

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101
<snip> so I'm off to try things with my Ipad air 2 and then Iphone 6S inside my Zeiss VR goggles.
Apr 08, 2016, 08:16 PM
I wanted to take a quick flight with my P3P when it "wanted" me to do an update. I did not pay attention to what type of update it was. Anyhow, the update seemed to have worked fine, but when I power cycled everything, my Transmitter would not connect to my P3P??? I powered everything down and up a million times, every time trying a different sequence, but still nothing. Would not connect.

I have a live video feed though?!

Thanks
Apr 08, 2016, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloing
I wanted to take a quick flight with my P3P when it "wanted" me to do an update. I did not pay attention to what type of update it was. Anyhow, the update seemed to have worked fine, but when I power cycled everything, my Transmitter would not connect to my P3P??? I powered everything down and up a million times, every time trying a different sequence, but still nothing. Would not connect.

Thanks
I haven't done the update myself but you do have to upgrade the transmitter too or it wont connect.

Good luck
Fred
Apr 08, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulham
Ed,

My home has been marked as a hotspot, this cannot be a okay thing to do.

The marker is directly on my house, I can look around the my area and see other hotspots directly above peoples houses.

I would have liked the option to have been asked if I wanted my personal flying locations shared with the world.
I'm not positive if this is a cultural thing or not, but DJI should consult more or better with their American reps when considering a social site here. This is not China. We have presumptions of privacy which are very different than yours. It's a shame too, because it is obvious that much work has gone into this apps development. Unfortunately, this is not just a bug that will be fixed with an update. It is a trust issue concerning what will be done with our information.
Apr 08, 2016, 08:45 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloing

Thanks
Too bad you didn't read any instructions. This update unfortunately required you to first update the model, then the TX. They changed the TX encoding scheme so both model and TX must be upgraded before they will talk again.

Download the latest model .bin file from DJI, load it on the SD card insert into the model to update it.

The mess up on DJI's part is that the GO App lets you easily update the TX but not the model, it must be manually loaded with the update file like normal.
Apr 08, 2016, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredle
I haven't done the update myself but you do have to upgrade the transmitter too or it wont connect.

Good luck
Fred
Roger that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Too bad you didn't read any instructions. This update unfortunately required you to first update the model, then the TX. They changed the TX encoding scheme so both model and TX must be upgraded before they will talk again.

Download the latest model .bin file from DJI, load it on the SD card insert into the model to update it.

The mess up on DJI's part is that the GO App lets you easily update the TX but not the model, it must be manually loaded with the update file like normal.
I turned my transmitter ON and saw that a firmware (or software, not sure) update is available, so I clicked UPDATE. Does it say anywhere on my phone/tablet screen, that I need to read the manual before doing so? Maybe? I didn't see anything. To me it was pretty much in my face, so I hit update. I am sure many people do that. Anyhow, I was outside and barely saw my screen in the first place...

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I just re-read your post and see that you wrote instructions and not manual, and by that you probably meant the instructions on the screen???
Apr 08, 2016, 09:07 PM
Never mind...
Last edited by Soloing; Apr 08, 2016 at 10:28 PM.
Apr 08, 2016, 11:22 PM
Shes done
Apr 08, 2016, 11:36 PM
The update on the TX is only for Android if I understand correctly...

This was from Tony on the fpv Camera FB site:

Quote:
A new DJI FW 1.8 (P3/I1) or 1.1 (P4) available today, BUT...BUT only Android version DJI GO 2.7.2 can update RC firmware. iOS GO 2.7.2 is not yet available. If you update aircraft FW without Android GO 2.7.2 to update RC, then you are likely grounded because RC unlink with aircraft.

Quick Reply