Oct 15, 2016, 08:20 PM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP

B-36 Smoke

Thanks Drew and Super.

I'll work with it a bit more and then post the final model.
Very much appreciate you testing the prototype for me

Thanks, rick p
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2016, 08:49 AM
Thread OP

B-36 Peacemaker UPDATED

Thought that it might turn out kinda boring, but gotta say that's it's pretty cool watching that thing come straight at you on a low level pass.

Four engines smoking seemed to be stable - two turning and two burning.
Easy enough to enable the others in PhoenixRC.

Also added lights for night flight.

Enjoy, rick p

PS: unzip files and install like an official PhoenixRC update
Update instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj2o7vx9b0...0File.pdf?dl=0
Last edited by rickp; Aug 16, 2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: fix exhaust smoke issue
Oct 16, 2016, 09:28 AM
Suspended Account
I know I certainly will! Fantastic work sir!!
Oct 16, 2016, 01:32 PM
Suspended Account
Rick,

Cant express how tickled I am on this model! It got me thinking about a plane I used to crew on prior to flying hawks. The EC-135 and KC-135. You or anyone up for the challenge of making these birds, when able? The tail markings are from Grissom AFB.
For those that may not know, the ECs were a airborne command post for nuclear attach should the case arise. They were based off the C-135 (707 or -80) and were fitted to accept and offload fuel in air. The KCs are fuel, cargo and pax haulers and some have in air receptacles for fuel. They were named "Christine's" after the first sex transplant in the 70's

EC "G or L" model

The Shamu paint "A or D" model
Oct 16, 2016, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Rotary
I know I certainly will! Fantastic work sir!!
Glad it turned out well, rick p
Oct 16, 2016, 04:17 PM
Thread OP

XF-85 Goblin

Well now, every good Peacemaker deserves a little buddy to keep it company, right?
Besides, we're getting close to Halloween, so it seemed to me that we needed a Goblin.

It's fast, as it needs to be to generate life from those stubby wings.
Hand launch with your nose above the horizon for best results.
A slight power-on approach can result in a nice slide and go on grass.

Enjoy, rick p

PS: You may install this model in either the Phoenix Test or Normal Menus.
To install it in Phoenix Test Menus, unzip the non-PKG file to your PhoenixBuilder\Test\Models directory.
To install it in Normal Phoenix Menus, unzip and install the PKG file as a Phoenix update.
Update instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj2o7vx9b0...0File.pdf?dl=0
Last edited by rickp; Aug 16, 2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: minor paint tweak
Oct 16, 2016, 04:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Rotary
Rick,

Cant express how tickled I am on this model! It got me thinking about a plane I used to crew on prior to flying hawks. The EC-135 and KC-135. You or anyone up for the challenge of making these birds, when able? The tail markings are from Grissom AFB.
For those that may not know, the ECs were a airborne command post for nuclear attach should the case arise. They were based off the C-135 (707 or -80) and were fitted to accept and offload fuel in air. The KCs are fuel, cargo and pax haulers and some have in air receptacles for fuel. They were named "Christine's" after the first sex transplant in the 70's
I used to tank from KC-135's when flying in USAFE, so gotta do this one for you.
Also KC-97's - now that was a hoot when flying a Phantom at only 230 knots.
Your angle of attack increased so much when you approached a full load that you couldn't maintain formation without cracking a burner.
Typically, though, you just fell off the boom. A long time ago in what seems like a galaxy far away.

Regards, rick p

My queue
Aircraft:
- Kate or Val
- Stinson Voyager
- BF-109 schemes
- Hobbyking Bixler 2
- KC / EC-135

Flying sites:
- Popham
- Sutton Park
- Flying field pylons
Oct 16, 2016, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
I used to tank from KC-135's when flying in USAFE, so gotta do this one for you.
Also KC-97's - now that was a hoot when flying a Phantom at only 230 knots.
Your angle of attack increased so much when you approached a full load that you couldn't maintain formation without cracking a burner.
Typically, though, you just fell off the boom. A long time ago in what seems like a galaxy far away.

