Jan 17, 2021, 11:27 AM
3D planes designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizofWires
This one caught my curiosity right away, when Jammez requested it. I'd love to print it someday, but for now,
we can fly it in Phoenix.

The version below is the "135%" size, about 0.9M in wingspan. Carletto73, who designed this plane, has kindly
shared it on Thingiverse, for free downloads. It's the EDF 64mm that most people seemed to be printing. Many
versions are also offered by Carletto73 himself, like a Canard, FPV Nose and a Prop pusher, with simple parts list
changes. More info can be found "HERE"

Download GASB2.zip, unzip it and install as an update, it will join your hangar in Airplanes/Electric. Ignore the
additional Info.zip file, unless you wish to forward or share this plane, it includes the "share-alike files" supporting
OpenSource contributors.
To all, please feel free to PM me if I can be of assistance with your 3D printing or CAD conversion efforts.

Happy flying,
Wiz
I like!
Thanks to work on my GASB Two.
This model has given me a lot of satisfaction. Has become one of the most printed planes in the world, Now it's great to see it in a simulator

If you want support my work please
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2021, 08:22 AM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro
Wow rickp I had no idea there were that many!

I've reinstalled Phoneix on a faster Dell 3.2ghz PC with decent built in Graphics but still want a good Graphics card.

I'm downloading the user created flying sites off the 1st page of this thread now.
Some of those sites like Bever were very taxing on my older PC graphics processor.

I liked Matyasfold Field and Fishen a lot and they seemed to work decent without freeze framing and had the green farm fields that I like especially Fishen, It must have been shot in Spring. Its almost glowing with green.
Need to try both of those fields and see how they work on my system.

Enjoy your new system! rick
Jan 18, 2021, 08:50 AM
Thread OP

Polikarpov I-16 Rata - UPDATED

Reminiscent of a Gee Bee, the "Rat" was a Soviet mid-1930's state of the art fighter - low wing, retractable gear, flaperons and fast.
Not an easy aircraft to fly, it was nevertheless successfully used in the Spanish Civil War as well as WW-II, says Wikipedia.
Flies nicely in Phoenix, where we are not constrained with real world CG issues - we put it where we need it
It's another of those models that demands to be flown with wide open throttle, so have at it.
By the way, at full throws it has 3D capability. Use low rates for a more scale experience.
And don't forget to try those flaperons.

Tour:
I 16 Rata Tour (0 min 26 sec)

Flight:
I 16 Rata Flight2 (2 min 19 sec)

Unzip and install the pkg file following these instructions, and you'll find "Polikarpov I-16 Rata" in the scale list.

Enjoy! rick
Last edited by rickp; Jan 19, 2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: fix rudder problem
Jan 18, 2021, 11:51 AM
Phoenix R C® v6 0 i MFG Klagenfurt Polikarpov I 16 Rata (2 min 46 sec)

A nice Russian WWII warbird, Excellent model.
Jan 18, 2021, 03:52 PM
Thread OP
[QUOTE=macchi202;46345831

A nice Russian WWII warbird, Excellent model.[/QUOTE]

Thank you macchi.

Nice flight, and I have to compliment you on your landing - much better than my demo flight!

Ciao, rick
Jan 19, 2021, 09:41 AM
Thread OP

Polikarpov I-16 Rata UPDATE

If you previously downloaded the I-16, please replace it with the new version in post #5358.
I inadvertently dragged the RUDDER into the STAB space in Phoenix Builder, leading to strange in-flight behavior.
Something I inexplicably missed in my test flights, but that Katana and his crazies found - thanks gang!

Cheers, rick
Jan 19, 2021, 09:43 PM

UMX A10 Warthog

I had to leave the UMX A-10 as is (no flaps, no retracts) out of veneration. The original E-flite version
was pure fun and speed. The nose and main gear woes are cancelled out with beefy settings, so go for it!
Like the original, the glide slope is fairly steep, so keep a little throttle in it (20%) until flare out. Those big
rudders and elevator are in the full wash, so you can really whip around under throttle. A bunch of back-
stick is required for flat yaw turns.

