Jul 24, 2019, 07:16 AM
Rick,

OK...I'm cured! Your Avanti S blew my mind and restored my sanity! (...well...as much as it will ever be restored!)

It really is a cool aircraft...quick, responsive, and fun to fly. Thanks!

Tom
Last edited by shepflyr; Jul 24, 2019 at 09:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2019, 07:19 AM
And here's another one you might wanna work on.

Just announced
: Airbus "Bird of Prey" Concept Aircraft!

This link contains a 1 min. video.
https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle...plane-1.888469

Pretty interesting, huh?

Tm
Jul 24, 2019, 07:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr
And here's another one you might wanna work on.

Just announced
: Airbus "Bird of Prey" Concept Aircraft!

This link contains a 1 min. video.
https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle...plane-1.888469

Pretty interesting, huh?

Tm
WAIT A MINUTE!

Everyone knows that the "Bird of Prey" is a Romulan war bird, so what's up with Airbus - don't they watch TV?
And I suppose that the Airbus version will have a cloaking device as well?
Are you sure this wasn't an April Fool's joke?

Interesting concept though. rick
Jul 25, 2019, 10:13 AM
What About a Klingons one?
Jul 25, 2019, 03:25 PM
Rick...Absolutely!!

Although I did see one review of the Airbus prototype that trashed it saying with the fuse shape and tail, it looked far more like a fish than a bird...and while it might swim well, they doubted it would fly.

Nagas...didn't you give us the Star Wars aircraft? Maybe you'd wanna work on the Romulan and Klingon birds.

Tom
Jul 25, 2019, 05:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHed
What About a Klingons one?
All those "Birds of Prey" are pretty sweet, rick
Jul 26, 2019, 03:30 PM
My name is Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr

Nagas...didn't you give us the Star Wars aircraft? Maybe you'd wanna work on the Romulan and Klingon birds.

Tom

Let's see what we can do. It does appeal to me, of course!

I do have an Enterprise in the works but it needs a lot more work and repair and has got bogged down. She is a beauty though.

Two unusual fixed wing aircraft about to get published and currently working on a "propa choppa" right now.
Jul 26, 2019, 06:11 PM
Sweet! "To go where no one...or RC aircraft...has gone before"? ...

Tm
Jul 26, 2019, 06:18 PM
My name is Naga
I could get a cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey posted in a couple of minutes; the problem is it would be invisible lol!

Perhaps I should have another look at the Enterprise when I finished the one I am currently working on.
Jul 28, 2019, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagas
I could get a cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey posted in a couple of minutes; the problem is it would be invisible lol!

Perhaps I should have another look at the Enterprise when I finished the one I am currently working on.
LL! Sweet!
Please set the cloaking device so I can put it on one of my DX9's sliders...that way she can gradually fade in and out like the real Klingon Bird!

Tom
Jul 29, 2019, 09:21 AM
My name is Naga

Tranquility base; the Eagle has landed.

"One giant leap for mankind".

July 16th 1969, I was just approaching 15 years old. A group of young lads from school went around to a friend's house who was only one with a colour TV to watch the launch of the mighty Saturn V.

I begged my father to be allowed to watch the moon landing live on our TV on July 20th. The program was scheduled for 03:00 in the morning in the UK and needing to get up for work a few hours later he refused, telling me I could watch it on the news later that day. I was obsessed with the moon race and never forgave him for denying me the chance to watch it live, even ribbing him about it to this day!

Here in commemoration of that historic event 50 years ago is the Eagle.

Landing gear is retractable, radio dishes and antenna respond to the controls.

Orientation during flight is a little tricky. The front of the spacecraft is marked by the ladder on the LG and the forward facing dish on the top.

You should find her under "Others - Scale - Grumman Lunar Landing Module".

Derived from a SketchUp model by Fort Opus.
Last edited by nagas; Jul 29, 2019 at 11:45 AM.
Jul 29, 2019, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagas
"One giant leap for mankind".

July 16th 1969, I was just approaching 15 years old. A group of young lads from school went around to a friend's house who was only one with a colour TV to watch the launch of the mighty Saturn V.

I begged my father to be allowed to watch the moon landing live on our TV on July 20th. The program was scheduled for 03:00 in the morning in the UK and needing to get up for work a few hours later he refused, telling me I could watch it on the news later that day. I was obsessed with the moon race and never forgave him for denying me the chance to watch it live, even ribbing him about it to this day!

Here in commemoration of that historic event 50 years ago is the Eagle.

Landing gear is retractable, radio dishes and antenna respond to the controls.

Orientation during flight is a little tricky. The front of the spacecraft is marked by the ladder on the LG and the forward facing dish on the top.

You should find her under "Others - Scale - Grumman Lunar Landing Module".

Derived from a SketchUp model by Fort Opus.
Flies nicely and looks pretty real at the Desert Mesa site.

You do know, of course, that the whole moon landing thing was done on a Hollywood back lot, right?

Hmmm - if you'd made yours black and white it would be indistinguishable from the 1969 televised event.
So who is this "Fort Opus" person anyway - a really old NASA consultant???

Great model - thanks, rick
Jul 30, 2019, 08:13 AM
Can anyone make a ASW28 2.54m model (just as Volantex one)?
Jul 30, 2019, 08:17 AM
Thread OP

PilotRC Laser

Here's an interesting giant scale 3D model requested by Rory.
Beautiful paint scheme that shows off well in the air and helps with orientation.
A tad difficult for me to hover with my standard 25% expo - a reflection of my skill rather than the aircraft.
But much easier once the expo was increased to 40% as recommended in their build manual. RTFM Rick!

360 deg Builder tour:
PilotRC Laser in Builder2 (0 min 21 sec)

Sloppy flight demo:
PilotRC Laser in PhoenixRC2 (1 min 2 sec)

Unzip and install the attached pkg file and you'll find "PilotRC Laser" in the performance list.
Installation instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj2o7vx9b0...0File.pdf?dl=0

Cheers, rick
Jul 30, 2019, 08:26 AM
My name is Naga
Your textures are works of art Rick!

Borders around each colour block, object outlines, smooth curves.

They must take you ages!

Quick Reply