Jan 30, 2016, 12:45 AM
Student Pilot - CYBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomenak View Post
It feels the same as before when it worked as it should..
Please try an RC calibration.. could help
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2016, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsupermax View Post
Please try an RC calibration.. could help
Sorry forgot to mention that I have tried this one also
Jan 30, 2016, 12:58 AM
Here We Go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave199 View Post
Another successful litchi flight for me today. I'm having an absolute blast with my P3A doing this! Can't wait to plan and fly more!

https://youtu.be/BS-pnsGdbV4

This is the mission for interest.

https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=RK9mpLzA2p#
Cool! Did you setup all your waypoints in the app, or did you do it through the Mission Hub at flylitchi.com? I was messing with it, and I liked being able to set them up on my laptop through the Mission Hub and then being able to open it on my ipad.
Jan 30, 2016, 01:10 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsupermax View Post
Clouds during sunset today..
Great shot. I need to fly somewhere like that again just to relax. All of my flying is in urban environments or over the ocean.
Jan 30, 2016, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Ah, nice!
Thanks for including the mission as well. The weather is horrible here and I just don't have a chance to try it.
So this will help me understand a lot better how it works.

How did you attach the link to your mission?
Thanks! When you have a registered account at litchi and you post your mission flight video on YouTube or the like, you can add the link in the mission settings in the hub. I hope your weather gets better soon!
Jan 30, 2016, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk View Post
Cool! Did you setup all your waypoints in the app, or did you do it through the Mission Hub at flylitchi.com? I was messing with it, and I liked being able to set them up on my laptop through the Mission Hub and then being able to open it on my ipad.
I did it in the app although I do like the hub and app being linked now. Thanks for watching.
Jan 30, 2016, 03:06 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
I am having a gimbal issue with my P3 Advanced and now I'm pretty much as I think I've tried all I could.

I have around 20 flights on the craft. Loving it dearly, never had a crash of any sort and it lives in a hard shell backpack. That's just a bit of background info.

I wanted to fly it last night after almost 3 weeks, turned it on and the gimbal is pointing to the left instead of straight ahead. I tried to turn it off and on with no luck of getting it to fix itself. There was no error messages in the app apart from the FW update so I tried to run the update - no luck.

I tried to calibrate the gimbal multiple times and also ran the IMU calibration. Neither of the above worked so now pretty much desperate now as I tried everything I know to.

I'm pretty gutted as we have a great weather here in New Zealand and long weekend so I wanted to shoot some vids

Can you post the hidden log file from the update

The hidden log is created on the SD card located under \MISC\LOG\ folder

The log looks like

P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt for the Pro

To view this log you will need to enable view hidden files on you computer see links below

Mac

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mac+show+hidden+files

Windows

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WIndows+show+hidden+files
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Jan 30, 2016, 03:09 AM

Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post h...

Looks like a few folks are coming onboard.

Congratulation you will love the P3, any questions just ask.

Some info just to get you going.

A few things in your new P3

Read all the DJI manuals a few times, there is a huge amount of info in them and it s easy to miss something important

I highly recommend you install the latest FW especially if flying on clod climates.

Before performing the FW updated read the DJI instructions and understand what your looking for regards to knowing when it done

A lot more info is here should you need it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2420104

Once you have updated you need to do an IMU calibration first, you need to do this on a perfectly level surface, ideally get the P3 as cold as you can first as well this helps with the warming up time and gimbal calibration.

Once done calibrate the gimbal on the same level surface.

Next you need to calibrate the controller to make sure all the sticks perform as they should then finally before you fly calibrate the compass at your flight location.

Take it easy for your first few flights until you understand what the craft is doing and behaves and how you expect it to behave as they can be different. Avoid water or tight spaces, give your self plenty of open space to check the craft is working correctly and you understand its controls.

Do not use CSC to stop the motors after landing it has a habit of tipping the craft, just hold the throttle down to minimum for a few seconds to shut the motors down.

Battery

A few simple rules will ensure you shoals not have any problems

Take it easy on new packs

A brand new battery can take a number of cycles to realise it full capacity, do not fully discharge a new pack for the first few cycles, ideally don't discharge below 50% for the first 10 cycles.

Do not fly a partly charged pack

Only take off with a fully charged battery, if you stop flying do not use the pack again for another flight.

Only fly a fresh fully charged battery.

Fly with in 24 hours of charging a battery, ideally sooner, if the battery has been sitting for over 24 hours discharge it to below 90% then charge it fully before flight.