Download and unzip UMX_A10_Warthog.zip and install as an update. You will find it in Airplanes/Electric.
No DR/Expo is pre-set in the file so add some if you like. The additional folder (EDF_28x5_sound.zip) has the
.pxe and .wav files for the recording I made on my phone. It sounds pretty cool if you set Volume at 150% and
Pitch at 250% in the Left AND Right EDF/Engine settings. Installation details can be found as a readme HERE.

I'm open to adding the flaps & retracts options, if you request them. I'm not persnickety! (added retracts 1/20
separate model, see below) It rolls well on the tucked-in wheels!

Be Safe All,
Wiz
Last edited by WizofWires; Jan 20, 2021 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added -R model (retracts)
Jan 20, 2021, 02:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I had to leave the UMX A-10 as is (no flaps, no retracts) out of veneration. The original E-flite version
was pure fun and speed. The nose and main gear woes are cancelled out with beefy settings, so go for it!
Like the original, the glide slope is fairly steep, so keep a little throttle in it (20%) until flare out. Those big
rudders and elevator are in the full wash, so you can really whip around under throttle. A bunch of back-
stick is required for flat yaw turns.

Download and unzip UMX_A10_Warthog.zip and install as an update. You will find it in Airplanes/Electric.
No DR/Expo is pre-set in the file so add some if you like. The additional folder (EDF_28x5_sound.zip) has the
.pxe and .wav files for the recording I made on my phone. It sounds pretty cool if you set Volume at 150% and
Pitch at 250% in the Left AND Right EDF/Engine settings. Installation details can be found as a readme HERE.

I'm open to adding the flaps & retracts options, if you request them. I'm not persnickety!

Be Safe All,
Wiz
Nice model, Wiz! Flies most excellently, and do appreciate the tips.
Formally requesting retracts, as it will let me emulate pulling the gear off and hand launching.

Thanks! "Persnickety Rick"
Jan 20, 2021, 04:57 PM

Update UMX Warthog with retracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Nice model, Wiz! Flies most excellently, and do appreciate the tips.
Formally requesting retracts, as it will let me emulate pulling the gear off and hand launching.

Thanks! "Persnickety Rick"
OK! added on a separate model. Nothing to it.

Wiz
Jan 20, 2021, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
OK! added on a separate model. Nothing to it.

Wiz
Appreciate it, sir!

It flies nicely - I like the clean look in the air, and it does great belly landings.
And you can even do "bounce and goes".

Thanks, rick
Jan 21, 2021, 08:31 AM
Thread OP

Eflite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A

Back in post #5348 I added the recently Eflite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A to the queue.
With the expectation that it would be a quick re-paint of an existing Phoenix model.
How na´ve of me - perhaps I should have read my signature line of "better is the enemy of good enough".
You know how it is when updating something a few years old - small change here - small change there - it adds up.
Pretty soon you've invested enough time that you could have build it from scratch! But enough whining, rick.

BUT, I have to say that I'm very pleased with the result.
This is indeed a nice model - perhaps the best flying warbird we've seen so far.
That's a tribute to the Focke-Wulf design rather than anything I added. Some planes just fly right.
No bad habits in Phoenix, and a joy whether you're making low high speed passes or beating up the pattern.
You're gonna love this one!

Tour:
Focke Wulf Fw 190A Tour (0 min 29 sec)

Demo flight:
Focke Wulf Fw 190A Flight (1 min 57 sec)

Unzip and install the pkg file following these instructions, and you'll find "Eflite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A" in the scale list.

Be safe, rick
Jan 21, 2021, 11:52 AM

Kraken 580 nitro Test

Bad setup, but building

Jan 21, 2021, 04:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mGced
Bad setup, but building

That looks like it's going to be very, very nice.
And motivated me to fly a few choppers in Phoenix to get ready for yours.

Cheers, rick
Last edited by rickp; Jan 21, 2021 at 04:42 PM.
Jan 22, 2021, 08:09 AM
RealFlight Generation Skeep Stewart (2 min 53 sec)

A flight to Skeep Stewart, a very good pilot.
Jan 23, 2021, 09:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchi202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU84slEmCTA

A flight to Skeep Stewart, a very good pilot.
Nicely done! rick

Quick Reply