Apr 28, 2015, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Landing
It seems that the esc are welded into one board, you will have to replaced the entire board, AFAIK. ?
To Ed or Blade strike:

I'm not sure Tony. That something I would like to know and pretty much sums up what I was trying to say. Maybe the support guys could help answer that?

(Serious question I'm not trying to waste anyone ones times here just would like a definitive answer if possible thanks.)
Last edited by Quadzilla_; Apr 28, 2015 at 12:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2015, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Jesus. I've never seen anything more stupid. I hope they don't pull that cr@p in Santa Cruz!
Yeah, I agree. Saw their unveil and they were trying to be very professional like apple. well, this video isn't apple.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx
pretty stopid. phantom's are rolling out and no one can fly it yet with the app.... LOL fail @ DJI.
also not even a manual yet...
Agree, It should be along any day now and if it's not, this is very poor.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:19 PM
freelance videographer/DP
Quote:
Originally Posted by josedc
Like a kid at Christmas, I just took delivery of a brand new Phantom 3 from my dealer, RP Innovations, in Singapore.

http://youtu.be/h2GBGS3KSXs

Unfortunately, the DJI Pilot app for iOS is not yet compatible with the Phantom 3 ... still waiting to be able to fly it.

Can anyone at DJI help me? Any possibility of an enterprise mode release of the iOS app, similar to what DJI did for the Inspire 1 initial release? I don't want to buy an Android device.
have you tried the inspire app?
Apr 28, 2015, 12:19 PM
foamies never die
Quote:
Unfortunately, the DJI Pilot app for iOS is not yet compatible with the Phantom 3 ... still waiting to be able to fly it.

Can anyone at DJI help me? Any possibility of an enterprise mode release of the iOS app, similar to what DJI did for the Inspire 1 initial release? I don't want to buy an Android device.
I believe DJI got into trouble with Apple for allowing us mere mortals to use an enterprise version of the app before it was officially released, so I doubt you will get one that way (well at least not publicly). I think you can still fly - but obviously without the video feed & telemetry.

Is there a friends android device you can borrow for a few days ? - or worst case get a cheap one (accept the slow frame rate) & ebay it once IOS is out.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:28 PM
I tried the DJI Pilot app for iOS (same one I use for my Inspire) but the screen is black with the message "Disconnected" at the top just like there is nothing connected. The green light is on the RC but I can't seem to even arm the motors. It's behaving like nothing is connected.

It seems like DJI should have released a new version of the Pilot app that would work with both Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 products a few days before sending out the aircraft to customers or dealers.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:38 PM
Quad Nut...
The only thing worse than not having my P3 is having it without the app and flying blind - at least by the time my P3 Advanced arrives next September (at this rate) the app should be out
Apr 28, 2015, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the Fish
[QUOTE=josedc;31473665]I tried the DJI Pilot app for iOS (same one I use for my Inspire) but the screen is black with the message "Disconnected" at the top just like there is nothing connected. The green light is on the RC but I can't seem to even arm the motors. It's behaving like nothing is connected.
REDACTED.

I have been informed that one of our engineers has made a misstatement to Apple. That has caused the delay. I apologies for my previous statement that the delay was caused by Apple that was not correct. We are working with Apple to correct the situation and will inform our users when the App is available. Again I am so sorry for misleading our users on this matter and was relying on the most resent data that was available to me. I am most embarrassed. DJI as a company will make this right. My apologies and please feel free to comment. It is my fault.
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Apr 28, 2015 at 08:03 PM.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:43 PM
Fly the Big Sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Unfortunately we are again at the mercy of Apple. The App was submitted in a timely manner but they continue to make their requirements more stringent with every submission. I was told that it should be on the Apple store shortly. You can use v1.0.10 of the Android version or bind an Inspire Tx to the P3 and use the iOS for the Inspire for an immediate work around. We are sorry we thought that we had plenty of time, but Apple changed that on us.
Sounds good but what's the explanation for not having an electronic version of the manual before sending units to customers?
Apr 28, 2015, 12:44 PM
foamies never die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourblade
The only thing worse than not having my P3 is having it without the app and flying blind - at least by the time my P3 Advanced arrives next September (at this rate) the app should be out
I'm confused - so are you saying you have a P3 & you can't fly it as expected ? - or are you saying if you had a P3 right now you would be disappointed ??
Apr 28, 2015, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmont250
have you tried the inspire app?

There is not a separate Inspire app....
Apr 28, 2015, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately we are again at the mercy of Apple. The App was submitted in a timely manner but they continue to make their requirements more stringent with every submission. I was told that it should be on the Apple store shortly. You can use v1.0.10 of the Android version or bind an Inspire Tx to the P3 and use the iOS for the Inspire for an immediate work around. We are sorry we thought that we had plenty of time, but Apple changed that on us.
Oh wow! ... so I can use my 2nd Inspire controller to bind with my new Phantom 3? ... thank you thank you ... I'll try that!

