Oct 12, 2016, 10:47 PM
Suspended Account
Rick,

I must be doing something wrong in builder.
1) Most of the planes I add for testing are all hand thrown, even though I change them to scale etc.
2) I cannot get them past the test phase "publish" to fly in multi or online.

What am I doing wrong?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2016, 11:17 PM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Rotary

Thought I would share this, I know its not everyones favorite.
Pretty nice, but ours will have jet engines as well.

Let me know if there's a particular size / weight and paint scheme you like.

Cheers, rick p
Oct 12, 2016, 11:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5083
Let me know if you have any issues with them. After 20+years, glitches can sometimes show up with newer software.

Fonts by other folks that I like a lot are T. Lai's AmarilloUSAF and the Blockschrift fur Flugzeuge font for Luftwaffe lettering.

I have been meaning to do the fairly standardized font used by several British aeroplane makers in the 1930s for civil registration codes, but I'm very rusty and don't even have a font editor that works with current OSs.

August
Thanks for the recommendations - I'll go search for them.

Regards, rick p
Oct 12, 2016, 11:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drra
You guys are a gold mine of sim model awesomeness
PhoenixRC should hire you

I was thinking that the Freewing CTLS model would highly benefit from a transparent windows and detailed cockpit with pilot Maybe you could collaborate together on that one and rickp make the airplane and drewdb finishes the cockpit what do you think guys?

Just tested the Yak-52 camo OMG, so beautiful and I love the way it flies and now I can properly practice landing with it.
Sounds too much like "work", while this is "play".

Glad you like the Yak - have fun with your practice!

Collaboration might be interesting, but I'd recommend that Drew run with the CTLS while I catch up on a couple of scale aircraft.

Drew??

Thanks, rick p
Oct 12, 2016, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Rick,

I must be doing something wrong in builder.
1) Most of the planes I add for testing are all hand thrown, even though I change them to scale etc.
2) I cannot get them past the test phase "publish" to fly in multi or online.

What am I doing wrong?
Hard to tell from your description.
Sounds like these are planes you've made in Builder.
Zip up a troubling builder .MODX file and attach it to a post so I can take a look.
( You need to zip the file as this forum has file type restrictions. )

For example, I've attached a zipped B-24 .MODX.
Unzip it and open with Builder so you can see how I do things.
That may help you.

Regards, rick p
Oct 13, 2016, 12:04 AM

Yak-52 a 3D Airplane?

Well I was enjoying the new Yak-52 and of course I had to also make the 200% versions
After the size slider I ended up tweaking some stuff to make it fly better at that size for my personal taste.

Weight I just rounded it up to 7.5 kilos
changed prop pitch to 0.2m
and up the rpm to 10000.0 you can get a little bit of a tale shake sometimes, nothing major. If you don't like that 9000.0 works very good too and you never get the tail shake
At that size the motor sounds need to be changed too
I like the YS110 or the electric 15 sized

then you need to change the stabilizer min trim to 0.7

And ended up discovering that it hovers pretty well it can behave like a really good 3D airplanes with this settings

I am pretty far from been a good 3D pilot but sometimes for a change I do a little practice , very basic stuff, and quite bad LOL but I really like how it behaves

What a beauty

Last edited by Drra; Oct 13, 2016 at 12:14 AM.
Oct 13, 2016, 10:49 AM
Suspended Account
I don't understand the builder, at all. I keep getting different results. I am yet to build anything, just attempt to import some models.

I seem to not understand how to take a zip file and make it work. How do I take a file and get it to work? I have tried to open, and only some show up. Like the B-24, it showed up and flew, but no scheme was on it. Justa white plane. In the last few weeks, I got the ugly stik and B-25 to load and go into testing. I just don't get this mess.
modx, geo and obj or rar files..
Oct 13, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote:
I don't understand the builder, at all. I keep getting different results. I am yet to build anything, just attempt to import some models.

I seem to not understand how to take a zip file and make it work. How do I take a file and get it to work? I have tried to open, and only some show up. Like the B-24, it showed up and flew, but no scheme was on it. Justa white plane. In the last few weeks, I got the ugly stik and B-25 to load and go into testing. I just don't get this mess.
Maybe I am understanding it wrong but you are trying to load in the sim software compressed files? I doubt it but if this is the case, you first need to decompress them, so it does not matter in which format they got compressed because to be able to load them on to de software simulator they need to be decompressed first.
Oct 13, 2016, 12:23 PM
Have you watched this
Phoenix Builder - Basic airplane tutorial (26 min 9 sec)
Oct 13, 2016, 01:56 PM
Suspended Account
I did. I will watch it again. I am saving the files to my desk top, then unzipping them to builder, projects. Some I can find others I cannot.. MTF
Oct 13, 2016, 02:20 PM
Suspended Account
So here is what I am having trouble with. I assume that all these planes are already built and ready to go? The two I have had success in testing were normal, all others are hand thrown, no controls, power and fall threw the ground?

Edit,

Hating this system. I feel like I do the same with different results. Now the superman loaded with the paint scheme.

Edit AGAIN.. Might of just nailed it.. Seems after saving and testing, you need to process it?
Last edited by Super_Rotary; Oct 13, 2016 at 02:45 PM.
Oct 13, 2016, 06:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Super,

Okay, now I think I understand.
To fly the airplanes posted here as ZIP files, you don't need Builder.
Just unzip the zipped files to your MyDocuments/PhoenixBuilder/Test/Models folder.
You typically do this by double-clicking the ZIP file and then dragging and dropping the zipped files to your Models folder.
In PhoenixRC, you should then see the airplane show up in the Testing list when you change models.
Not to worry about the crazy file names - just unzip them to the right place and you're good to go.

For example, for the Yak-52 you should see something like the attached screenshots.

Please let me know whether this works for you,

Regards, rick p

PS: just saw your post #731 - to reiterate, you do not need Builder for these planes.
Last edited by rickp; Oct 13, 2016 at 06:58 PM.
Oct 13, 2016, 06:45 PM
Suspended Account
Thank you sir,

I suppose that's why I was getting variable results. Isnt there a way to put these planes in the actual sim inventory, IE so I can play online? I know others cant see them but we can still fly em/
Oct 13, 2016, 07:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thank you sir,

I suppose that's why I was getting variable results. Isnt there a way to put these planes in the actual sim inventory, IE so I can play online? I know others cant see them but we can still fly em/
Yes, unzip them to your MyDocuments/PhoenixRC/Downloaded/Models/User-made/Airplanes folder and they should show up in the normal inventory.

I normally end up with them in my Testing inventory as I build them, and never move them.

That work? rick p
Oct 13, 2016, 08:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Yes, unzip them to your MyDocuments/PhoenixRC/Downloaded/Models/User-made/Airplanes folder and they should show up in the normal inventory.

I normally end up with them in my Testing inventory as I build them, and never move them.

That work? rick p
It did not, for me at least. All the planes are still in the test section but I cannot see them in scale electric etc. Even though the complete unzipped folder is in user made airplanes.. I somehow managed to get 3 planes from earlier today in the permanent folder as "new plane". They are the throw and not fly versions

Quick Reply