Dec 30, 2015, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
I think we need to slow down and back up on this. Are you using a usb stick with the firmware 1.3.2 in the root of storage (In no folder) is it unzipped the file you want is a ****.bin file. Insure that the aircraft is not on just the remote transmitter turned on after the usb stick is put in the back port...the light should momentarily start flashing blue and after a period of time go to green do not stop the process untill you get a green light or possible red one .

If your doing that and not getting anything format the usb drive and download the file again from DJI unzip on a computer and place only the .BIN on the drive insert into back usb port and switch on the transmitter (Only) again. let's try it from there.

I think it was the thumb drive attachments i was using. I bought a new one and now its updating with the 1.3.2 firm ware. It took like 2 minutes and now the light is green so I assume its finished ?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2015, 05:33 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSzura
I think it was the thumb drive attachments i was using. I bought a new one and now its updating with the 1.3.2 firm ware. It took like 2 minutes and now the light is green so I assume its finished ?
Roger that, now hook up your tablet, and take props off (If you haven't already). Power on radio, then aircraft, then tablet/DJI go and see if you connect...check the about section like you did before and see what it reads and report back.
Dec 30, 2015, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCADAMON
Turn on everything as if you are going to fly....
in the "GO APP".... look for this screen.... and post what you have.
This screen shows the latest FW...
RC....version ....unknown
aircraft...version....unknown
app....version.... 2.4.3

Is what it had earlier i think I just finally got it to work so am checking it now
Dec 30, 2015, 05:34 PM
Animal Logic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Glad your back in service Dave
Looking good.
Would be interesting to do a speed test on that card vs the Sandisk or the Lexar DJI supply
hint hint I''ll can do a test on the 16Gb Leaxar but only have Sandisk Ultras & Samsung Pros & the just arrived 64Gb REMAX SpeedFlash ?? next couple of days unless someone wants to beat me too it

The Samsung Pros are my preferred fast card & not to expensive well at least here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysohigh
Anyone using color finale for FVPX that can provide a usefull video on how to use it and if its really worth the 99.00?
This is OT flysohigh But if you search Google you will find lots of video's on what your looking for RE colour grading with FCPx good luck

1 Ends 1 Starts.......So to every one have a good new year - May the Force be with you
Dec 30, 2015, 05:36 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Yea green is complete

Now connect to the DJI go app and it schools prompt you to update again via the app, you wont need the USB now.

Glad you got it sorted.

Once done all your update id would suggest recalibrating the controller, the Craft IMU and Gimbal
Latest blog entry: Herelink 600mw Mod
Dec 30, 2015, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviz
hint hint :d i''ll can do a test on the 16gb leaxar but only have sandisk ultras & samsung pros & the just arrived 64gb remax speedflash ?? Next couple of days unless someone wants to beat me too it

the samsung pros are my preferred fast card & not to expensive well at least here

this is ot flysohigh but if you search google you will find lots of video's on what your looking for re colour grading with fcpx good luck

1 ends 1 starts.......so to every one have a good new year - may the force be with you
:d :d
Dec 30, 2015, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Roger that, now hook up your tablet, and take props off (If you haven't already). Power on radio, then aircraft, then tablet/DJI go and see if you connect...check the about section like you did before and see what it reads and report back.
Here is what is showing now... am I finally able to fly this thing yet or do i still have more to do ??? I am new at this obviously so I appreciate all your help !!!!!
Dec 30, 2015, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Yea green is complete

Now connect to the DJI go app and it schools prompt you to update again via the app, you wont need the USB now.

Glad you got it sorted.

Once done all your update id would suggest recalibrating the controller, the Craft IMU and Gimbal

Here is what is showing now... am I finally able to fly this thing yet or do i still have more to do ??? I am new at this obviously so I appreciate all your help !!!!!
Dec 30, 2015, 06:13 PM
Quote:
RC is good, did you say you put V1,6 on the craft, currently the app does not always recognise the current version,

If your unsure post the Log text file form the sd card it created after the update as we can confirm for you,

DO forget to calibrate everything, RC sticks, IMU on a perfectly level surface and Gimbal
Dec 30, 2015, 06:15 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
You need to turn off the craft & turn on your internet to the tablet to do the remote upgrade then your P3 will say 1.64 etc Should take about 6 minutes.

Cheers, Jon
Dec 30, 2015, 06:17 PM
Quote:
DJI did introduce reduced power under certain circumstances to protect the battery in V1.6. I did not notice any speed drop my self but one or two reports are popping up of people saying its lost power but very little data to back it up from the P3 or I1, how cold was it as a matter of interest ?

V1.6 introduced a fix for the battery FW to prevent shutdown and miss reporting of capacity in flight.

They also added this new throttling of power in colder condition or low battery to the flight controller FW.

If your not happy with how it performs you can downgrade back to V1.5 and it will remove this throttling but the battery will stay on the update to prevent shut down in flight.

This is a happy medium to me.

Would be really interested of your flight log shows a reduction in performance, up till now reports are few and far between.
I'm only getting 8 MPH VS. I swear it used to be in the double digits and it blasted off like a rocket. Outdoor temp is 55 F and battery was 70 F when inserted. Not a big deal just noticing a small difference. Probably better for the shell as well.
Dec 30, 2015, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
You need to turn off the craft & turn on your internet to the tablet to do the remote upgrade then your P3 will say 1.64 etc Should take about 6 minutes.

Cheers, Jon

RC is upto date now as is app just waiting to confirm on the craft
Dec 30, 2015, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
There are 4 T6 screws on the back of the camera to remove the plate. Also 4 black Phillips screws hold the sensor board in. Also one flip connector for the flat cable. I would try & loosen the screws for the board first & move the board up as far as possible. Try & see if that is good enough. If not you will have to remove that board & use a small rat tail file to elongate the holes to get the board up higher. BTW, neither I or Al are responsible for any errors, omissions or breakage
Attachment 8554758

Cheers, Jon
Thanks

How much play is in the phillips holes and how do you know which way to move it?

bob
Dec 30, 2015, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100
Hi

As John says. Please be careful and only proceed if you accept that your warranty would be affected.

I think there are two issues a minority of us have had related to focus of the camera

1) a corner or side is smeared or out of focus, but the other side is in focus. This is what I had. It is more easily corrected than the other issue. All you have to do is loosen the lens assembly and ensure the rubber spacer is flush and not folded and Center the assembly and retighten the 4 screws evenly so sensor is flat relative to the lens assembly

2) the whole field is soft but even. This is due to the lens either front focusing or back focusing relative to sensor plane. The problem here is I could not find an easy way to refocus the lens itself like we do with our fpv cameras or GoPro - so the only feasible option is to try to loosen or over tighten the lens assembly screws to let the rubber spacer to stretch or squeeze to give you very limited focus that way. Some as John has pointed out need to due a bit more to get focus.

By the way my skills are a surgeon not necessarily electronics but have been in this hobby for a while - so felt comfortable trying this

Here are the links to my posts

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=21381

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=21478

Al
Thanks!

Bookmarked.

bob
Dec 30, 2015, 06:26 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobra
Any negatives with the following 4 in 1 aftermarket charger for the P3? Anyone got experience with this charger?

http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phantom-...-p-994587.html
This is a nice little charger, the only negative I have on it is the exposed male contacts, DO NOT let the pigtails touch each other as sparks will fly! I've made some covers for them.

Quick Reply