Oct 14, 2016, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Drra,

With respect to a tutorial, take a look at this thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2620565

It's not that difficult from a technical perspective, but does take a bit of persistence and attention to detail.

Enjoy, rick p
Wow! Awesome job there. Maybe you should see if the devcad sowtware can help you transform plans to 3d faster and easier, they claim that, but I have no Idea if the end result can be the used in blender. Devcad has many diferent software for rc building
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2016, 03:03 PM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drra
Mmm I have it in green letters, phoenixrc add user made models too that you can download from the sim

Regarding detail I think is up to the artist to decide how much they want to add.

Every body is deferent. I personally am a very visually driven individual so I do appreciate details.

Also for me cockpit details is important in a model. I do prefer models with cockpit details, pilots, seat instrument panel.

That is one fo the reason I got so interested in the freewing CTLS model in the first place and then I researched the real airplane and got even more interested, If that model would have had just black windows or just a black decal as a windows it would have not gotten my attention at all.

Would I prefer a Durafly Thundra with Clear windows and Cockpit details instead of a back decal, Oh yeas. Maybe that is why I don't have one yet.

Then look at the Grob what do you think gets me crazy about it, just the unique lines of the design?, yes it is awesome and unique, but the epo model has a lovely cockpit with clear windows and pilots.

If I hade the skill you guys have I think I would enjoy taking some of the models rickp has made and add cockpit details rather then building the hole thing from scratch. That would be my thing.

Would I enjoy a Yak-52 with clear windows a couple of pilots and some instrument, of curse. Can I enjoy it with out it well yes, would I enjoy it more with those details of curse.

But the most important thing is the flying characteristics of the airplane, the sim is an instrument to practice flight then if you can get the extra candy eye stuff is just that an extra.

Do I love the detailed landing gear on the yak-52 yes, do I enjoy the antennas rickp added to it, yes, could I fly it with out the antennas and with just simple landing gear, yes.

At the end is all about passion and fun, so each modeler concentrate in what it gives him more pleasure.

I have seen rchobbiest take an airplane , like some cessnas 182 that have clear windows, and seat inside and just paint the plastic windows black. worst I have seen in the freewing CTLS people putting decal over the windows to me that is a huge crime but they don't care about it, they pimp their models but getting rid of the awesome windows and hiding all the cockpit detail.

So there are people that will not appreciate or care about details on a SIM models and other that will do, so is up to the modeler that gives life to the sim model to made them in a way that it gives them pleasure to them and keeps the hard work fun.

Regarding the SIM I have been enjoying making them bigger and yesterday I discovered that the size slider goes just to 200% But that is not the max the sim can goes you can made them even bigger whe you go and change the size model in the left menu in the editing window.

And then obviously details are enjoyed even more.

I actually was thinking why not to add nav light and one landing light on the models? rickp Made an awesome vapor that has leds and I enjoy it so much to see it flying with those lights, Maybe all model could have some. Y tried to fly the panthera in a night airfield yesterday and I thought about it, and the good thing is that can be enjoyed in day light too, the vapor led can be seen in day airfields very well.

In this case for example you can even see the electronics inside the airplane, do I enjoy that , Yes, but I would rather see a pilot or a sexy pilot like drewdb pilot inside and some instrument than some servos
For some reason the videos player is not loading up on the forum today
https://youtu.be/xkE8gXbDShc?t=36s
Well said Drra.
Might begin adding lights, though the landing light is an issue as I'm not sure how to turn it off when the gear are retracted.

rick p
Oct 14, 2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Well said Drra.
Might begin adding lights, though the landing light is an issue as I'm not sure how to turn it off when the gear are retracted.

rick p
Awesome

Onestly I think I would not mind that the landing light stays on at the bottom, could be a cool thing to see , and maybe in some models it would get hiden behind the gear doors.
Or maybe assigne a rarely used chanel to turn it off although if you could do that maybe it could hVe te gear channel assigned to it.
Oct 14, 2016, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drra
Onestly I think I would not mind ... .
Wow, quite a shopping list you're putting together.

Are you familiar with Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Gene K
Oct 14, 2016, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
Wow, quite a shopping list you're putting together.

Are you familiar with Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Gene K
LOL I have no Idea what you are quoting there

I know it exist I have a couple of real airplane SIM but I have not installed them yet. I am waiting for my thrustmaster hotas a head tracker and need to find some time to mess with them.
Oct 14, 2016, 09:08 PM
Drew Buckley
Good point Drra, I do like looking at the detail too.

Here's the Cessna Caravan Yess Drra it grew on me so much while building it Nice plane.

Not sure but i think this is how this type of plane would fly? Appreciate any thoughts.

I added lights and made the landing lights turn on when the flaps are down and off when up.

I'll add the water floats now and upload that version later.

Personally, I think this one looks great
Oct 14, 2016, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdb
Good point Drra, I do like looking at the detail too.

Here's the Cessna Caravan Yess Drra it grew on me so much while building it Nice plane.

Not sure but i think this is how this type of plane would fly? Appreciate any thoughts.

I added lights and made the landing lights turn on when the flaps are down and off when up.

I'll add the water floats now and upload that version later.

Personally, I think this one looks great

Wow!

Outstanding job!

I am far from being an expert on how all this airplane should feel when flying, but for me you nailed it. I definitely feels to me that I am flying a private cargo airplane, if that is the category this one is. I feel is flying with some load, but still I can do with it whatever I want, so at the moment it feels perfect to me.

