Apr 03, 2015, 06:59 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ

PHANTOM 3

PROFESSIONAL & ADVANCED
Be your own director and tell your story as never before. Reach for the sky and capture professional-quality footage from a new perspective.
With a crystal-clear camera, real-time HD video display, and intuitive flight controls, what will you create?

EPIC AERIAL VIDEO

Imagine amazing, immersive footage at your fingertips. Imagine capturing content fit for the big screen, with crisp images, beautiful resolution, and vivid colors. With an integrated, stabilized camera, your Phantom 3 brings your imagination to life.

The Phantom 3 Professional comes with a 4K camera, while the Phantom 3 Advanced shoots 1080p HD.

EASY TO FLY

Your Phantom 3 fits into your life and makes flying remarkably intuitive and easy. From takeoff to landing, it's completely under your control, responding to your commands while automatically handling the most complex aspects of safe, stable flight.

POWERFUL MOBILE APP

Complete power is at your fingertips. Control the camera and change flight settings, all from your mobile device. Plus:
• Automatic video editor that helps piece together your best footage in seconds
• Ability to livestream your flights to YouTube for all to see
• Live map that tracks your Phantom 3 at all times
• User-friendly interface for adjusting full camera and flight settings
• And more...

LIVE HD VIEW

Experience a new view of your world, over long distances and in real time. Simply connect your phone or tablet and you have a live 720p HD view of everything your camera sees as you fly. This immersive view streams to you in absolute clarity, enabling you to get that perfect shot and experience flying in a unique way.
This live view is made possible by DJI Lightbridge technology that is used by professional cinematographers and photographers who demand only the best. Fly with this view, and feel what it's like to be above your world without ever leaving the ground.

INTELLIGENT BATTERY
Higher voltage, more energy, and greater power combine to give you a vastly improved flight experience. This upgraded Intelligent Flight Battery has built-in sensors that let you know the status of your battery in real time, so you always know how long you can continue flying and when it’s time to recharge. Recharging is fast and easy, and the Phantom 3 Professional comes with an upgraded charger for substantially reduced charge times.

COMPLETE CONTROL
Keep your Phantom 3 fully under your command while accessing
the most-used features right on the included remote controller.
This crucial piece of your flight experience has been engineered
specifically for flying camera platforms, making every flight easy,
safe, and intuitive.。

UNMATCHED PROPULSION
Each motor has the power and precision needed to give you the best flight experience possible. Brushless motors
work with lightning-fast ESCs to make your Phantom 3 fast, agile, and responsive.

VISION POSITIONING

Fly indoors, low to the ground, and in GPS-free areas with Vision Positioning technology. Visual and ultrasonic sensors scan
the ground beneath your Phantom 3 for patterns, enabling it to identify its position and move accurately.

WORRY-FREE AUTOPILOT
Automatic elements of your Phantom 3’s intelligent flight system help you fly and are available at the touch of a button.

AUTO-TAKEOFF
With one tap in the DJI Pilot app, your Phantom 3 will turn on its motors and rise to a pre-set height. It will then hover perfectly in place until you direct it where to go.

AUTO-RETURN HOME
When GPS is available, your Phantom 3 remembers the exact spot that it took off from. Wherever your aircraft is flying, tap a button to have it return right back home.

FAILSAFE
If the Intelligent Flight Battery is running low, or if your Phantom 3 loses the connection with your remote controller for any reason, the aircraft will automatically return to the takeoff point and land safely.

SDK DEVELOPMENT

Have a new idea that requires a view from the sky?
Develop your own app by using the DJI Software Development Kit. The Phantom 3 platform is fully open and allows you to program apps that:

CONTROL THE CAMERA
Take pictures, record video, and control camera tilt and settings, all based on your app’s needs.

ACCESS REAL-TIME FOOTAGE
Record and analyze your Phantom 3’s live HD video stream. Use this real-time visual information to make your app more powerful and useful.

GATHER FLIGHT DATA
Full flight telemetry, including the Phantom 3’s live altitude, speed, distance, and more, is available to your app.

FOLLOW ME
Program your Phantom 3 to act as your own personal, flying film crew.

GROUND STATION
Set waypoints and assign automatic actions for your aircraft to follow.

POINT OF INTEREST
Select a location or object to focus on, and the Phantom 3 will continuously face it, no matter how you fly.

FAQ

Learn more about the Phantom 3:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3

Watch More Videos:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/video[/QUOTE]

FOR P3 STANDARD PLEASE GO HERE
Last edited by blade strike; Aug 05, 2015 at 09:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2015, 07:00 PM
Thread OP
These first few post will be edited with support information, updates and FAQ.
If you would like something added please PM me.

I just received my unit a few days ago. I received the PS3 Professional . It included the 4k cam, Has full Lightbridge support, 4s battery setup, new shell design, new power system and an inspire like remote. It will retail for $1299.

I only have a few flight on since I only received 1 battery. Those few flight have been getting used to the craft and just playing with the functions. First thing you will notice is this is not your standard P2, it has tons more power and flies more like an inspire than a p2.

Once I get more flights under my belt and get more technical specs I will continue to add to this post and the post below.

First Flight on the P3 Pro (2 min 47 sec)

Updated 4.9.15
DJI P3 Pro - Test Flight two (1 min 15 sec)

Here is the uploaded mp4 file
http://dji.serveftp.org/video/dji_0004-clips.zip

Updated 4/11/15
DJI Phantom 3 - Long range test (5 min 36 sec)

Long Range Test 2.2km with full bar.

