Dec 21, 2015, 02:24 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettraptor
Rested only the first cell is -0.3
I have to balance the battery some how.
Right now is 50% . if I discharge it more I will make more damage?
Do a calibration very carefully by fully charging( would just hover a few feet above ground , flying it till it reached critical landing at 10% then leave it on until either the cells reach 3.35v or the battery turns its self off, then let it rest and fully charge again.

In colder weather you will see some performance drop, i have also seen a few packs show cell 1 with some deviation over the rest.

Do the calibration then see how it is then
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2015, 02:25 PM
wkj
wkj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
This is about as good as iv seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQJGAkQY6hE

Its a good tutorial
thanks for the reply.. I'll look at it tonight.. great knowledge here and elsewhere plus youtube, but just thought I'd ask..
Dec 21, 2015, 02:26 PM
MK Addict
Sorry is 0.03
Dec 21, 2015, 02:27 PM
MK Addict
Quote:
Do a calibration very carefully by fully charging( would just hover a few feet above ground , flying it till it reached critical landing at 10% then leave it on until either the cells reach 3.35v or the battery turns its self off, then let it rest and fully charge again.

In colder weather you will see some performance drop, i have also seen a few packs show cell 1 with some deviation over the rest.

Do the calibration then see how it is then
OK either way I got warranty.
Dec 21, 2015, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbuster57
Bought this Phantom 3 Professional today. The seller has 589 feedbacks and 99.5% positive. I don't think its a scam because I have seen the scams before and they all have below 50 feedback. And for $400 it isn't to bad. Hopefully it isn't stolen.
What do you guys think about it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291643065616
Quick update: Still have not received the tracking number, even though seller said they would send it to me today.
Dec 21, 2015, 03:15 PM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
It was not published at product launch, but it is published now, and has been for a month or 2.

Scroll down to REMOTE CONTROLLER AND VIDEO DOWNLINK. You will find the max video bitrate.

http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

A little bit of "slight of hand" by DJI on this one. It is a very important difference that was not disclosed, and they don't want to talk about it not being disclosed, They quietly added the spec when folks started getting hdmi boards and finding out for themselves.
Thx.
Interestingly, on my P3A, my 1080p 60fps recordings were initially done at 40Mbps. But the most recent were done at 60Mbps.

With my live vids ranging from 2Mbps to 5Mbps.
Dec 21, 2015, 03:38 PM
Student Pilot - CYBW
Quote:
Quick update: Still have not received the tracking number, even though seller said they would send it to me today.
You might as well get the claim started with PayPal. I'm sure that the seller has withdrawn all the money he's received and disappeared. Pretty popular eBay scam.
Dec 21, 2015, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsupermax
You might as well get the claim started with PayPal. I'm sure that the seller has withdrawn all the money he's received and disappeared. Pretty popular eBay scam.
Yea sadly you rite

He needs to get it going ASAP.
Dec 21, 2015, 04:50 PM
Sorry to spam folks just a last push I have a Brand new battery and shell for the P3 Pro/Advance Available in the UK,

100 for the battery
45 for the shell.

Would like them gone, PM me if your interested
Dec 21, 2015, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Quote: " Hopefully it isn't stolen. "

So you think there is a legitimate supply of P3 Pros for $200 or $400 or whatever price it was? I would think that receiving a stolen P3 pro would be your best case scenario.
Dec 21, 2015, 05:51 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green
Thx. Is this written down anywhere?
Quote:
Initially DJI site stated both at 8mb, (possible typo) then it was updated to show 8 and 2, then more recently it's been removed from the site all together.

The differences in processing between the two means the Advance does not have the processing to provide both feeds at a high rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green
Thx again. This is a quest of mine ... to obtain the published spec.

So, I will be posting about this from time to time, until such time as DJI publishes the specs to which they engineered the live views of the P3 advanced and pro models.

My goal is to upgrade the quality of my live viewing, so I need to know what I might be buying. (I have the advanced today.). Thus my quest for the missing specs.
Check here, almost to the bottom of the page you will find the bit rate
http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

Edit: Someone beat me to it
Dec 21, 2015, 05:59 PM
Suspended Account
I went out today to fly a couple of packs after registering. https://registermyuas.faa.gov/

I had a pack do something very weird. My on screen display showed the battery @ 100% charge. I took off and the display showed 20%. Whats up with that?
Dec 21, 2015, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
I delved into this sellers history. States he has sold 42 Phantom 3,s within the last 3 days, yet not one bit of feedback on any of those sales. Its a scam.
Dec 21, 2015, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel
I went out today to fly a couple of packs after registering. https://registermyuas.faa.gov/

I had a pack do something very weird. My on screen display showed the battery @ 100% charge. I took off and the display showed 20%. Whats up with that?
a few questions, how long had it been since it was charged ?
has it been calibrated recently ?
how many cycles are on it ?
how did the cell voltages look ( you man not have looked though)

there is an issue with reporting on packs, its generally either when there is a period of time between charge and use and the self discharge has kicked in or its due to cold temperatures affecting the pack.

but some have just miss reported for no reason including mine on the bench

DJI have issues an update for the I1 around battery issues and the P3 wont be far behind, in the meantime I would calibrate that battery of you have not done so recently
Dec 21, 2015, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
a few questions, how long had it been since it was charged ?
has it been calibrated recently ?
how many cycles are on it ?
how did the cell voltages look ( you man not have looked though)

there is an issue with reporting on packs, its generally either when there is a period of time between charge and use and the self discharge has kicked in or its due to cold temperatures affecting the pack.

but some have just miss reported for no reason including mine on the bench

DJI have issues an update for the I1 around battery issues and the P3 won't be far behind, in the meantime I would calibrate that battery of you have not done so recently
1. Been about a 2 hours since charge.

2. Has been recently calibrated as have all my other packs.

3, Has 14 cycles on it.

4. If hooked up to my computer,the cells look pretty close in voltage.

I will try a recal tomorrow.

Quick Reply