Sorry, I tried Android a couple months ago and gave up frustrated without figuring our why it wouldn't work. I'm hesitant to do Android again now.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:51 PM
foamies never die
Quote:
Oh wow! ... so I can use my 2nd Inspire controller to bind with my new Phantom 3? ... thank you thank you ... I'll try that!
Just make sure you remember to raise the landing gear on take off & put it into travel mode when you've finished
Apr 28, 2015, 12:54 PM
Quad Nut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bunker
I'm confused - so are you saying you have a P3 & you can't fly it as expected ? - or are you saying if you had a P3 right now you would be disappointed ??
I'm hallucinating - it's my medication - I need stronger tablets to cope with all these "I just got my P3" posts and judging by the lack of news of anyone anywhere getting an Advanced model (which I've ordered) I'll be needing more than tablets soon...
Apr 28, 2015, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheerider
Sounds good but what's the explanation for not having an electronic version of the manual before sending units to customers?
B/c theres one in the box, lol
Apr 28, 2015, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Hi Tahoe. Thanks for the suggestion ... but I can't figure out how to bind the P3 to my I1 RC. I found the tiny "link" button on the right side of the P3. I'm guessing that it's used similar to P2, i.e. press then turn on RC then press again. I'm using my I1 slave RC, which I used the app to switch back to master or off but to no avail. After 30 mins of trying, my I1 2nd RC still has red light flashing and my P3 won't bind with it. Is there something I'm missing?
Apr 28, 2015, 01:15 PM
Regarding this height limit: what if I'm on top of mountain and I would like to take P3 800m below me?
What happens then?
Apr 28, 2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Hi Tahoe. Thanks for the suggestion ... but I can't figure out how to bind the P3 to my I1 RC. I found the tiny "link" button on the right side of the P3. I'm guessing that it's used similar to P2, i.e. press then turn on RC then press again. I'm using my I1 slave RC, which I used the app to switch back to master or off but to no avail. After 30 mins of trying, my I1 2nd RC still has red light flashing and my P3 won't bind with it. Is there something I'm missing?
Make sure that you Tx is on the latest firmware. Then open the App. Under the Tx icon, you can go to RC Control Settings and scroll down to linking rc. Press that and then you will have 60 seconds to link with the P3. Then press the link button on the side of the VPS unit. You should then be linked. That will work for the time being until Apple is done. We used the Inspire Tx for all of NAB with no issues.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:18 PM
Helis & Quads
Shipping update from AlleRC. They will be shipping out late today or tomorrow.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad2015
Regarding this height limit: what if I'm on top of mountain and I would like to take P3 800m below me?
What happens then?
Nothing. The limit is above the take off point not below as well. You can go down as much as you want.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Nothing. The limit is above the take off point not below as well. You can go down as much as you want.
And up again I hope? Going down 800 m, then coming back to where you started without any issues?
Apr 28, 2015, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Make sure that you Tx is on the latest firmware. Then open the App. Under the Tx icon, you can go to RC Control Settings and scroll down to linking rc. Press that and then you will have 60 seconds to link with the P3. Then press the link button on the side of the VPS unit. You should then be linked. That will work for the time being until Apple is done. We used the Inspire Tx for all of NAB with no issues.
Wow! ... thanks to you, I was successful linking my I1 RC to my P3, then registered the new aircraft and was able to arm the motors! ... I believe I can fly (as in the song!)

It's 2.30am here in Singapore so I'm going to charge my battery and do a test flight tomorrow ... uh, I mean later today ... thanks again for being so helpful Tahoe! ... I owe you
Apr 28, 2015, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrbloss
And up again I hope? Going down 800 m, then coming back to where you started without any issues?
Right, would I be able to bring it back?
Apr 28, 2015, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al27
Shipping update from AlleRC. They will be shipping out late today or tomorrow.
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

I need to get a life
Apr 28, 2015, 01:35 PM
wps
wps
Quote:
You can go down as much as you want.
That's what she said.

Sorry! Couldn't resist.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:36 PM
Fly the Big Sky!
Quote:
What part of "above home point" do you not understand? If it was set for above sea level then you might have an issue.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:38 PM
Sorry guys, I didnt see that.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrbloss
Quote:
Home altitude is set from the take-off point.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:42 PM
freelance videographer/DP
Quote:
Wow! ... thanks to you, I was successful linking my I1 RC to my P3, then registered the new aircraft and was able to arm the motors! ... I believe I can fly (as in the song!)

It's 2.30am here in Singapore so I'm going to charge my battery and do a test flight tomorrow ... uh, I mean later today ... thanks again for being so helpful Tahoe! ... I owe you
haha, truly addicted at 230am.
Apr 28, 2015, 01:43 PM
Ugh. I have my P3 on order from Amazon. Still showing May 15th. Right downstairs from where I work there is a camera shop that sells drones. I decided to see if they were getting a shipment so that I could A: support a local business and B: get my P3 sooner. I walked in and immediately noticed a P3 Pro in the display case. Woo!!!! I could possibly get one TODAY!

I asked if they had any available. The one in the case is their demo model. And... they have none on order, but could order one for me. GAAAAH!!! Why would they not have ordered any?!?! Such disappointment.

Oh well. I'm still hoping Amazon will get their shipment and send them out before the May 15th date.

Quick Reply