The lights and all the seats inside, the yoke the instrument panel makes me feel I am flying the real thing and not an rc model.

I obviously made it bigger with the slider to 200%

Now I think the sound you choosed does not match it, the cessna caravan is a turbo prop airplane so the same YS110 sound match it better .

Probably you wanted to change it to make it more fresh, I do agree it would be nice to have even more motor sounds available. I have not tried all of them but I have tried a fair amount. I should go through all of them.

So you made this amazing cockpit so of course I went to a 3d airfield to fly it from the cockpit camera but in this model is not working, it just shows an fpv view instead of an inside view.

The Idea of turning the landing lights on and of with the flaps since it does not have retractable gears is a good Idea and it works for me. But I Would not mind if there would be linked to the gear channel since that channel still works even though there is nothing linked to it.

I see that all the lights come from their respective bulbs except the white ones that seem to come from under the wing and the bulbs looks turned off.

And lastly the under , I don't know how to call it right now, luggage carrier
could look better if the doors would be insinuated a little, same color just to add lines for the doors.

I am been very picky really but I think it would look better I add some pictures here.

I have to say that this is the second time I discover something about the airplane you have done that didn't notice with the real ones.

First time was with the stick control on the panther I thought you made a mistake so I went and searched for cockpit pictures and videos because I thought it had a yoke instead, but no I was wrong and you were right

Then today I noticed the thing on the left wing of the caravan that I presume is the radar right ? You see what details can do LOL

No I will go and enjoy this beauty

Last edited by Drra; Oct 15, 2016 at 12:02 AM.
Oct 15, 2016, 12:19 AM
Drew Buckley
Thanks for suggesting it Drra. I have a new appreciation for the Cessna. A true work horse i think.

Ah yes i forgot to add the lines for the cargo door. Will do that. The landing lights on the wing can't seem to show the white colour for the lights? May have something to do with glass over them?

Yes i had to change the pilots arms and hands for the yoke rather than the joystick

Here's a peek at the Amphibious version. Done the mesh just need to tweak and add the bits you mentioned to both before posting.

Glad you like it. Means a lot to me
Oct 15, 2016, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Thanks for suggesting it Drra. I have a new appreciation for the Cessna. A true work horse i think.

Ah yes i forgot to add the lines for the cargo door. Will do that. The landing lights on the wing can't seem to show the white colour for the lights? May have something to do with glass over them?

Yes i had to change the pilots arms and hands for the yoke rather than the joystick

Here's a peek at the Amphibious version. Done the mesh just need to tweak and add the bits you mentioned to both before posting.

Glad you like it. Means a lot to me
Awesome
So glad you made the version of floats with the wheels I was going to suggest it but I thought I was asking for to much.

No is not the clear cover of the lights, don't remove them. I think is SIM glitch some times they look ok. kind of appear to come from the place it should and sometimes they don't

I have to say that having nav lights makes them look so much nicer would it be possible to do the same with the two pantheras and the Grob?

For me it makes them look more real for some reason.

I love that when I am flying I can see through the windows from one side to the other side and see the landscape move in the other side.

I made a 5.0meter version

I took a screen shot. You Should watch the Aviation TV series I posted on the post that I added the caravan request and you will love it more. And the shows are very entraining and you can also learn some stuff.

Oct 15, 2016, 01:23 AM
Drew Buckley
Yes love the 5m option Huge. I take all my picks in 3D and that size.

Yes i'm trying to keep them as real as i can without the files being too big. Not sure what the limit is on Phoenix but haven't hit it yet

Just need to make it amphibious now then i'll post. also the first with the cargo doors
Oct 15, 2016, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Yes love the 5m option Huge. I take all my picks in 3D and that size.

Yes i'm trying to keep them as real as i can without the files being too big. Not sure what the limit is on Phoenix but haven't hit it yet

Just need to make it amphibious now then i'll post. also the first with the cargo doors
You are doing a great Job

The only problem I have now is that I would like to have a million dollars to get one

I was enjoying a night flight now and I think that maybe the thing with the white lights is that the light source need to move forward a little bit. When the model is super close to the camera, the closest you can go with out the model resetting it self the light come and appears in the airplane bulbs when you start to move away from the screen the light kind goes inside the airplane.
Last edited by Drra; Oct 15, 2016 at 01:53 AM.
Oct 15, 2016, 06:19 AM
Drew Buckley
Here's the Caravan with the floats. Interesting to see how you think it flies? Very different from the first one and really hard to tweak. Any findings i will make the changes then re post.

Takes off from land but put the gear up and land on water
Oct 15, 2016, 09:46 AM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP

B-36 Smoke Test

Not quite finished, but would someone please download this and test it for me?
On my system, PhoenixRC doesn't seem to be able to handle all ten (!) engines emitting smoke.
Just creates a big fog bank that's more or less static.
Plane flies nicely though.

Meanwhile, I'll be checking our Drew's new Cessna.

Thanks! rick p
Oct 15, 2016, 04:21 PM
Drew Buckley
Hi Rick,

Nice B-36

Here's some picks. All engines worked for me at first then it seemed that if my screen did something different like Print Screen, they stopped the smoke but went to a different part of the screen.

I tried turning 2 inside jet smoke off and lasted longer but still same. i think directx will produce different results on different pc's?

Only way to correct for me was to restart phoenix.

Nice work
Oct 15, 2016, 07:37 PM
Suspended Account
Wow, I took her for a spin. Super work! I tried to reduce smoke to 50% and it was still funky. Funny the sim can't handle this beast!

Quick Reply