Great plan. Lets give everyone with MRDS our home address

Hold off on registration until the AMA exhausts their challenges

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngogl...cly-available/

You mean this???
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngogl...cly-available/
Dec 18, 2015, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr
How do you do this if you have multiple batteries? Set it for each one while it is in the P3 and connected?

bob
Yes you can set each battery for different discharge times from 1 - 10 days. I used to have all mine set for 10 but am learning that's not the best thing to do. So now I have them all set to 1 day and that morning before flying I just charge as many as I'm going to need up to 100%.
Dec 18, 2015, 06:23 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary714
Yes you can set each battery for different discharge times from 1 - 10 days. I used to have all mine set for 10 but am learning that's not the best thing to do. So now I have them all set to 1 day and that morning before flying I just charge as many as I'm going to need up to 100%.

Just remember if you press the button to check the level it resets the counter

I have mine at 2 days.
Dec 18, 2015, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1

I have mine at 2 days.
Yeah... that part's a bummer. Any idea why they did it that way?
Dec 18, 2015, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1

I have mine at 2 days.
I thought that was proven to be false and pressing the button doesn't reset the timer at all?
Dec 18, 2015, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoga
I thought that was proven to be false and pressing the button doesn't reset the timer at all?
That would be great! Do you remember the particulars of who/how that was found out?
Dec 18, 2015, 07:18 PM
up until now i have not had any issues with batteries (3 of them) no issues with firmware, tried all flight modes all seem to work perfect???? Just wonder why some have issues with the firmware upgrades and some don't if we all use the same system??
Dec 18, 2015, 07:34 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoga

Not as far as I am aware
Dec 18, 2015, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronewell
Very cool, did you do anything to protect the craft from the snow/water? Did you find any adverse affects from flying in the snow? How did you dry it after?
The drone was cold enough so that no snow accumulated on it. Had snow accumulate on the iPad and hood though, but it blew off easily without melting after landing.
Dec 18, 2015, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysohigh
up until now i have not had any issues with batteries (3 of them) no issues with firmware, tried all flight modes all seem to work perfect???? Just wonder why some have issues with the firmware upgrades and some don't if we all use the same system??
You should ask DJI that question. We're not all using the same system, some use iOS some Android, some have older versions of Tx and others different motors etc.

Why do some shells crack and others don't? Why is it necessary to make sure your batter is fully charged before every flight? Could it be a result of using inexpensive components? Could it be because the difference between all the devices require different firmwear? Could it be that we get what we pay for? Or is it as you insinuate that the rest of us are idiots?

Probably all of those things..
Dec 18, 2015, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=Av8Chuck;33486444]You should ask DJI that question. We're not all using the same system, some use iOS some Android, some have older versions of Tx and others different motors etc.

Why do some shells crack and others don't? Why is it necessary to make sure your batter is fully charged before every flight? Could it be a result of using inexpensive components? Could it be because the difference between all the devices require different firmwear? Could it be that we get what we pay for? Or is it as you insinuate that the

I refer to android users as am i, guessing then all the problems are with IOS dont know but wonder if there are other lollipop users having FW issues?
Dec 18, 2015, 08:09 PM

vlc for playing back 4k video

I am finally going to be able to hook up my videos to an actual 4k TV using my laptop and a 4k HDMI wire are you guys finding VLC to be able to playback 4k video with no problems or are there any settings that you have to configure in VLC media player to playback 4k smoothly?
Dec 18, 2015, 08:35 PM
Guys, I got some questions concerning RTH.

What is the max. angle to obtain forward speed for the P3 during RTH?
Is this the same for the I1, A2, Naza-M, etc?
Is the max wind speed for these drones as stated in their respective manuals the same as the RTH speed in a standard atmosphere in no wind conditions?

How is the max speed during RTH achieved?
By a target GPS ground speed, or a preset angle of the drone?
In other words, if there is significant tailwind towards the home position, will it reduce the angle of the drone when reaching the target RTH GPS ground speed, or just fly home faster?
(And of course opposite in case of headwind.)

And last, is this logic the same for the I1, A2, Naza-M, etc?

Cheers,

Squawk
Dec 18, 2015, 08:38 PM
Animal Logic
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysohigh
I am finally going to be able to hook up my videos to an actual 4k TV using my laptop and a 4k HDMI wire are you guys finding VLC to be able to playback 4k video with no problems or are there any settings that you have to configure in VLC media player to playback 4k smoothly?
Its a hardware / software thing VLC does not help if your hardware can not run 4k
I use 4K so little to hard to edit and your stuck with 30fps
My favourite is 1080 @ 60fps easy to edit easy to upload & gives nice slow mode look to your video only wish the P3P did 120fps

4K over rated IMHO but what ever turns you on

Quick Reply