Dec 10, 2015, 11:38 AM
better is enemy of good enough
Thread OP

Neptune Update

Re-tuned for PhoenixRC v5.5.h and seems to fly reasonably well for me.
Wanted to get this one done as know Denny was disappointed that the original Neptune didn't work in v5.5.

For best results, launch with nose above horizon and with back stick pressure.
Also requires slight aft stick when flying.
Couldn't trim that out reliably by changing the CG, so left well enough alone.

Enjoy, rick p

PS: You may install these models in either the Phoenix Test or Normal Menus.
To install them in Phoenix Test Menus, unzip the non-PKG files to your PhoenixBuilder\Test\Models directory.
To install them in Normal Phoenix Menus, unzip and install the PKG files as Phoenix updates.
Update instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj2o7vx9b0...0File.pdf?dl=0

Simulator 2015 12 10 07 41 03 14 (0 min 52 sec)
Last edited by rickp; Aug 16, 2019 at 06:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2015, 11:41 AM
Very nice Rick!
Dec 10, 2015, 05:18 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Bob! rick p
Dec 11, 2015, 05:14 AM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp View Post
Robkit,

Can you be more specific?
I'm not familiar with those aircraft and Google give ambiguous results.

Thanks, rick p
Polaris comes in different versions but the original is "Northstar" from early 1980, Polaris Ultra is the ARF and Polaris/ Polaris XL is scratch builds, The Northstar is a glow Aircraft and Polaris is Electric, there is threads here..

Polaris Ultra

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=polaris+ultra

I hope there is a file somewhere because in RF there is Polaris and Northstar, maybe it is convertable for Phoenix ??

//Rob
Dec 13, 2015, 01:26 PM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkit View Post
Polaris comes in different versions but the original is "Northstar" from early 1980, Polaris Ultra is the ARF and Polaris/ Polaris XL is scratch builds, The Northstar is a glow Aircraft and Polaris is Electric, there is threads here..

Polaris Ultra

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=polaris+ultra

I hope there is a file somewhere because in RF there is Polaris and Northstar, maybe it is convertable for Phoenix ??

//Rob
Some pics of Po÷aris & Polaris Ultra
Dec 13, 2015, 04:49 PM
Thread OP
Thanks robkit - looks like a reasonable project, so I'll get started pretty soon.

Cheers, rick p
Dec 13, 2015, 05:09 PM
Thread OP

Beechcraft T-34 Mentor

I'd always been more of a T-28 fan, but after flying this model a bit I have to admit that the T-34 is pretty sweet.

Shown in Navy, Marines and USAF schemes.

Enjoy, rick p

PS: You may install these models in either the Phoenix Test or Normal Menus.
To install them in Phoenix Test Menus, unzip the non-PKG files to your PhoenixBuilder\Test\Models directory.
To install them in Normal Phoenix Menus, unzip and install the PKG files as Phoenix updates.

Simulator 2015 12 13 13 35 40 49 (1 min 19 sec)
Last edited by rickp; Aug 16, 2019 at 06:39 AM.
Dec 13, 2015, 09:05 PM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp
Thanks robkit - looks like a reasonable project, so I'll get started pretty soon.

Cheers, rick p
Wow that sounds great !! Maybe you can use the userdefined avalable for RF ? attacing the one I know works fairly ok... //Rob
Dec 14, 2015, 11:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkit View Post
Wow that sounds great !! Maybe you can use the userdefined avalable for RF ? attacing the one I know works fairly ok... //Rob
Thanks robkit - don't think any of that is applicable, but is that how you want it painted?
I was thinking the USCG paint myself, but it's easy enough to change, so just let me know.

Regards, rick p
Dec 14, 2015, 05:24 PM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Thanks robkit - don't think any of that is applicable, but is that how you want it painted?
I was thinking the USCG paint myself, but it's easy enough to change, so just let me know.

Regards, rick p
Rick, thanks for asking, I agree the USCG theme is nice..
By the way, I am new at Phoenix 5.5 and wounder how to import a file = cant find any obious way in the menues /Rob
Dec 14, 2015, 06:54 PM
Thread OP

Polaris Ultra Seaplane

Robkit,

Fly this please and let me know how it compares to the real thing.

You may install these models in either the Phoenix Test or Normal Menus.

Thanks, rick p

PS: noticed that you live in Sweden, so added a Swedish Coast Guard version
Last edited by rickp; Aug 16, 2019 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Add Swedish Coast Guard version
Dec 15, 2015, 06:20 AM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Robkit,

To import, unzip the attached "Polaris v17.zip" file to your MyDocuments/PhoenixBuilder/Test/Models folder.
In PhoenixRC, change models to Testing.Airplanes.Amphibious and you should find a model named "Polaris v1.7".

Thanks, rick p
Fantastic !!! Thank you !!
Can┤t wait to test it after work tonight... This is soo fun ...!!!!

//Rob
Dec 15, 2015, 02:47 PM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Robkit,

To import, unzip the attached "Polaris v17.zip" file to your MyDocuments/PhoenixBuilder/Test/Models folder.
In PhoenixRC, change models to Testing.Airplanes.Amphibious and you should find a model named "Polaris v1.7".

Thanks, rick p

Rickp, my epectations are defenitly exceeded, the Swedis theme is amazing, I have tested the flight characteristis now and with my limited 6 flights from the "real" model I am happy to notice some similar behaviours but I need to test more in order to give some useful feednack.. Thank you soo much, fantastic design. //Rob
Dec 15, 2015, 03:41 PM

CrackYak Lite

Hello.

So finaly my Crack Yak Lite flies as I expected, so I can post it in this thread as first final :-). Feel free to create and post variants, so as new color schemes.
Dec 18, 2015, 03:06 PM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Robkit,

Thanks, rick p

Rick

I have tested and it is to some extent difficult for me to judge if it is the plane or the sim settings that needs to be adjusted, but nevertheless, here is my impression.

When banking it drops the nose dramatically and rudder is not enough to keep it up, at level it floats for ever, slow flight is very difficult to handle, I have been playing with power settings, engines, weight and sim speed but again I am not shure if I am doing it right, apart from the above the apperance is great and i can recognize some flight characteristics from my Polaris Ultra. //Rob

Quick Reply