Updated:
RAW video file, camera set to log, sharpness -1 , all other settings auto
http://dji.serveftp.org/video/DJI_0038.zip

Video of the same after some Color correction
http://dji.serveftp.org/video/DJI_0038_cc.zip
Last edited by blade strike; Apr 30, 2015 at 11:09 AM.
Thread OP

HDMI Upgrade board install

Last edited by blade strike; May 26, 2015 at 08:56 PM.
Thread OP

User submitted video

Phantom 3 over San Francisco (4 min 51 sec)

DJI Phantom 3 Promotion - APRC Rally Whangarei (3 min 17 sec)

PHANTOM 3 RAW FOOTAGES @ 4K (14 min 40 sec)
Last edited by blade strike; Apr 23, 2015 at 01:03 PM.
Apr 03, 2015, 07:01 PM
Thread OP

Support information

DJI Customer,
Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.
We are thrilled that you will be receiving your Phantom 3 soon. With your new Phantom's unparalleled camera quality and flight experience, you will soon be creating stunning aerial images and videos.
We also have some important updates regarding your Phantom 3:

24/7 Customer Service
DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technical support for all Phantom 3 customers. If you have any questions or concerns about your Phantom 3, please contact DJI anytime starting at 6:00 pm, April 28, 2015 (GMT+8).
You can reach the technical support team by:

Live Chat: Visit http://www.dji.com/support and click on “Live Chat”
E-mail: support@dji.com
A DJI regional office during local working hours:
- North America: +1 (818) 235-0789, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm PDT, or e-mail us.support@dji.com
- EU Member Countries: Call +49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Central European time, or e-mail support.europe@dji.com
- Japan: E-mail support.jp@dji.com
iOS Pilot App
The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. After downloading the new DJI Pilot app, you must update the firmware of your Phantom 3 before it can be used.
Without both updates, the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app will not work with your Phantom 3.
For full instructions on updating your firmware, please download the “How to Update the Firmware” document at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download/.
The Android version will be available on April 30.

Orders with an Extra Battery
If you ordered an Extra Battery with your Phantom 3, this will be shipped separately at a later date in May. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for your support! DJI is striving for product and service of higher quality.
DJI Product Application Technical Support Center
Last edited by blade strike; May 02, 2015 at 10:40 AM.
Apr 03, 2015, 07:13 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Yay, a new Phantom 3 now with "Run into people and things" and "Fly near airliners" Switches to make it even easier for clueless amateurs to fly irresponsibly.
Apr 03, 2015, 07:16 PM
Phantom 3P, Inspire 1, P4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira NZ
Yay, a new Phantom 3 now with "Run into people and things" and "Fly near airliners" Switches to make it even easier for clueless amateurs to fly irresponsibly.
Will be interesting to see what it is..
Last edited by Socal Rich; Apr 03, 2015 at 07:32 PM.
Apr 03, 2015, 07:32 PM
The Ground is the Limit
OK DJI, you have the worlds attention.
Apr 03, 2015, 08:02 PM
The Ground is the Limit
My prediction is for a new DJI Phantom.
It will have Lightbridge, 4K Inspire Camera, with a HIGHER price tag of $2000 but it will come with its own custom box.

Second prediction: AN IN HOUSE GROUND STATION CONTROLLER with LIGHTBRIDGE, compatible with InspireOne. Or at least a DJI re-brand of a tablet that works with Lightbridge and with custom application.

Prediction Three: Updated Naza FC. This flight controller will offer telemetry from ESC as well as FC to their new Ground Station Controller. New firmware changes for more "extreme" flight modes suitable for FPV racing. The firmware will work on older Naza V2 for FPV racing modes.

Prediction four: FOR SAFETY, possibly a system forcing new generation flight controller users to login via a smart phone INTERNET connection before flight. Verifying equipment, GPS coordinates to updated no fly zones, possibly logging your flights for your protection of where you flew. central database of info about magnetic interference, GPS satellite strength prediction, weather....

Prediction five: a DJI mapping application that is subscription based but many times cheaper than the current offerings.

Prediciton six: Inspire ONE+ , updated to handle the E1200 propulsion system and 17" props.

Prediction seven: A whole line of Inspire One sensors. Flir attachment. Zoom camera. New applications exclusive to PREDICTION TWO (in house ground station hand held controller). Module for follow me, follow me camera.

Prediction eight: Application for DJI Drones to fly and control and work as a swarm.

Prediction Nine: DJI announces huge media partnerships with sporting events. Kind of like REDBULL and GOPRO.

Prediction TEN: DJI industry protection program. They will have some professional equipment insurance program for S1000 crafts. This program will insure for equipment failure but you will have to have logs, camera footage. It won't insure none DJI camera's, but it will the gimbal, DJI frame, flight controller, and electronics. Drone will have to be recoverable.
Apr 04, 2015, 03:09 AM
Where is the Android to fight against this Apple of multicopters ?
Apr 04, 2015, 04:43 AM
Dr. Turbo
HaHa, let us suprise you again!

Dr. Turbo
Apr 04, 2015, 06:12 AM
I am hoping for a new Phantom

My guess would be a Phantom 3 almost with the specs the Inspire 1 has but Phantom size with the 4k cam and lightbridge. I bet longer flight times also, maybe 30 minutes?

This would be great, so come on DJI and surprise me
Apr 04, 2015, 08:10 AM
R/C Addict
Think 3D!
Apr 04, 2015, 07:00 PM
I will take 2 please.
Apr 04, 2015, 08:18 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Phantom 3 SPECS!! - Demunseed (6 min 33 sec)

Quick Reply