Sep 13, 2020, 08:58 AM
Fly planes, Be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Originally shown in a G.wayne video and seconded by Herman, I present the Savage Bobber.

A true community build, and were it a movie the credits might look something like this:
- 3D artist: rick p
- 2D artist: Katana
- aviation consultant: Herman
- stunt pilot: Herman
- videographer: Kathi
- stunt driver: Kathi (pizza run)
- costumes: Mone and Mom
- IT services: Mark
- audio: Katana and Kathi

Unzip and install the pkg file and you'll find "Savage Bobber" in the scale list.
Installation instructions are here.

You're gonna love this one! rick

Tour: https://youtu.be/6S3gB3JEZ1c

Demo Flight by Herman: https://youtu.be/aFMF9vo5wPU
Iíve been enjoying the nice outdoor weather and spending most of my free time camping and flying planes, so I havenít been on the sim much lately. However, when the weather cools off and I do get back on it, this is going to be the first new plane I download and fly! It looks great
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2020, 09:16 AM

Nice!..... but we may get in trouble?

Quote:
Originally shown in a G.wayne video and seconded by Herman, I present the Savage Bobber.

A true community build, and were it a movie the credits might look something like this:
- 3D artist: rick p
- 2D artist: Katana
- aviation consultant: Herman
- stunt pilot: Herman
- videographer: Kathi
- stunt driver: Kathi (pizza run)
- costumes: Mone and Mom
- IT services: Mark
- audio: Katana and Kathi

Unzip and install the pkg file and you'll find "Savage Bobber" in the scale list.
Installation instructions are here.

You're gonna love this one! rick

Tour: https://youtu.be/6S3gB3JEZ1c

Demo Flight by Herman: https://youtu.be/aFMF9vo5wPU
Rick, everybody will get mad at us, because this beauty has no motor sound!

Do I get another credit?
Something like: - motor sound engineer: Katana

Here a accessory pack for the Bobber! It includes the Piper Cup motorsound & how to set it up.
Sep 13, 2020, 10:06 AM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana 45
Rick, everybody will get mad at us, because this beauty has no motor sound!

Do I get another credit?
Something like: - motor sound engineer: Katana

Here a accessory pack for the Bobber! It includes the Piper Cup motorsound & how to set it up.
No! "Audio" covered it - publicity hog!!

But thanks for posting the required sound files.
One could argue that your post is part of your job, but I'd never say that. Not in public anyway.

Besides, those Cub sounds may have originally come from Naga, so maybe I should add him to the credits!
What say ye, Naga - did you find those Cub sounds for us?

All in good fun guys! rick
Sep 13, 2020, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Iíve been enjoying the nice outdoor weather and spending most of my free time camping and flying planes, so I havenít been on the sim much lately. However, when the weather cools off and I do get back on it, this is going to be the first new plane I download and fly! It looks great
Even without looking at your location it's clear that you're not a west-coaster, as here we're sucking smoke.
No outside flying, and unfortunately only the evacuee's are "camping".

Didn't mean that to sound snarky, but guess I'm a little jealous.

Cheers "ooOoo", rick

PS: CURIOUS - what's the origin of your interesting RCG user name?
Sep 13, 2020, 12:11 PM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
I can't believe how fast the Savage bobber has been made! I figured it would at least be a couple months, you guys did a great job! I'll never be able to fly the real thing I'm sure it flies exactly like it would in the backcountry

Thank you
Wayne
Sep 13, 2020, 12:35 PM

Junior elect user var

Hello Folks,

Rick you were right, bit of a battle re-installing and upgrading to 5.5k but the junior now starts from ground without destruction.

My first stab at a variation for the Junior.
Changed to 500 elect motor,
12" x 5" prop.
wt reduction to 2kg.

Feels a bit better in flight, esp dead stick landings.
I like the original colour scheme, might try and match it myself.
Thanks for the feedback.
Sep 13, 2020, 07:29 PM
My name is Naga
Quote:

Besides, those Cub sounds may have originally come from Naga, so maybe I should add him to the credits!
They are certainly in the Sounds pack I uploaded to our DropBox account and were in the stash on my computer that I recently sorted out and uploaded.

However, it may well be that Katana already had them so I think the credit should be shared.

And I was admiring the sounds in the demo video and wondering what they were so thanks for clearing that question up!
Sep 13, 2020, 10:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne
I can't believe how fast the Savage bobber has been made! I figured it would at least be a couple months, you guys did a great job! I'll never be able to fly the real thing I'm sure it flies exactly like it would in the backcountry

Thank you
Wayne
You got lucky, Wayne, as the Savage Bobber really resonated with me.

We have a pretty lengthy queue, as I add pretty much anything anyone mentions or that looks interesting as I browse.
It's not a first-in, first-out deal - I go to the queue when I finish a model and pick out whatever strikes my fancy.
So if something excites me (as did the Bobber) it gets built quickly. Some models, sadly, will never get built at all.
And if you clicked on the queue link above you'd see that some models are in bold - those models are more likely to be built.

