Sep 25, 2016, 07:46 PM
Drew Buckley
Thanks GunHed for that info.

With your info i managed to get it float like nature intended

Collisions for floating? That's just too obvious

Wasn't sure how to set the fuselage drag but thanks to Rick's download i can now compare and am learning heaps. Thanks Rick and yes the learning certainly does make it interesting

I was using this video to try and get the behavior from. I think this guy modded something to make it fly very slow? After the 1 minute mark.

Joysway Dragonfly (2 min 21 sec)

A bit more tweaking now that i have a comparison, i'll upload another version soon for more learning and feedback.

Great to be a part of a group with knowledgeable and caring people
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2016, 10:06 PM
Drew Buckley

Version 6

Thanks again to both Rick and GunHed for their advice, feedback and a model to compare with. Greatly appreciated guys

Here's V6. still more tweaking to do (somewhat a perfectionist i guess)

Seems to fly a bit more real i think? a lot more fun anyway

Appreciate any feedback. Cheers
Sep 28, 2016, 12:09 AM

It Just Explodes in the air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThunderbird
I was missing a speedmodel in phoenix so I decided to make my own.

It is my first model so its not perfect but I tried to make it as accurate as possible.

After all I couln't figure out how to create an other color scheme

Have fun
Jonas
Hello

I am having problems with this ones I can't launch it it just explodes into million pieces.

also I have problems with the multiplex chuck rc converter glider but I think that one is on aeroflyrc
Sep 28, 2016, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdb
Thanks again to both Rick and GunHed for their advice, feedback and a model to compare with. Greatly appreciated guys

Awesome Thanks
I am going to try it
Sep 28, 2016, 12:57 AM

Issue with Low rate feeeling on the sim

Rickp I am flying the Excalibur that looks gorgeous by the way, but I find it to be to slow to be a warmliner

I did try to edit it but I really didn't know what I was doing. I put 190% trust but didn't do a thing also tried but giving more rpm but also didn't notice any difference.. I would like to feel it like is flying on 4s

On many models, when the models loads or restart I see in the lower right corner some info and I see that I have like 25% ruder 25% aileron how can I change it to 100%?

One of the thing that I am not to fan with Phoenix is that many airplane seems to fly like in low rate, slow in speed and also the control surfaces are like limited , I feel.

I attach a screen shot of the info I see.
I have tried to find a place in the menu were I could fix this, maybe I have something set up to have the airplanes in a limited option low rate or something.

They feel to easy to fly not very challenging compared to realflight for example. In realflight I have even need to use sometimes rates I have set up on my transmitter to control some real wild models, but in phoenix they are to well behaved and many quite slow to

How can I fix this?
Thanks
Zoom in
Sep 28, 2016, 02:32 AM
Hello.

The orange numbers on your screen are expo values.
Dual rates are set in the model and switch between rates you have to set in the simulator keyboard/shortcut settings.
Also remember that most of the models in the Phoenix RC simulator have set "reality factor" ( I do not know right now which is exact name of this value ) to 50% so it is like half rates set. Most of my models have this set to 100% so take a look. May be you should try my CrackYak for example if it is what I am talking about. When you create a ne model, default value 50% is set. I usually switch it to the 100 on every model I will fly with.
To increase speed of the model you have to decrease its drag, set higher pitch to the propeller, probably decrease propeller radius and increase its max RPM-s. I think that you have to use some combination of these factors. Also smaller models flies visually faster.

Have a nice day.
Sep 28, 2016, 03:58 AM
Drew Buckley

Quadcopter

Hey,

Found Rick's Quadcopter yesterday and used what Rick did to apply to this one. Wow thanks rick.

I did the mesh based on the one i have and tried to get the feel as close to as possible. Without the ability to auto-correct by increase decrease throttle on each rotor, it's pretty close.

A bit delicate landing but keeps you on your toes. Using it in 3D infinity scape helps to get use to the controls. Definitely a joystick would be easier but that wouldn't be interesting

Be interested to see what people think. I'd like to tweak a bit more then post the entire project in the hope it helps someone like Rick's post did me

Will be under Multi Rotor named "Quad Copter V7"

Cheers and thanks all for being so helpful.
Sep 28, 2016, 08:28 AM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stambo
Ok here is my progress so far on the ZMR.
Just to be clear, this is rickp's version that I have worked on to try to get it closer to the real thing.
It does have self level if you set up a switch to toggle flybarless mode.
It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it is a start.
I am not real happy with the sound but that is probably the last thing I should obsess over.
I would also like the throttle to be a bit more responsive but I have yet to figure that out.
I have it set up quite aggressive so if it is too responsive go in to
model
edit
detailed
model
fine tuning

and drop the pitch and roll rates down until you are happy.
Once again thanks rickp for the work you are doing and for allowing me to mess with it.
Much improved over what I gave you to start with!
Not sure how to make it faster as lowering the drag values didn't do much if anything.
Hope to get back to this at some point.

