Thread Tools
Sep 18, 2019, 11:34 AM
Registered User
Fatgadget's Avatar

Dh-89


It's to measure the speed I think. Headwind minus this and that, they were quick thinkers before computers arrived. This is a 1930s designed airplane, it's not to recharge the battery in the single bulb inside the aircraft...

The Rapide was built from wood and cheap fabrics, it easily caught fire! Watch below. Uffda.

Fire Breathing Dragon (1 min 4 sec)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Sep 19, 2019 at 06:14 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 02:00 PM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget

The Rapide was was built from wood and cheap fabrics, it easily caught fire! Watch below. Uffda.
Woh! That bird was burning fast.

Good job it didn't light up in mid air, the wind would have fanned the flames and no one around with a handy fire extinguisher!
Sep 19, 2019, 03:11 AM
ultra cheap pilot
ican3d's Avatar


Now available for Phoenix R/C: Macross Frontier - VF-25F Messiah fighter
Hey guys! I'm back. After weeks of building and test flight now the iconic Macross genre valkyrie fighter is available for download. You can download via attachment below which contain 2x types of wingspan size or via my website which contain further more instructions.

Download page link: https://www.supermotoxl.com/projects...simulator.html

Gallery in action: https://www.supermotoxl.com/resource...hoenix-rc.html


Video:
Macross Frontier VF-25 F Messiah for Phoenix RC simulator (23 min 12 sec)


*Make sure to read the installation manual for those new into Phoenix sim: https://www.supermotoxl.com/resource...hoenix-rc.html
Sep 19, 2019, 10:20 AM
Registered User
rickp's Avatar
Thread OP

Great Video!


Have not yet downloaded and flown your model, but will.

Meanwhile, what a great video!
Loved that you showed the build process from soup to nuts, and then flew the model at several sites.

Well done! rick
Sep 19, 2019, 10:24 AM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d


Now available for Phoenix R/C: Macross Frontier - VF-25F Messiah fighter
Hey guys! I'm back. After weeks of building and test flight now the iconic Macross genre valkyrie fighter is available for download. You can download via attachment below which contain 2x types of wingspan size or via my website which contain further more instructions.

Download page link: https://www.supermotoxl.com/projects...simulator.html

Gallery in action: https://www.supermotoxl.com/resource...hoenix-rc.html


Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJashkXPrVo

*Make sure to read the installation manual for those new into Phoenix sim: https://www.supermotoxl.com/resource...hoenix-rc.html
Another awesome model from ya, Got Dayam the detail and i can't even imagine the amount of work ... from all of you! KEEP PHOENIX ALIVE!
Sep 19, 2019, 01:10 PM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau

Another awesome model from ya, Got Dayam the detail and i can't even imagine the amount of work ... from all of you! KEEP PHOENIX ALIVE!
Phoenix is alive and kicking!

Huge amount of talent on this thread.
Sep 19, 2019, 05:36 PM
ultra cheap pilot
ican3d's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Have not yet downloaded and flown your model, but will.

Meanwhile, what a great video!
Loved that you showed the build process from soup to nuts, and then flew the model at several sites.

Well done! rick
Thanks guys and especially you rick for all your plane build inspiration, i am big fan of model kits and childhood/fictional animation air fighter but having something that can fly and share others 'virtually' than buying static plastic model kits keeps the community alive. Oh btw i never had cash for plastic models....for big scale R/c plane yes!,lol.

**Btw manage to lure those non-RC weebs at plastic modeler Macross community to join RC... the conversion to R/C pilot went well. *evil*
Last edited by ican3d; Sep 19, 2019 at 05:51 PM.
Sep 21, 2019, 08:27 AM
Registered User
rickp's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Thanks guys and especially you rick for all your plane build inspiration, i am big fan of model kits and childhood/fictional animation air fighter but having something that can fly and share others 'virtually' than buying static plastic model kits keeps the community alive. Oh btw i never had cash for plastic models....for big scale R/c plane yes!,lol.