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure!
Sep 14, 2020, 07:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR200
Hello Folks,

Rick you were right, bit of a battle re-installing and upgrading to 5.5k but the junior now starts from ground without destruction.

My first stab at a variation for the Junior.
Changed to 500 elect motor,
12" x 5" prop.
wt reduction to 2kg.

Feels a bit better in flight, esp dead stick landings.
I like the original colour scheme, might try and match it myself.
Thanks for the feedback.
I like your variant better than the original - feels more vintage as mine was a bit too spirited. Thanks for posting it!

WRT colors, just paint directly over the attached png file and substitute it for the one of the same name in your C:\Users\rtpur\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Mode ls\User-made\Airplanes folder.

And let me know if you need the underside of the wings to be a different color than the tops.
Easy enough for me to re-project the 3D objects to make that possible.

Cheers, rick

ps: Was 5.5.k a typo? If so, you need to install one more update to get to 5.5.l.
Sep 14, 2020, 07:07 AM
Thread OP
Deleted duplicate post.
Sep 14, 2020, 08:44 AM
Quote:
No! "Audio" covered it - publicity hog!!

But thanks for posting the required sound files.
One could argue that your post is part of your job, but I'd never say that. Not in public anyway.

All in good fun guys! rick
Hi Naga,
Hi Rick,

first of: You two have to promise there will be no taddle-tail!

The first flight simulator I bought was easyFly 4, not bad, but not at all comparable to Phoenix.
Also this simulator had no good or even original engine sounds. With watching, trying out, tinkering and "borrowing" the engine sound of a Piper Cup, from a German TV report about the Piper company, I got my Piper Cup engine sound.
Thanks to a Sony PCM 701 I got some more original engine sounds. Exactly these wav files I put a matching pxe file on and used them in Phoenix!
The sounds I uploaded ~two weeks ago are all checked and handmade by me!
The only limitation is that none of the engines were recorded by me!
Therefore I have "borrowed" videos or pure audio files on TV, YouTube and generally on the Internet!

Change of topic:
Herman would like to propose a little competition. But he does not know how and if he should ask at all.
He is fresh in love!
He has fallen in love with two beauties: Bobber and Heinkel He-112
Savage Bobber because she looks so cool!
He-112 because of the great Swiss design and he found his personal "perfect" CoG!
Kathi says: "He spent at least 2.5 hours this morning screwing around with these two beauties!

But now for Herman's challenge: Who flies the two models the slowest?

Anybody interested?
Sep 14, 2020, 09:31 AM
Hello Rick,
Just checked its at 5.5k. will do the upgrade to 5.5l just now.
I have played with the colours a little, as much for the experience if anything else.
Thanks again.
Sep 14, 2020, 06:47 PM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
its exactly what i needed to know, now i know what i have to do to get you to build my variable pitch propeller plane. I have to figure out how to get you excited about it! I did check the list a couple of days ago before the unveiling and saw the bobber in bold. I was hoping it wasn't a mistake and what do you know Christmas came early. Now i will wait too see if lighting will strike twice

I would take a precision aerobatics addiction with a helicopter front end assembly and prop with an idle up switch

For not knowing how to put brakes on planes there are quite a few "user-made" planes with brakes on them.

On a more serious note, i dont mean to be stepping on anyones toes, im just clarifying. What i read a few post back that you guys would be open to checking out model edits that i have edited in my opinion for the better. And if you find anything you like you can up date the models on the list and ignore the rest. I figure you guys spend so much time building them that it must be tedious to get everything exactly perfect. I have looked through the tutorial on building planes in phxRc and it was an eye opening experience to say the least.

I would like to play who flys the lowest and slowest!

We should lay some ground rules first.
Sep 14, 2020, 07:43 PM
My name is Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne

I would take a precision aerobatics addiction with a helicopter front end assembly and prop with an idle up switch
Rick and I have been discussing this and I have tried a few experiments.

So far I am afraid you are out of luck.

Even though a copter rotor in Builder apparently has the option of changing the angle, like many of those options it doesn't actually make any difference. I tried to get one horizontal which as you suggest would have neatly resolved the problem, but no go, it only provides vertical lift so is not the answer to the problem.

It is a bit like making rockets in Builder, VTOL is not something the developers anticipated. The closest I have got to that is a copter where the model then goes horizontal using the Gear function. To illustrate the point, check out the Star Wars Slave1 model I made some time ago.

So for now, your request is on hold and I wouldn't expect much in the near future. We have to work within the limits of Builder and are already stretching those limits but I can only go so far.
Sep 14, 2020, 11:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR200
Hello Rick,
Just checked its at 5.5k. will do the upgrade to 5.5l just now.
I have played with the colours a little, as much for the experience if anything else.
Thanks again.
Careful - it's addicting!

We'll have you building new Phoenix models before it's over.

Quick Reply