Oct 23, 2020, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
As far as I can determine, you cannot bind 2 Spektrum models to the same receiver. That's based on Google searches and personal experience.

I'm guessing that you're trying to use specific throttle and pitch curves and whatnot that you already have in a Specktrum heli model.
It seems to me that creating a dedicated heli control profile in Phoenix would accomplish essentially the same thing.

Naga mentioned that you don't necessarily need separate models, though nothing wrong with having them.

Cheers, rick
Dont really need 2. But i want the sound effect of idle up. But yea hit the button on the nose....only way to get the sound effect is having throtlle curves setup on the transmitter which requires a seperate model. And i wanted to keep the 8 channels. I guess i can rebind everytime.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2020, 10:16 AM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrog
Dont really need 2. But i want the sound effect of idle up. But yea hit the button on the nose....only way to get the sound effect is having throtlle curves setup on the transmitter which requires a seperate model. And i wanted to keep the 8 channels. I guess i can rebind everytime.
Another alternative is to make a second dongle and bind it to a dedicated chopper transmitter model.
So to switch from choppers to planks or vice-versa, you'd need to change transmitter models and dongles.
Is that easier than rebinding? Don't know.
Oct 23, 2020, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Another alternative is to make a second dongle and bind it to a dedicated chopper transmitter model.
So to switch from choppers to planks or vice-versa, you'd need to change transmitter models and dongles.
Is that easier than rebinding? Don't know.
Yea i was thinking maybe doing that. Got 12 usb ports on the computer lol.
Oct 23, 2020, 12:20 PM
Not trying to argue at all but I just bound the same AR636 to two different model slots on my DX9 and can swap models in the TX. When I go to choose the other model the RX disconnects then reconnects when the second comes up without issue.

I also pulled out an old 6 channel OrangeRx DSM2 I had as well as a newer 10 channel OrangeRx DSMX and both worked as well. My steps were as stated previously except where my memory was foggy as I did NOT have to go back and bind the first model a second time. I even bound three model slots to one rx just for grins.

I guess it's possible that this doesn't work with certain model RX's or brands but it does for those that I have?
Oct 23, 2020, 12:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers
Not trying to argue at all but I just bound the same AR636 to two different model slots on my DX9 and can swap models in the TX. When I go to choose the other model the RX disconnects then reconnects when the second comes up without issue.

I also pulled out an old 6 channel OrangeRx DSM2 I had as well as a newer 10 channel OrangeRx DSMX and both worked as well. My steps were as stated previously except where my memory was foggy as I did NOT have to go back and bind the first model a second time. I even bound three model slots to one rx just for grins.

I guess it's possible that this doesn't work with certain model RX's or brands but it does for those that I have?
Interesting! Appreciate you trying it and documenting your results. Perhaps it's an artifact of me only trying it on UMX receivers.
I'll try it with a stand alone Spektrum receiver and see what happens. Now need to go dig that thing out of my Tiny Trainer.
Oct 24, 2020, 02:55 PM
It sounds like you want to override Model Match. To do that, go to the 'Frame Rate' screen and choose OVERRIDE MODEL MATCH. It will allow you to setup 2 models with the same Rx. Is that what you are trying to do?
Don

There it is! I knew i seen it in the 230s thread at one time! Im not crazy! haha

Once i get everything the way i want i will post a full walkthrough, for now i got 10 full grown trees to cut down.
Oct 24, 2020, 04:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
It sounds like you want to override Model Match. To do that, go to the 'Frame Rate' screen and choose OVERRIDE MODEL MATCH. It will allow you to setup 2 models with the same Rx. Is that what you are trying to do?
Don

There it is! I knew i seen it in the 230s thread at one time! Im not crazy! haha

Once i get everything the way i want i will post a full walkthrough, for now i got 10 full grown trees to cut down.
There ya go!

Doesn't prove that you're not crazy, of course, but looks like it will solve your problem.
Oct 25, 2020, 02:49 AM

Fouga Magister Glider

PSS Glider getting more and more popular! So I thought lets get a PSS version of the Magister in the air. Something easy and relaxing!
But before you get the wrong idea, here my confession: “I didn’t get good overnight at working with blender!”
All the 3D work is Rick’s achievement! We just asked if we could borrow the Magister’s modx file.

