Apr 10, 2015, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpetroski
So the newer IPAD AIR connects via lightning cord to USB on the P3 controller?
Correct
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2015, 10:13 AM
Helis & Quads
Blade

Please correct me if I'm wrong but did you say you received the advanced version of the P3 and not the pro? That would mean you shot the test video with the 1080 camera correct?
Apr 10, 2015, 10:21 AM
I looked at the first video zip dl to my retina MacBook Pro and the video had a few slight jerks in it. I think it was more encoding issue than gimbal etc. anyone else catch that too?
Apr 10, 2015, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al27
Blade

Please correct me if I'm wrong but did you say you received the advanced version of the P3 and not the pro? That would mean you shot the test video with the 1080 camera correct?
No, Ed received the advanced.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhungarian
I looked at the first video zip dl to my retina MacBook Pro and the video had a few slight jerks in it. I think it was more encoding issue than gimbal etc. anyone else catch that too?
It could be the post processing. I did have to re-encode to put the files together. Remember we have all seen the performance of the pro camera. Its the same as the inspire.

The one thing the p3 does seem to nail better than the inspire is the level horizon. The horizon is super stable.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan
I was all set to buy this until the specs were leaked on the 3 DR SOLO. MUCH BETTER PRODUCT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Then why are you here?
I have a suspicion...but the lad can speak for himself"

Ray Jay
Apr 10, 2015, 10:38 AM
Just looked at the Solo. Why do these companies have to make them look like they have windows on them?!? It makes them look like a toy. That's one think I like about DTI's Pantom.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:41 AM
Quote:
The one thing the p3 does seem to nail better than the inspire is the level horizon. The horizon is super stable.
Saweet! I can't wait for my pro. I do wish they would give us that backpack with the pro it looks much cheaper to produce than the manfrotto one. No licensing fees etc...
Apr 10, 2015, 10:45 AM
Quote:
It could be the post processing. I did have to re-encode to put the files together. Remember we have all seen the performance of the pro camera. Its the same as the inspire.

Even if u pitch and roll full stick? Id like to compare. Thats the biggest issues with the inspire.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Even if u pitch and roll full stick? Id like to compare. Thats the biggest issues with the inspire.
Pitch gimbal and then apply roll to the craft? This I have not tried.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
I can confirm that the DJI Pilot App will not even start to load on an iPad2.
You get a message that it is not compatible with the device...

Like Ed said somewhere, your device is outdated before it's even paid for...
That's why I'll wait until I have 1 in the box, sitting here-to buy my new Ipad Air 3

Quote:

Are the native files MP4? In my experience MP4+youtube is a horrible combination.

Also-someone asked the release date; April 22nd. How many of you read the FAQ's? Seriously?
To summarize; April 22nd, really means you'll have it May 15th. Back pack was probably a prototype, they made maybe 5?-sourced it out, and found they couldn't get them cheap enough, and moved on-Business 101.
Somebody will look at that design, copy it, and produce it. Happens all the time-just wait.
Pre-order?? Never really done that until I looked at the product.

Now-if E.C. or some of the other "peep's" at DJI wanna take my money in Vegas, and hand me one in the box, next week-consider it Sold!!
You guys know I fly the crap out of my Phantoms..as in 100's of flights/year. And-this Heat we have here.....can't quite get that in Vegas. You can get close.

But-my "expectation" is more like end of May, 1st week of June. Which works out very well for me. Summers here are brutally hot in the middle of the day-and this place turns into a Ghost Town. Love it!!
Sunrise, flying in the mountains, with nobody around.......no snowbirds, just me.
For me, flying these things is my "therapy". If you don't know me-you don't understand or even need to understand, why I need to fly.....just understand I do.

OH-read the FAQ's......
Apr 10, 2015, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuphoto
That's why I'll wait until I have 1 in the box, sitting here-to buy my new Ipad Air 3

Are the native files MP4? In my experience MP4+youtube is a horrible combination.

Also-someone asked the release date; April 22nd. How many of you read the FAQ's? Seriously?
To summarize; April 22nd, really means you'll have it May 15th. Back pack was probably a prototype, they made maybe 5?-sourced it out, and found they couldn't get them cheap enough, and moved on-Business 101.
Somebody will look at that design, copy it, and produce it. Happens all the time-just wait.
Pre-order?? Never really done that until I looked at the product.

Now-if E.C. or some of the other "peep's" at DJI wanna take my money in Vegas, and hand me one in the box, next week-consider it Sold!!
You guys know I fly the crap out of my Phantoms..as in 100's of flights/year. And-this Heat we have here.....can't quite get that in Vegas. You can get close.

But-my "expectation" is more like end of May, 1st week of June. Which works out very well for me. Summers here are brutally hot in the middle of the day-and this place turns into a Ghost Town. Love it!!
Sunrise, flying in the mountains, with nobody around.......no snowbirds, just me.
For me, flying these things is my "therapy". If you don't know me-you don't understand or even need to understand, why I need to fly.....just understand I do.

OH-read the FAQ's......
You have the option to record in .mov or .mp4. These were .mp4.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:13 AM
OK-thanks. I much prefer .mov. Edit in mov, render and upload in the same container-mov, works great.
Just to confirm-there will never be a camera FW upgrade to 1080/120? Same sensor guess it depends on the "pipelines and architecture" downstream for the chip. 2.7K anything would be good too
Apr 10, 2015, 11:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuphoto
OK-thanks. I much prefer .mov. Edit in mov, render and upload in the same container-mov, works great.
Just to confirm-there will never be a camera FW upgrade to 1080/120? Same sensor guess it depends on the "pipelines and architecture" downstream for the chip. 2.7K anything would be good too
I wouldn't have any information on that, sorry.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:27 AM
i have a lightbridge i thought to sell, but price is going down. m,maybe i could use it with my phantom 2, what i will gain with this combination compared to phantom 3?
with light bridge on phantom 2 i could use the futaba radio, i will have all telemetry and video in the phantom 2?

Quick Reply