Thanks for your improvements, rick p
Last edited by rickp; Sep 28, 2016 at 08:41 AM.
Sep 28, 2016, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hey,

Found Rick's Quadcopter yesterday and used what Rick did to apply to this one. Wow thanks rick.

I did the mesh based on the one i have and tried to get the feel as close to as possible. Without the ability to auto-correct by increase decrease throttle on each rotor, it's pretty close.

A bit delicate landing but keeps you on your toes. Using it in 3D infinity scape helps to get use to the controls. Definitely a joystick would be easier but that wouldn't be interesting

Be interested to see what people think. I'd like to tweak a bit more then post the entire project in the hope it helps someone like Rick's post did me

Will be under Multi Rotor named "Quad Copter V7"

Cheers and thanks all for being so helpful.
This is great Drew!
Nice to have you and Stambo here contributing to quads, as I certainly have no clue.
Any idea how to stop the drift right after liftoff?
Other than that, this is really nice.

Thanks, rick p
Sep 28, 2016, 08:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drra
Rickp I am flying the Excalibur that looks gorgeous by the way, but I find it to be to slow to be a warmliner

I did try to edit it but I really didn't know what I was doing. I put 190% trust but didn't do a thing also tried but giving more rpm but also didn't notice any difference.. I would like to feel it like is flying on 4s

On many models, when the models loads or restart I see in the lower right corner some info and I see that I have like 25% ruder 25% aileron how can I change it to 100%?

One of the thing that I am not to fan with Phoenix is that many airplane seems to fly like in low rate, slow in speed and also the control surfaces are like limited , I feel.

I attach a screen shot of the info I see.
I have tried to find a place in the menu were I could fix this, maybe I have something set up to have the airplanes in a limited option low rate or something.

They feel to easy to fly not very challenging compared to realflight for example. In realflight I have even need to use sometimes rates I have set up on my transmitter to control some real wild models, but in phoenix they are to well behaved and many quite slow to

How can I fix this?
Thanks
Zoom in
GunHed has the right idea - I increased both prop pitch and RPM and it got markedly faster.
If you'll tune it for speed like it should be, then I'll incorporate that into an update.

Thanks, rick p
Last edited by rickp; Sep 28, 2016 at 09:05 AM.
Sep 28, 2016, 08:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

Hey Drew - I can't find this one in Phoenix even though I see the files in my folders.
Where should it show up?

Thanks, rick p
Sep 28, 2016, 08:49 AM
Drew Buckley
cheers Rick and thanks for the feedback.

yes still working on that trying to mix the rudder with the aileron but doesn't seem to do anything.

i'm trying to make it so the left stick on my mode 1 is like a joy stick for nose up/down left/right and the right for the throttle only but no value seems to do anything.

still tweaking away and will post another soon.

thanks for your inspiration version.
Sep 28, 2016, 08:52 AM
Drew Buckley
Ah i forgot to change it to Amphibious so it's under airplanes/electric joysway dragonfly j-6302 v5
Sep 28, 2016, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
I'll add it to the queue, which will help both of us as I was looking at getting the UMX Radian.

Regards, rick p
Thanks very much for getting this Radian XL model up so quickly. Looking forward to trying it out when I get home.
Sep 28, 2016, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHed
Hello.

The orange numbers on your screen are expo values.
Dual rates are set in the model and switch between rates you have to set in the simulator keyboard/shortcut settings.
Also remember that most of the models in the Phoenix RC simulator have set "reality factor" ( I do not know right now which is exact name of this value ) to 50% so it is like half rates set. Most of my models have this set to 100% so take a look. May be you should try my CrackYak for example if it is what I am talking about. When you create a ne model, default value 50% is set. I usually switch it to the 100 on every model I will fly with.
To increase speed of the model you have to decrease its drag, set higher pitch to the propeller, probably decrease propeller radius and increase its max RPM-s. I think that you have to use some combination of these factors. Also smaller models flies visually faster.

Have a nice day.
Thanks
Is it possible to see a screen shot of the place were I can change the values of rates and expos? I have already looked for this before with no luck

I don't need to set up transmitter switch for it I already have gear and flaps and I don't have an extra channel for rates. I prefer to program rates and expo on my transmitter so I would like to set up everything to 100% on the sim.

Quick Reply