**Btw manage to lure those non-RC weebs at plastic modeler Macross community to join RC... the conversion to R/C pilot went well. *evil*
And thank YOU, ican3d, for your amazing models.

Finally got this one downloaded, and it flies superbly. Well done!

Though we didn't have much cash growing up either, I did get to build a few plastic models.
And then there was the day I found a $10 bill on the drugstore floor.
Blew it all on models - money well spent.

Cheers, rick
Sep 21, 2019, 09:05 AM
Registered User
Fatgadget's Avatar
It's a Japanese fantasy plane, ok. Could it have flown in real life or must you compromise when making models? You're damned good David... (And thanks for the superb Mustang and Zephyr models, he's a real pro, check his homesite, stunning).
Last edited by Fatgadget; Sep 24, 2019 at 10:01 AM.
Sep 22, 2019, 06:50 PM
Don't hate bro
Not really a request but I'm asking because I'm curious, can any plane have the settings modified to make it 3D capable? It would be so funny to see a passenger jet doing 3D maneuvers
Sep 22, 2019, 07:06 PM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo

Not really a request but I'm asking because I'm curious, can any plane have the settings modified to make it 3D capable? It would be so funny to see a passenger jet doing 3D maneuvers
Sure!

Just edit the model in Phoenix and increase the throws for the Elevator, Aileron and Rudder.

Some of the models will become a lot more manouverable other only a bit It depends on how large the control surfaces are and how much extra throw is available.

You may be able to increase engine power too, but sometimes too much make them "explode" or go nuts.

Pick a model and start experimenting! Let us know how you get on please.
Sep 23, 2019, 01:07 AM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagas
Sure!

Just edit the model in Phoenix and increase the throws for the Elevator, Aileron and Rudder.

Some of the models will become a lot more manouverable other only a bit It depends on how large the control surfaces are and how much extra throw is available.

You may be able to increase engine power too, but sometimes too much make them "explode" or go nuts.

Pick a model and start experimenting! Let us know how you get on please.
Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime. I used a jet engine sound on the Beast once but that's been the extent of my tinkering.
Sep 24, 2019, 09:42 PM
ultra cheap pilot
ican3d's Avatar






Next project: Macross Plus YF-19 Excalibur
Thanks for the compliment guys, since i have huge gassy haze engulf our east region of asia i have to confined myself closed at home and at home with broken air purifier. So now the best thing i can do right now to build another one of the 90's fighter from Macross Plus series the YF-19 Exalibur to keep me busy for while since we can't do much outdoor. Just completed build in 3 days now doing some test flight. But more likely will release by weekends. Right now i have to take a rest on bed with flu since every hit hard by haze. Here some snaphots of YF-19 in action and also below links to development dump gallery:

Build gallery for YF-19: https://www.supermotoxl.com/resource...hoenix-rc.html
Sep 25, 2019, 09:18 AM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Next project: Macross Plus YF-19 Excalibur
Thanks for the compliment guys, since i have huge gassy haze engulf our east region of asia i have to confined myself closed at home and at home with broken air purifier. So now the best thing i can do right now to build another one of the 90's fighter from Macross Plus series the YF-19 Exalibur to keep me busy for while since we can't do much outdoor. Just completed build in 3 days now doing some test flight. But more likely will release by weekends. Right now i have to take a rest on bed with flu since every hit hard by haze. Here some snaphots of YF-19 in action and also below links to development dump gallery:
"Luck is one of my skills" -Isamu Alva Dyson

This has been my quote since Macross Plus came out in the 90's
Sep 25, 2019, 09:33 AM
Registered User
rickp's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
"Luck is one of my skills" -Isamu Alva Dyson

This has been my quote since Macross Plus came out in the 90's
Ah ha - wondered about that.

I'd never heard of Macross until ican3d started posting his creations.
Clearly I've been hanging with the wrong crowd!

Thanks for expanding my horizons, rick


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools