Sep 19, 2015, 05:18 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbeat
Ugh. Would have helped to know that, lol. I can't find this officially mentioned in DJI's firmware update info... did I miss it or we're just supposed to know these things...
It's in the pink box with red lettering. I think the wording was lost in the English translation.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

Instead of stating the remote update package was not included, it would have been clearer if it said updating the remote was not required
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2015, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr
I hooked up my android phone and found the new settings. What do they do except of course turning off the gimbal/yaw link.

bob
You can also adjust the ramping... very nice if you like gimbal movements that are nice and smooth.
Sep 19, 2015, 05:34 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom
Thought I'd share a Vr Pano I shot last night in true golden light conditions.

There has been plenty of negative critisism about the P3 camera but near in mind this is with a manual camera single setting for 20 shots and honestly I was astonished with it.

This is stitched only from the jpegs and rendered to low resolution - the dng's have data all the way in the shadows, so there is so much more that could be done.

I am helping in the pre-release of DronePan for P3 which was in control of the P3 for the duration of the pano. It should be available in the near future and the brilliant team behind it is offering to the community at no charge.

http://manxelevatedphotos.com/FB1/FB1.html
Dennis is one of the greatest multirotor geniuses on Youtube. I was thinking about jumping on that beta. Your pic looks great. Can you use DP to take static panos?
Sep 19, 2015, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
Dennis is one of the greatest multirotor geniuses on Youtube. I was thinking about jumping on that beta. Your pic looks great. Can you use DP to take static panos?
jhkiom, would you mind sharing how you shot this?
Sep 19, 2015, 05:38 PM

Sim waypoints.

As pointed out by Dave Belton (Post #38028), a way point mission can be established and saved in the simulator and then flown in reality. Downsides are that you have to use the small map in the simulator and you have to use a home point at the flying site. I live 4 miles from my AMA flying field and I can plan way point missions at the AMA field by “flying” in the simulator from my home to the takeoff site at the AMA field and pressing the controller button that establishes the position of the craft as the home point. After the mission is constructed, it is saved by pressing the “star” button. Later at the AMA field, the mission can be found under “Favorites”, retrieved and flown. Of course, if you are already at the flying site, the way point mission can be assembled there as usual either in the simulator or by actually flying it.
Last edited by wmscts; Sep 19, 2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Added a bit.
Sep 19, 2015, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
You can also adjust the ramping... very nice if you like gimbal movements that are nice and smooth.
Like expo for the tilt? Or more than just tilt?

Any recommendations?

bob
Sep 19, 2015, 05:44 PM
Quote:

Any recommendations?

bob
No, it's not expo. Expo can't solve the problem that ramping does. Ramping is a pre-defined acceleration to the start and stop of the gimbal movement. Is solves the problem of appearing like the gimbal hit a wall at the end of its movement. You can do this by hand, but you really have to focus on it and I can't always get it right, ruining otherwise good shots.
Sep 19, 2015, 05:44 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC
Im attempting to download the latest firmware to the air craft (my P3pro is only a few weeks old)
The app says to use the USB (quad to PC ?). The download instructions say to take the card out of the camera and tranfer files to the card with the PC.
Suggestions?

thanks!
As posted by Chris Crash follow what i posted, basically download firmware and Unzip the file, place just the .bin file on the SD card.

Notice i have just updated a few things on it to reflect recent changes re the controller update
Sep 19, 2015, 05:45 PM
Quote:

Any recommendations?

bob
It's like ease-in and ease out of the movement.
Sep 19, 2015, 05:54 PM
Quote:
I use it with my reading glasses... easily. You try that?
I was wondering if those magnifying glasses from the drug store would work, is that what you're talking about. I have bifocals, maybe that's the problem?
I'm picturing myself standing in Walmart with Headplays on waving a blinking Proto-X around. SECURITY!!!
Last edited by Sunspot246; Sep 19, 2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Add Walmart, etc.
Sep 19, 2015, 05:59 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot246
Oh well, I was hoping the Headplay goggles would work for me, but they simply don't. My old eyes suck, I can't come close to focusing on something that near to my face. Neither lense helped. I'll just have to make a big, long, black foamboard box for my Ipad Mini 3. Maybe someday there will be some goggles that'll I can use... :-(
I went a different route and am very happy. I had a custom pair of sunglasses made, polarized, mirrored, with close focus bifocal lenses cut for much closer than standard reading distance.

I brought my iPad mini into the optometrist and we dialed in the focus at 12-15". I use an Hoodie Hood and a brimmed had. The view of the iPad up close is immersive like a Headplay but I have the added bonus of peering over the ipad and seeing the model really well too.

I really like this setup the most for a pilot/cameraman and use them all the time for FPV/LOS flying.
Sep 19, 2015, 06:30 PM
Quote:
It's like ease-in and ease out of the movement.
But, Only for the tilt, right? IOW, the normal auto gimbal adjustment stays as always, except for locking out the yaw coupling?

thx

bob
Sep 19, 2015, 06:34 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
But, Only for the tilt, right? IOW, the normal auto gimbal adjustment stays as always, except for locking out the yaw coupling?

thx

bob
yes rather that it come to an abrupt stop it slows to smooth stop, its great
Sep 19, 2015, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
I went a different route and am very happy. I had a custom pair of sunglasses made, polarized, mirrored, with close focus bifocal lenses cut for much closer than standard reading distance.

I brought my iPad mini into the optometrist and we dialed in the focus at 12-15". I use an Hoodie Hood and a brimmed had. The view of the iPad up close is immersive like a Headplay but I have the added bonus of peering over the ipad and seeing the model really well too.

I really like this setup the most for a pilot/cameraman and use them all the time for FPV/LOS flying.
Yes, that's more of what I'm looking for. I still think I can get decent results with just a longer black foamboard assembly that I can make myself for uno dollah, and save the $275 I've spent on the Headplays . Good info, though, thanks, you just made up my mind - back they go, somebody with younger eyes will love them!
Sep 19, 2015, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
yes rather that it come to an abrupt stop it slows to smooth stop, its great
Awesome. Did you disable the yaw/pan feature as well?

bob

Quick Reply