Thread Tools
Sep 30, 2020, 10:05 AM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
Why the hatred against pigeons?

I think that photo is fascinating as it shows the alula (bastard wing) being deployed as the bird slows down for a landing.

I was in town today to get my meds and noticed not many pigeons around. I think with the lockdown many starved.

I did read the real rats had a massive problem during that period as again no food. Apparently many resorted to cannibalism and there were reports of them invading people's homes. Due to the rate at which they can reproduce they will bounce back fast.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2020, 11:13 AM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
G.wayne's Avatar
Thank you very much katana, that was exactly what i needed. I also realized now that i was using the 4channel skorpion and that explains the awesome behavior.
Sep 30, 2020, 12:15 PM
Registered User
Katana 45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagas
Why the hatred against pigeons?

I think that photo is fascinating as it shows the alula (bastard wing) being deployed as the bird slows down for a landing.

I was in town today to get my meds and noticed not many pigeons around. I think with the lockdown many starved.

I did read the real rats had a massive problem during that period as again no food. Apparently many resorted to cannibalism and there were reports of them invading people's homes. Due to the rate at which they can reproduce they will bounce back fast.
In general we love the whole animal world, nature in general!
But with pigeons I have a real problem! We live about 1.5 kilometers away from a pigeon breeder. He started this hobby 5 or 6 years ago and since then I have to clean our terrace and the chimney of our open fire place with a high pressure cleaner at least four or five times a year.
But the worst thing is that in the summer these birds make a mess in our pond. They come to take a bath, drink and make a lot of noise, always early in the morning or later in the evening when it starts to dawn. Then I have to fish feathers and other crap out of the pond. I could of course have Fritz take care of the problem. Now and then I can't even prevent that. Then he comes into the house and proudly presents his prey to me by putting a pigion in front of my feet.
Wild birds, no problem at all, we even have two bigger bird houses in the garden!
But these breeding pigeons are simply annoying!
Sep 30, 2020, 12:25 PM
Registered User
Katana 45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne
Thank you very much katana, that was exactly what i needed. I also realized now that i was using the 4channel skorpion and that explains the awesome behavior.
You're welcome!
Something to help you along & I found something productive to do. Win - Win!
No thumb twiddling needed Had a really quiet day at the office!
Sep 30, 2020, 02:43 PM
better is enemy of good enough
rickp's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagas
Why the hatred against pigeons?

I think that photo is fascinating as it shows the alula (bastard wing) being deployed as the bird slows down for a landing.

I was in town today to get my meds and noticed not many pigeons around. I think with the lockdown many starved.

I did read the real rats had a massive problem during that period as again no food. Apparently many resorted to cannibalism and there were reports of them invading people's homes. Due to the rate at which they can reproduce they will bounce back fast.
I overstated my case in an attempt to be humorous.
Though there was that one time in band camp . . . . . . . . never mind, rick
Last edited by rickp; Sep 30, 2020 at 03:06 PM.
Sep 30, 2020, 04:59 PM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
No problem about the pigeons, I was just curious.

And I do understand. I love cats (and dogs) but several seem to think my back garden (jungle) is their toilet. I just hate it when I go out and step in a fresh scat!

They have also pushed a nice ceramic pot off the window ledge jumping into it from the wall so the pot fell to the ground and smashed.

If I ever see them I make loud cat fighting noises and watch them shoot across the garden and madly scramble up the fence in panic. The buggers still come back and I still keep stepping in it. Yuk!
Oct 03, 2020, 06:42 PM
Registered User
Phoenix R C® v6 0 i MFG Klagenfurt Regianne Re 2005 sagittario (2 min 51 sec)

Thanks Rickp beautiful warbird
Oct 03, 2020, 06:48 PM
better is enemy of good enough
rickp's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchi202

Thanks Rickp beautiful warbird
Nice flight! Guess this means I should post the Reggiane Re.2005 for all to enjoy. Cheers, rick
Oct 03, 2020, 07:24 PM
better is enemy of good enough
rickp's Avatar
Thread OP

Reggiane Re.2005


Another nice looking Italian fighter - it's almost as if they took added a Spitfire wing to a Macchi C.202 and ended up with the Reggiane Re.2005.
Regardless of its heritage, the Re.2005 certainly is sexy looking, and it flies as well as it looks.
Added a second demo flight to show off the retracts and flaps.

Tour:
Reggiane Re 2005 Tour2 (0 min 27 sec)


Flight:
Reggiane Re 2005 Demo Flight (1 min 23 sec)


Unzip and install the pkg file and you'll find "Reggiane Re.2005" in the scale list.
Installation instructions are here.

Continue staying COVID safe please, rick
Oct 04, 2020, 01:45 AM
Registered User
J 9 - Seversky/Republic EP, Model 106 (1 min 42 sec)

The origin of the RE 2005 begins with an American aircraft built in the late 1930s, the P 35
Oct 04, 2020, 01:49 AM
Registered User
Reggiane Re.2000 Falco (Svenska Flygvapnet J 20) (3 min 23 sec)

Reggiane 2000
Oct 04, 2020, 01:54 AM
Registered User
Re.2001 - Il falco di metallo (2 min 55 sec)

Reggiane 2001 - Daimler-Benz 601 motor
Oct 04, 2020, 01:57 AM
Registered User
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bjp2IxBJKw
Reggiane RE 2002 Ariete
Oct 04, 2020, 03:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Another nice looking Italian fighter - it's almost as if they took added a Spitfire wing to a Macchi C.202 and ended up with the Reggiane Re.2005.
Regardless of its heritage, the Re.2005 certainly is sexy looking, and it flies as well as it looks.
Added a second demo flight to show off the retracts and flaps.

Tour: https://youtu.be/bddHDh-Pyns

Flight: https://youtu.be/jVD_BkYerpY

Unzip and install the pkg file and you'll find "Reggiane Re.2005" in the scale list.
Installation instructions are here.

Continue staying COVID safe please, rick
Even with my extreme passion for another specific warbird model, I have to admit this one is truly gorgeous too!
Oct 04, 2020, 06:49 AM
better is enemy of good enough
rickp's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchi202
Interesting background on these Italian fighters - thanks for sharing! rick


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools