Apr 13, 2015, 12:46 PM
Empire Support

Sandisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmucker
Yeah was thinking SanDisk too.
Whats the average file sizes of the files from these 4K files, probably similar to the Inspire Im guessing. Thinking maybe a 32gb would do? Maybe even 64gb
I've been using Sandisk SD Cards with the P2V+ and I1 without much trouble.
The pros on the forums will tell you that Samsung is a little better.
Amazon frequently runs sales on both...
Never had a second's trouble with the Sandisk product on the P2V+.
The problems I've had with the Sandisk product was on the I1, and reformatting the SD Card with the camera put things right...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2015, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
I've been using Sandisk SD Cards with the P2V+ and I1 without much trouble.
The pros on the forums will tell you that Samsung is a little better.
Amazon frequently runs sales on both...
The problems I've had with the Sandisk product was on the I1, and reformatting the SD Card with the camera put things right...
Yeah I use alot of SanDisk cards for my wedding photography and haven't had an ounce of problems with them, but like everything. Things can just break for no apparent reason
Apr 13, 2015, 01:04 PM
Yep never had a issue with and SanDisk cards here either.
Apr 13, 2015, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx
as soon as the developpers start working on the SDK and make their own apps.

This is such a mistake on DJI's part IMO. The cable cam and orbit modes are so useful and I bet there will be a bunch of people that jump over to the 3DR platform for just that (So long as it actually does as promised - but hey they give you a 30 day money back guarantee) .
Apr 13, 2015, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk
This is such a mistake on DJI's part IMO. The cable cam and orbit modes are so useful and I bet there will be a bunch of people that jump over to the 3DR platform for just that (So long as it actually does as promised - but hey they give you a 30 day money back guarantee) .
It's faster, but limited range 0.5 miles (800 m) and limited to 400 feet altitude (121 m). It also looks like a cheap toy (which I thought the Phantom did too, until I actually bought one ). I still want my P3 Pro, the 3DR Solo is nothing for me.
Apr 13, 2015, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk
1+

I like where 3DR is going....

Nice to see they give Dji som competition
Apr 13, 2015, 01:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrbloss
It's faster, but limited range 0.5 miles (800 m) and limited to 400 feet altitude (121 m). It also looks like a cheap toy (which I thought the Phantom did too, until I actually bought one ). I still want my P3 Pro, the 3DR Solo is nothing for me.
I agree.. Let's just see how the gimbal performs.. That's the hardest part. But lets keep this to the p3 owners.

If you guys want to talk about the differences there already a thread for that. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Apr 13, 2015, 01:43 PM
blade strike, can you please ask about wind gusts? I heard max wind resistance is 6 m/s but is this also for gusts?
Apr 13, 2015, 01:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
blade strike, can you please ask about wind gusts? I heard max wind resistance is 6 m/s but is this also for gusts?
When I did my 2.2km run winds were averaging 8-10mph. She handle it without issue. IMHO, anything that the p2 could do this can do better. This has the needed power especially at the altitudes I fly at. The poor p2 with LB and h3-3d didn't have much power up here.

The power system defiantly woke the p3 up
Apr 13, 2015, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
When I did my 2.2km run winds were averaging 8-10mph. She handle it without issue. IMHO, anything that the p2 could do this can do better. This has the needed power especially at the altitudes I fly at. The poor p2 with LB and h3-3d didn't have much power up here.

The power system defiantly woke the p3 up
you mean the improved motors over the phantom 2?

Anyway, would still like to get a official recommendation, so i know where to stay away from hehe
Apr 13, 2015, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

The power system definitely woke the p3 up
Was this in gps or atti mode because the other phantom are faster in atti?
Apr 13, 2015, 01:53 PM
Quote:
and 4S power system.
Apr 13, 2015, 01:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Anyway, would still like to get a official recommendation, so i know where to stay away from hehe
Improved motors, esc and 4s battery. Big improvements!!

My official recommendation would be to abide by the manual of course.
Apr 13, 2015, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Improved motors, esc and 4s battery. Big improvements!!

My official recommendation would be to abide by the manual of course.
will the manual say the maximum wind speed recommendation?

By the way some (maybe) very good news regarding the limited range for europe.

Someone at phantompilots had a chat with support and this is the result.
Quote:
EC is lower than FCC. Does this mean that in Europe the phantom 3 will have a lower range?

Max joined the chat
Max
Hello, Dirk.

I am not sure about that.

That might be a question for [email protected], but let me check if anyone here knows about that.

Max
We know that there is a way to switch from CE to FCC compliance, but we are not sure how here. At this time, it would be best to reach out to [email protected].

Dirk Haafkens
From what i've heard its factory set when shipped so you can't switch

Max
It is set, but you should be able to switch it, like you can with the Phantom 2 models.

We just are not sure how to do it yet in this department.

They don't even know it at DJI...
EDIT: and just confirmed myself.

Last edited by borgqueenx; Apr 13, 2015 at 02:06 PM.
Apr 13, 2015, 02:32 PM
Helis & Quads
Quote:
will the manual say the maximum wind speed recommendation?

By the way some (maybe) very good news regarding the limited range for europe.

Someone at phantompilots had a chat with support and this is the result.

EDIT: and just confirmed myself.

I'm not sure that's correct. I believe it was mentioned by Ed or Blade that the mode is automatically set by the pilot app based on where your at.

Quick Reply