Sep 19, 2015, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom
Nothing specific in reality, more down to a lack of basic photography knowledge.

That's the problem when you create a flying camera that actually works. You still need to understand the system to get the most from it.

Did you look at the VR pano I posted above, the light range was enormous and this was captured on a single manual setting.

@asphoto. Cheers for the comment, the dng are so much better again and I will batch process them and reprocess the pano when I get some time.
Copy that...

No, I am using my phone right now and can't view the picture. Will do so once I get home.

Thanks.
Last edited by Soloing; Sep 19, 2015 at 02:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2015, 11:40 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post h...

I'm going to post this against my better judgment as I have been winged at in the past over this stuff but it's just a friendly reminder their is a dedicated Vs thread, we don't want to get to bogged down in here over the comparison between to two

Just wanted to remind it was there

Peace and Fly safe folks.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Sep 19, 2015 at 11:48 AM.
Sep 19, 2015, 11:44 AM
ALL GOOD NEVER BETTER
DJI SDK Apps thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2504885
Sep 19, 2015, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloing
Such as? I am about to order the P3pro and would like to know...

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom
Nothing specific in reality, more down to a lack of basic photography knowledge.

That's the problem when you create a flying camera that actually works. You still need to understand the system to get the most from it.

Did you look at the VR pano I posted above, the light range was enormous and this was captured on a single manual setting.

@asphoto. Cheers for the comment, the dng are so much better again and I will batch process them and reprocess the pano when I get some time.
Yes, there have been critiques, some more valid than others. The bottom line is that the P3Pro is not a RED or even a GH4 (no surprise there) but when used by folks who understand the principles for good capture (when to use manual shutter-speed and ISO settings, ND filters, Raw vs. jpeg for stills, log color, less saturation and sharpening, & etc.), and the role that post-processing (exposure, contrast, sharpening, color grading) plays, excellent results that are at least on par with those from, say, GoPro H4 are certainly possible.

Some with less experience with photo/video are disappointed when they use the settings preferred by those with good post-workflows who are happy to spend more time in post to maximize image quality. When less experienced users view the results, without post-processing, they see a dull, less sharp result. For some of them, a return to Auto and Vivid color with +2 sharpening will restore 'good' results with no post. Others will spend the time to understand that optimal result require asking the camera to do 'less' up-front and then spending time tuning in post.

From all I have read and from my personal experience, I see no 'gotchas' for the P3Pro. One slightly odd finding is that while the P3Adv was recently upgraded (via fw update) to include capture at [email protected], this same mode is not available on the P3Pro--apparently due to a hardware limitation. This is not really a problem since the P3Pro already supported [email protected], but it is a little puzzling. And of course the max data rates remain 60 Mbps for Pro vs. 40 Mbps for Adv.

Steve
Sep 19, 2015, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68
I echo those sentiments Mc. I've got an office desk here I bought at auction down in the Valley .. Durango Computer .. another struggling company .. lots of good people working their butts off trying to make it happen. I may do another build with a Pix-Hawk .. already got the motors (8) but at this stage of my life gotta love flying outta the box with so many features and reliability. It's a jungle. Cheers!
Your near Durango?
Sep 19, 2015, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
came across a geeky website that you may be interested in.
Simply upload the flight log TXT file (generated by DJI Pilot app/DJI GO) from your tablet

Currently supported aircrafts: Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced

http://healthydrones.com/
intresting site. Thanks

it's actually more than just intresting. It's a great site giving a lot of informaiton on the P3 behaviour.

It's a great site
Last edited by fanch72; Sep 19, 2015 at 02:31 PM.
Sep 19, 2015, 03:50 PM

across 3 batteries - 16-18 minutes...

... under a variety of flying modes - casual lining up a shot flying and faster moving on to next viewpoint flying. Can get closer to 20 if I land @20% remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloing
Got my Solo Gimbal and flight time is around 13 minutes... A bit short. What are you guys getting?

thanks.
Sep 19, 2015, 03:53 PM
Oh well, I was hoping the Headplay goggles would work for me, but they simply don't. My old eyes suck, I can't come close to focusing on something that near to my face. Neither lense helped. I'll just have to make a big, long, black foamboard box for my Ipad Mini 3. Maybe someday there will be some goggles that'll I can use... :-(
Sep 19, 2015, 04:28 PM
I tried everything to resolve this issue. Finally I removed the HDMI module and put the original module back in and all is good again. Except I don't have HDMI out any more.

In my case, the connection would be dropped every 5-15 secs and disconnecting the cable might work but only for a few seconds.

Blade or Tahoe Ed, would this just be a defected HDMI module or related to something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371
Anyone else seeing "Radio channel quality" poor if you click on Aircraft state often? It does not matter where I am or how close or far I am from the bird It flips back and forth from good to poor every couple of seconds but is pretty much on poor 90% of the time. The controller and HD signals appear fine at 5 bars. Ive tried different channels etc thats show no interference and it makes no difference. I took it to the beach where there is less wifi around etc. I am hoping its just a benign bug.

Thanks

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Remove the app and reinstall.. please try another cable as well..
Sep 19, 2015, 04:43 PM
Im attempting to download the latest firmware to the air craft (my P3pro is only a few weeks old)
The app says to use the USB (quad to PC ?). The download instructions say to take the card out of the camera and tranfer files to the card with the PC.
Suggestions?

thanks!
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Sep 19, 2015, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot246
Oh well, I was hoping the Headplay goggles would work for me, but they simply don't. My old eyes suck, I can't come close to focusing on something that near to my face. Neither lense helped. I'll just have to make a big, long, black foamboard box for my Ipad Mini 3. Maybe someday there will be some goggles that'll I can use... :-(
I use it with my reading glasses... easily. You try that?
Sep 19, 2015, 04:54 PM
NY & CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC
Im attempting to download the latest firmware to the air craft (my P3pro is only a few weeks old)
The app says to use the USB (quad to PC ?). The download instructions say to take the card out of the camera and tranfer files to the card with the PC.
Suggestions?

thanks!
I am not sure what your question is?

Here is a set of very good instructions the Mad put together.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2420104
Sep 19, 2015, 04:59 PM
Maybe it's been discussed before, but I have not kept up on this thread. I flew today for the first time in about a month and with the latest firmware. I flew past some obstacles and suddenly lost signal about 150 yards away. Ok, no big deal as I have had this happen before and without warning. My P3 (pro) always came back automatically by itself. This time it didn't come back and the signal stayed lost. After waiting about 2 minutes I decided to turn off the radio. Within about 10 or 15 seconds I see it coming back. Did something change with the new firmware in regards to signal loss? It specifically is set to RTH in my DJI Pilot app on signal loss. It should not sit there and hover by itself, unless set to do so. The video shows it just hovering there by itself and it did not RTH until I turned off the radio.

Rob
Sep 19, 2015, 05:10 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette
DJI photo leaked from their R&D department.
Here is the brand new pad hat, one size fits all they came up with.
In stores next week.
I just saw this same post in a Facebook group. Was that you?
Sep 19, 2015, 05:11 PM

Android Extra Gimbal Settings

I hooked up my android phone and found the new settings. What do they do except of course turning off the gimbal/yaw link.

bob

Quick Reply