Dec 19, 2015, 03:13 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TIMBITS"
I'm right there with ya "Goose", at 54 I can barely type and see this post !!!

Lol
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2015, 03:46 PM
WOW , what a difference shooting in 1080p 60fps with the nd filters, the video playback and sharpness never looked so movielike...posting the video in a few once uploaded...guess ill be sticking to 1080p from now on
Dec 19, 2015, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TIMBITS"
I'm right there with ya "Goose", at 54 I can barely type and see this post !!!
I always blind type...
Dec 19, 2015, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Goose
Hi guys. Recently I bought a set of Headplay glasses to use with my P3. I'm 53 and need reading glasses for close up things.
I lucked out as my eyesight is the other direction (although just as bad) because I take my coke-bottle-bottom thick glasses off to see the screen perfectly.
Dec 19, 2015, 05:20 PM
Haha, I guess I'm not the only "old phantom" on here eh ???
Dec 19, 2015, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu2
I lucked out as my eyesight is the other direction (although just as bad) because I take my coke-bottle-bottom thick glasses off to see the screen perfectly.
Can you post a link to those, how does it work do you still need a 5.8 rx and one mounted on the P3 to use them?
Dec 19, 2015, 06:00 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk
Thanks Mad, but I still don't know the answer to my question.

How is that 11 m/s achieved?

Lets say the max forward angle/bank of the P3 in RTH mode is 35 degrees.
Does the RTH mode use a pre-set forward angle/bank to return home and is that 11 m/s the resulting (GPS ground speed) if there would be no wind?

Which means with 5 m/s headwind, it would come back with 6 m/s ground speed.
And with 5 m/s tailwind, it would come back with 16 m/s.

Or..

Does the RTH mode try to achieve a pre-set GPS ground speed (instead of a pre-set forward angle/bank)?
In which case it will vary the forward angle/bank between what it needs and what it is programmed to do as a maximum, to achieve those 11 m/s.

Lets say the maximum forward angle/bank the RTH mode is programmed to make is 35 degrees and those 11 m/s GPS ground speed in no-wind conditions can be achieved with 25 degrees angle/bank.
In this case, if there is 5 m/s headwind, RTH will still achieve 11 m/s GPS ground speed, but with maybe 35 degrees forward angle/bank.
And in case of 5 m/s tailwind it also achieves 11 m/s GPS ground speed, but with maybe only 15 degrees forward angle/bank.
Then of course if the headwind or tailwind is too much, even those 35 degrees forward angle/bank are insufficient to achieve a forward speed at all.

So.. What does RTH do?

Pre-set GPS ground speed... Or pre-set forward angle/bank (whatever GPS ground speed results from that)?

In this question, I assumed "forward" to be the direction the RTH tries to fly in and headwind and tailwind to be relative to that same direction.
I have no direct knowledge, but wind speed has effected my RTH speed. That would suggest a preset attack angle.
Dec 19, 2015, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysohigh
Can you post a link to those, how does it work do you still need a 5.8 rx and one mounted on the P3 to use them?
http://www.getfpv.com/headplay-hd-fp...-receiver.html

I just added the hdmi module to my controller and a 1m hdmi cable between the two. Here's a short video of what the OSD looks like (this is from a P3P, not P3A):

Ludlow Lake Headplay (1 min 1 sec)
Dec 19, 2015, 06:06 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbabineaux
First off, I fly Blade Chroma...I like it but it has its limitations. Please convince me that i will be more than amazed by a P3P. How is connectivity in suburban areas? Dont worry lots of green spaces..
My buddy has a Chroma. He cries while he watches my P3P fly off into the horizon as he has to turn around, he cries when he sees my FPV quality, he cries when he sees my tripod in the sky quality, he cries.... well he cries a lot, thinking about how much more I got for the money
Dec 19, 2015, 06:40 PM

Where to purchase 32 & 64 ND filters?

Where are you buying 32 & 64 Neutral Density filters from?
Dec 19, 2015, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Goose
Where are you buying 32 & 64 Neutral Density filters from?
My set included a 32 but not the 64. But I've never needed anything higher than the 16 in Washington state.

http://taco-rc.com/taco-rc-nd-filter...free-shipping/
Dec 19, 2015, 08:17 PM
Thought I'd revisit the 'olde landing pad' subject with a snap of mine, lol.

Actually that's an incorrect description as its better called a "takeoff pad".

I only ever hand catch for landings.

Works a treat on a multitude of surfaces and fits direct into my backpack.
Dec 19, 2015, 08:49 PM
dji phantom 3 1080p 60fps (18 min 4 sec)
early morning video nd8 filter very windy and cloudcover. Theres moments that the video went a bit sideways over the boats i dont know if any of you guys experienced this before but it had me nervous, i dont know if maybe the wind had to do with it.....
Last edited by flysohigh; Dec 19, 2015 at 09:37 PM.
Dec 19, 2015, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
My buddy has a Chroma. He cries while he watches my P3P fly off into the horizon as he has to turn around, he cries when he sees my FPV quality, he cries when he sees my tripod in the sky quality, he cries.... well he cries a lot, thinking about how much more I got for the money
I cry sometimes.
Dec 19, 2015, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbedy
I cry sometimes.
I know we have shark-proof net in Australia, but I didn't know we also have drone-proof net too

Quick Reply