So, here a demilitarized glider version of the Fouga Magister:

Fouga Magister PSS Glider (3 min 47 sec)

Have fun testing!
Oct 25, 2020, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana 45
PSS Glider getting more and more popular! So I thought lets get a PSS version of the Magister in the air. Something easy and relaxing!
But before you get the wrong idea, here my confession: “I didn’t get good overnight at working with blender!”
All the 3D work is Rick’s achievement! We just asked if we could borrow the Magister’s modx file.

So, here a demilitarized glider version of the Fouga Magister:

Have fun testing!
With a PSS like that, you can borrow my 3D models anytime!

Great model, nice video, and a splendid musical accompaniment.

Thanks! rick
Oct 26, 2020, 03:45 PM
Quote:
There ya go!

Doesn't prove that you're not crazy, of course, but looks like it will solve your problem.
Haha very well put!
Oct 28, 2020, 07:22 PM
My name is Naga
I haven't been getting any email updates recently for this thread for some reason and so just catching up now.

You should be able to set your Tx up for Phoenix as a fixed wing aircraft with a single aileron and flap with a normal tail and use that in Phoenix to fly both fixed wing and choppers, so you only need to use a single Rx bound to a single model on your Tx.

The trick is to piggy back the main rotor pitch for the choppers to the same channel as your throttle in the Phoenix Profile for your Tx. Then in that profile you either set Idle Up to an unused switch and channel on your Tx or to a key on your keyboard.

So with a six channel Tx/Rx you have throttle/pitch, rudder, ailerons, elevator, gear and flaps.

For an eight channel Tx/Rx you have two additional channels. I use one of those for IU and the other for a variety of things such as lights which on all the Phoenix models I made are mapped to Return Home, or display smoke and also using a knob or slider control the angle of the engine/rotors of a tilt wing.

Hope that helps.
Oct 29, 2020, 06:55 AM
Thread OP

New HRC Vulture Paint Schemes

A bit of housekeeping here - just added two new paint schemes for the vintage looking HRC Vulture.
All available schemes are shown below, with the package file downloads in the original post #5005.

Enjoy! rick
Oct 29, 2020, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagas
I haven't been getting any email updates recently for this thread for some reason and so just catching up now.

You should be able to set your Tx up for Phoenix as a fixed wing aircraft with a single aileron and flap with a normal tail and use that in Phoenix to fly both fixed wing and choppers, so you only need to use a single Rx bound to a single model on your Tx.

The trick is to piggy back the main rotor pitch for the choppers to the same channel as your throttle in the Phoenix Profile for your Tx. Then in that profile you either set Idle Up to an unused switch and channel on your Tx or to a key on your keyboard.

So with a six channel Tx/Rx you have throttle/pitch, rudder, ailerons, elevator, gear and flaps.

For an eight channel Tx/Rx you have two additional channels. I use one of those for IU and the other for a variety of things such as lights which on all the Phoenix models I made are mapped to Return Home, or display smoke and also using a knob or slider control the angle of the engine/rotors of a tilt wing.

Hope that helps.
Ive been quite busy......but i could not get plane and heli to work on same model on the TX. Cant remember why but ill troubleshoot when i get the chance.

I also could not get a single model to work in the sim itself either.

I remember..... i needed a seperate throttle curve to get the desired sound effect from normal to idle 1 and 2. Now if ya use the idle up in the sim yes but i wanted that sound effect.
Last edited by Valrog; Oct 29, 2020 at 07:51 AM.
Oct 29, 2020, 10:32 AM
My name is Naga
Quote:

Ive been quite busy......but i could not get plane and heli to work on same model on the TX. Cant remember why but ill troubleshoot when i get the chance.

I also could not get a single model to work in the sim itself either.

I remember..... i needed a seperate throttle curve to get the desired sound effect from normal to idle 1 and 2. Now if ya use the idle up in the sim yes but i wanted that sound effect.
How many channels do you have on your Tx/Rx?

If you have more than six, you could put throttle and rotor pitch on separate channels then set IU on a switch in your Tx.
Oct 29, 2020, 12:40 PM
The planes did not like the throttle curves i needed to have the desired sound effect. It was always on and i could not lessen the throttle. On planes i could not vary the throttle. And on choppers to get the sound effect i had to have flat curves setup in the TX. And if i programmed the idle up in the sim to a switch i would not get the desire sound effect.

Got 8 channels on both RX and TX
Last edited by Valrog; Oct 29, 2020 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply