Apr 03, 2015, 12:45 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Hi Marlin!

Same here. I just have to get one of these. I'm looking forward to attempting to duplicate at least a portion of John Mohr's jaw-dropping aerobatic routine - right in the yard!

Joel
Evening Joel, how are things down there in Minnisota! Finally feels something like spring up here, even got out flying for the first time in the new year last weekend. (UMX Pitts and CC both got a workout!)

No kidding about John's flying, that was amazing and very scale like. As for the troll post above just kinda makes me laugh! RC Model Aircraft pretty much by definition for most people are about just that, MODELING. LOL. Not that there is anything wrong with a non-model RC aircraft, have a couple myself (Radian, UMX Radian, Visionaire) but the ones I like best are all flying MODELS.

Guess I must be one of those weird people who dominate the hobby, heheh, and amazingly have a wife and a couple children as well. Wow, what are the odds of there being more than a couple of us. LOL

Gotta be honest, I think this year might see me get both this one and the Eflite PT-17 ARF. Love the real plane and both of these are excellent scale models that will be a blast to own and fly. (Ok, maybe stand off scale for the Eflite but pretty decent.)

I see a WWU scale flying contest coming soon ...

Marlin
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2015, 12:47 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnpressurized
Hi, nice to meet you. I care about all the things you don't. Now you know one. Most of my hobbies involve "superfluous details" (restoring cars being chief among them). I have a beautiful wife and two children so your right about one thing.....no girlfriend!
LOL, awesome! Might be just one or two more of us out there!

Marlin
Apr 03, 2015, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Sun Eagle,I assume your post must be a late April Fools' joke, right??
Joke???I think (sure hope) it was sarcastic hyperbole.

It was an entertaining way to wake up though ....

Gene K
Apr 03, 2015, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenDrumstick
Reckon a good Champ could do something similar in windless indoor conditions.
The only reason why I do not own a Champ is the lack of aileron. How to perform these nice ailerons rolls at the mid of the video.

Plus that very cool biplane look. MMmmmmmhhhhh.

Very interested.
Apr 03, 2015, 06:55 AM
I was lurking the Sport Cub S for this very same reason. But this one seems as docile and more aerobatic.

Floats maybe?

Ok, I am out.
Apr 03, 2015, 09:10 AM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Eagle
Well, another plane for modeler geeks who care about flying "real" planes with "authentic" details that, by horizons own admission, only push up the price.
Bummer. Clearly whomever is doing their focus testing needs to be fired.

Who ARE these modeling geeks who care 2 cents what a plane looks like or if it's a replica of an "authentic" model? Where do you come from? Do you have girlfriends? We you all dropped on your heads as children?

Horizon...please..stop the madness. No real RC Pilot (and I'll put my skills up against anyone here) cares one wit about "authentic" looking planes.

It's about PERFORMANCE and FLIGHT TIMES and HOW CHEAP IT IS TO OWN AND OPERATE.

I don't know of ONE SINGLE PERSON that care a rats behind if a plane is authentic.

I do know lots of people who want a crazy adrenaline rush from a well made plane that does not cost and arm and a leg because of superfluous details like fake engine parts of plastic pilot figures.

Comon Horizon, learn about basic marketing and market testing before you make any more planes!
This is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've ever read and I've sincerely lost IQ points because I was masochistic enough to read it through to the end.
Apr 03, 2015, 09:13 AM
YES!

Hope this is a month away and not 3 or 4. I want to fly it now, not the end of summer.
Apr 03, 2015, 09:29 AM
Thread OP
Currently it's due Late May
Apr 03, 2015, 09:47 AM
Exactly the model I wanted.

Would have preferred it to be two cells as the one cell micros I've tried so far have been far from impressive, but this one will definitely make me give them another try.

EDIT: Looks like there are many of us in the same boat. I have faith that it will be a great model.
Apr 03, 2015, 10:02 AM
It has a 1s weak brushed motor that will fail soon. Take it to the park and watch it get blown away. I think E-Flite filled it with helium for the very nice aerobatic indoor flight.
I am VERY happy with my 2s Pitts with a brushless motor that lasts forever. The Pitts laughs at wind.
Apr 03, 2015, 10:16 AM
WOT and going nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
It has a 1s weak brushed motor that will fail soon. Take it to the park and watch it get blown away. I think E-Flite filled it with helium for the very nice aerobatic indoor flight.
I am VERY happy with my 2s Pitts with a brushless motor that lasts forever. The Pitts laughs at wind.
I haven't found product videos to be misleading.

Yeah, brushed isn't as good as brushless- but it has the stronger AS3Xtra motor which I've found to have an extremely long service life.
Apr 03, 2015, 10:17 AM
Maybe IT COMES WITH the longer more powerful motor but the replacement motor is the weak shorter one.

Maybe it was designed with the weak shorter motor then Seth flew it and said, 'Wait a minute, use the better motor".
Apr 03, 2015, 10:19 AM
WOT and going nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
Maybe IT COMES WITH the longer more powerful motor but the replacement motor is the weak shorter one.

Maybe it was designed with the weak shorter motor then Seth flew it and said, 'Wait a minute, use the better motor".
Or maybe you can trust that Horizon reps are truthful and that they'll deliver a good product as usual.

Even if I'd prefer a brushless setup, I'll probably dive in on this one because A: It's a nice model and B: I trust in the mechanical specs that Seth has given us so far.
Apr 03, 2015, 10:20 AM
On the ol' Interweb
Thank you, Horizon! I'll be buying one.
Last edited by TazRC; Sep 15, 2017 at 06:28 PM.
Apr 03, 2015, 11:01 AM
Just say no to quadcopters
In the past, has there been an offering with three scales, from HH?

Quick Reply