Regularly calibrate you battery,

At least every 20 cycles discharge you're battery to 3.35v per cell or discharge it till it turns its self off.

To calibrate, filly charge the battery, discharge to 3.35v per cell then fully recharge.

If you see any irregular behaviour from your battery calibrate it before use.

Keep a charged battery warm before flight

Temps are dropping and cold weather can have an averse affect on the battery and its performance, try to keep the pack warm between charging and getting to the fly site in colder weather, DJI have insulation pads for the I1 packs as well as a heater, these are not available for the P3 currently.

Be gentle

In colder weather avoid full throttle unless its absolutely necessary, especially until the battery has warmed in flight, take off at part throttle as this is when the largest load is on the pack and its cold.

Fly safe folks and keep those birds coming home
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jan 30, 2016 at 03:16 AM.
Jan 30, 2016, 03:56 AM
Welcome to all the new P3A owners!
To be sure no one goes into a goggle purchase unaware, the P3A, even with the HDMI board upgrade, will not produce an image in the goggles like you'll see in videos made by a P3P. The Advanced has a 2MB live video data rate as opposed to the Pro's 10MB rate.
Some may never notice the difference, but if you intend to go this route, just be aware. Here is a thread where it's discussed and some comparison video's:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2507207

It's not to scare anyone but just want Advanced owners to be aware. If you don't plan to use goggles or an external HDMI monitor, it's an absolute non-issue as the view in the tablet is very much the same.
Jan 30, 2016, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1 View Post
Can you post the hidden log file from the update
Thanks heaps for taking your time trying to help me!

I have checked the card but unfortunately the LOG folder is empty as I have formatted the card after the update..

I wont be able to try to update it again I guess, right?
Jan 30, 2016, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Thanks heaps for taking your time trying to help me!

I have checked the card but unfortunately the LOG folder is empty as I have formatted the card after the update..

I wont be able to try to update it again I guess, right?

No your fine try the update again then post the log it will create It again
Jan 30, 2016, 06:41 AM
Mad, they would be lost without you!!
Jan 30, 2016, 06:48 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi M,
YesI copy that, however the DJI site posts the same specs for both types of motors: "Operating voltage of 14.8 V, KV of 800 rpm/V , and maximum thrust of 850 g. "
Besides that any minor +/- 200kv differences are easily adjustable with the gain settings: https://youtu.be/flxXdzcLO2w?t=245

Many of us have been flying a 750-1200Kv motor sets with simple gain adjustments on the Naza and Phantom 1 and 2's forever with no issues. So it is curious why DJI makes this statement about the motors being specific to the Phantom 3 V1 and V2... Maybe they are just meaning not to mix the two types on either model?

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1 View Post
its fw differences and lower KV motors so the board has been changed to reflect that, DJI did a main board revision at the same time so its all linked.

DJI propulsion is a tuned system and these days its not as simple as just putting motors with any esc, the motor type and direction is read by the fw upon startup
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 30, 2016 at 06:54 AM.
Jan 30, 2016, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Mad, they would be lost without you!!

Thanks man I'm always around, not been posting as much TBH as trying to kick the habit a bit and reduce the post count a little, also been hanging around with the big boys 😛 in the Inspire thread a little.

But this is always home with you fine folks.
Jan 30, 2016, 07:08 AM

Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post h...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi M,
YesI copy that, however the DJI site posts the same specs for both types of motors: "Operating voltage of 14.8 V, KV of 800 rpm/V , and maximum thrust of 850 g. "
Besides that any minor +/- 200kv differences are easily adjustable with the gain settings: https://youtu.be/flxXdzcLO2w?t=245

Many of us have been flying a 750-1200Kv motor sets with simple gain adjustments on the Naza and Phantom 1 and 2's forever with no issues. So it is curious why DJI makes this statement about the motors being specific to the Phantom 3 V1 and V2... Maybe they are just meaning not to mix the two types on either model?

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Not sure why it's that but Dr Turbo originally a said the P3 2312 motors were the 960kv and the new 2312E are 800Kv.

Recent DJI ESC are far more advance than standard ones and take feedback from the motor directly for feedback into the Flight controller and Active braking, this is sensed through the 3 existing connection, likely resistance/impedance, the ESC's can auto detect the motor type and select the relevant FW if it's uploaded with all available options.

The P3 board version is only installed with the FW for the motor model DJI specified for its version the one motor won't work on the others board it's been tested and produces errors.

This is the same across all the later DJI propulsion sets now, E300,E800 with the advance ESC's.

Quick Reply