Feb 22, 2020, 02:43 PM
Lame Duck
@Peter Phillipps :
For myself I want to say that I am not interested in a 2S solution for the 1S UMX. I find this conversion too complex (Stepdown converter, bigger batterie etc).
A almost 'ready' solution like the Ultrix brick would definitely be an interesting thing. Unfortunatelly it has no onboard servos - that means a considerable additional effort to replace them.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2020, 03:39 AM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucan
@Peter Phillipps :
For myself I want to say that I am not interested in a 2S solution for the 1S UMX. I find this conversion too complex (Stepdown converter, bigger batterie etc).
A almost 'ready' solution like the Ultrix brick would definitely be an interesting thing. Unfortunatelly it has no onboard servos - that means a considerable additional effort to replace them.
Good point weight of the two servos and fiddling around getting the CG correct?!
Feb 23, 2020, 06:15 AM
Lame Duck
I won't say that it doesn't work, but it has to be considered.
Mar 09, 2020, 02:32 PM
Non Fragosus

Anyone have the plastic radial engine? Need one

After gluing mine on with CA, I needed to make additional repairs. Thought I would just use CA Uncure to take off the existing CA which had built up. The result:

Oh No! I'm mmmeeelllltttiiiingg.

So if someone crashed their plane and can part with the engine which is for some reason NOT available at HH, please let me know. Happy to pay for it and shipping.
Mar 09, 2020, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcutrone
After gluing mine on with CA, I needed to make additional repairs. Thought I would just use CA Uncure to take off the existing CA which had built up. The result:

So if someone crashed their plane and can part with the engine which is for some reason NOT available at HH, please let me know. Happy to pay for it and shipping.
Oh, that's a bummer! Wish I could help! Good luck!
Mar 10, 2020, 12:34 AM
Slow is the go!
Quote:

I know it wouldn't look as good but you could scratch build a cowling,
some Stearmans have the engine enclosed in a cowl.
Mar 12, 2020, 05:27 PM
Lame Duck
Quote:

Do you have a 3D printer, or somebody with one around you? It's possible to take a 3D model of a radial engine, or like Peter Phillipps said, an additional cowling like I did ...

Name: 20191015_000007_klein.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 190.7 KB
Description:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=59

Name: P3184434b.JPG
Views: 5
Size: 547.9 KB
Description:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3431
Mar 13, 2020, 07:29 AM
Michael S.
My PT-17 repainted as a US Army P-12 from the 30's
Mar 14, 2020, 12:10 PM
Looks great!
Apr 08, 2020, 09:22 AM
Well, someone has to post something new here
I've been able to get a few new flights in with my PT-17 recently. Now to 22 flights. I'm using a 200mah 35C. Even at 32 degrees f, I have no problems getting 6 minutes in with no sign of sagging. I've discovered that rolls seem to get better with use. I'm guessing that the foam hinges are loosening up a bit and allowing more throw? Also, the little bipe flies quit well inverted and will even do an outside loop! This little plane is so much fun. Best $99 I've spent in years

Cliff
Apr 08, 2020, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffh
Well, someone has to post something new here
I've been able to get a few new flights in with my PT-17 recently. Now to 22 flights. I'm using a 200mah 35C. Even at 32 degrees f, I have no problems getting 6 minutes in with no sign of sagging. I've discovered that rolls seem to get better with use. I'm guessing that the foam hinges are loosening up a bit and allowing more throw? Also, the little bipe flies quit well inverted and will even do an outside loop! This little plane is so much fun. Best $99 I've spent in years

Cliff
+1000!

I haven't tried an outside loop! I'll have to give it a go when they open the parks again!
Apr 08, 2020, 10:10 AM
Michael S.
Move the rod from the servo to the bellcrank in to the closer hole and rolls will be really "snappy"!
Apr 08, 2020, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstanleyfl
Move the rod from the servo to the bellcrank in to the closer hole and rolls will be really "snappy"!
My original Stearman aileron throws were great - it rolled very scale looks like. When I replaced the fuselage I moved the same servo and bell crank into the new fuselage. Same stuff installed in the same way, but I lost a couple millimeters of throw. I attempted to move the pushrod into the inner hole on the bell crank, but the servo would occasionally bind. I made a hole between the outer and inner hole. Rolls are great again and no servo binding.

Quick Reply