Regards, rick p

My queue
Aircraft:
- Kate or Val
- Stinson Voyager
- BF-109 schemes
- Hobbyking Bixler 2
- KC / EC-135

Flying sites:
- Popham
- Sutton Park
- Flying field pylons
Now that's an awesome scene w 97s. Good ole toboggan with A10s and C-130s. These are not very good pics as I need to figure out mac to PC screen print, but here is me and Randy flying some B-36 formation. He loves it too! I changed the engines to DA 150 with 75% noise and 125 pitch and jets to turbofan, 60% and 125%.> Sounds sexy in a flyover. Wished the sim would let me use black smoke for them J-47s, and soon to be J-57s. Loves me some water wagons.
670 gallons of demineralized water in 120 seconds.
Also; too bad im a decade short to see the Hustler light the sky up!
Last edited by Super_Rotary; Oct 16, 2016 at 08:48 PM.
Oct 17, 2016, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Thanks to Tundra owners "paultbg" and "ReM56", the attached Tundra models now fly pretty much like the actual models. Thanks guys!

Note that there are three versions:
File Tundra_DF_v18 is the DuraFly version.
File Tundra_v18 in the Dream Aircraft version (now in blue).
File Tundra_Army_v18 is the Australian Army version (everybody loves a roo).

Also note that you can install the Tundras two ways:
The zipped test folders are for those who wish to put the Tundras in their test area.
The zipped .pkg files are for those who wish to install the Tundras with the launcher.

Enjoy, ric kp
I've downloaded these files. What's the procedure to get them installed into my Phoenix sim?
Oct 17, 2016, 05:47 AM
Drew Buckley
Just extract them to your Phoenix Builder folder in My Docs/Phoenix Builder/Test/Models. Restart Phoenix if you already have it open then look in the "Test" section.
Oct 17, 2016, 05:51 AM
Drew Buckley

Spruce Goose

Working on the Spruce Goose. Really appreciate some input here

Been trying to get it slow in everything like it's really heavy but a little more exciting than watching pain dry Started out looking at Rick's B-36 for size settings then went bigger

appreciate any input to finish this. the engines are there but not the mesh. Mesh not finished yet.

Cheers.
Oct 17, 2016, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdb
Just extract them to your Phoenix Builder folder in My Docs/Phoenix Builder/Test/Models. Restart Phoenix if you already have it open then look in the "Test" section.
My Phoenix doesn't let me pick the My Docs/Phoenix Builder/Test/Models after I've restarted it and selected Model/Change.

Edit: Bottom left of the model change screen shows a trashcan that is selectable and a "default" that is greyed out. I suspect the "default" is what needs to be changed, suggestions?
Last edited by RCerThailand; Oct 17, 2016 at 06:46 AM.
Oct 17, 2016, 07:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCerThailand
My Phoenix doesn't let me pick the My Docs/Phoenix Builder/Test/Models after I've restarted it and selected Model/Change.

Edit: Bottom left of the model change screen shows a trashcan that is selectable and a "default" that is greyed out. I suspect the "default" is what needs to be changed, suggestions?
You should see something like the first picture if your folder structure looks like the second picture.
The default and trashcan are used when you have multiple variants of an aircraft.

Regards, rick p
Oct 17, 2016, 07:40 AM
Quote:
You should see something like the first picture if your folder structure looks like the second picture.
The default and trashcan are used when you have multiple variants of an aircraft.

Regards, rick p
This the only screen I can see. I can't get to the folder list like your other screen through the Phoenix model selection.
Last edited by RCerThailand; Oct 17, 2016 at 08:22 AM.
Oct 17, 2016, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCerThailand
This the only screen I can see. I can't get to the folder list like your other screen through the Phoenix model selection.
Looks like your should be able to select the aircraft I see then.
The other screen was Windows Explorer.

In PhoenixRC, if you change aircraft and select the "Testing" list rather than the "Airplane" list, what do you see?
If you unzipped our downloaded models to the right place, you should see them under "Testing".

Regards, rick p

Quick Reply