Nov 04, 2015, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK
Xviper, I hope yours is a direct shipment. Notice the U.S. Shipments mention a " container," hope it's not one of the several weeks in transit container ships' containers. I will feel much better as soon as anyone anywhere gets theirs!
Keith, I will keep everyone in this thread informed the moment anything happens, as it happens. I am still quite wary of this whole situation. That's what happens when "Cry wolf!" occurs so many times. Nevertheless, I shall remain cautiously optimistic. In 2 weeks, if nothing shows up at my doorstep, I will initiate action with VISA. That and any other actions can always be cancelled with just a phone call.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2015, 12:50 AM
September 14th:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Although I have 540 days, due to the lack of contact and response from this company, I will not wait beyond the end of this month. I'll let VISA deal with PaulG Corp after that.
October 30th:
Quote:
Mid next week is the final deadline I'm giving him. Then, I'll go to VISA to file a dispute.
November 4th:
Quote:
In 2 weeks, if nothing shows up at my doorstep, I will initiate action with VISA.
I might have missed some similar comment, but you got the idea

As for the containers, they sometimes get lost somehow.
Nov 05, 2015, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryLV
September 14th:

October 30th:

November 4th:

I might have missed some similar comment, but you got the idea

As for the containers, they sometimes get lost somehow.
I believe one of the other posters was correct when he said that the author of this thread keeps on top of what goes on here. After every one of my deadlines, he posted up an "update" on his Kickstarter page, buying him another extension (or should I say, "reprieve").
Now that he's stated shipping has begun (with no tracking numbers), there's no excuse for these things to not show up at somebody's house. Of course, there's always ........................... "The plane was shot down by ISIS and everything was lost." No matter, VISA puts a 2 week hold on any dispute. That gives a total of 1 month for the product to appear.

PS. I have hundreds of purchases (and shipments) from Hong Kong and China. None have ever gotten lost.
Nov 05, 2015, 05:29 AM
Quote:
PS. I have hundreds of purchases (and shipments) from Hong Kong and China. None have ever gotten lost.
I also have had lots of purchases from HK and some from USA, with no problems so far (except few deliveries that took longer than usually). Though, when I wanted to buy a pack of Softbums diapers for my kid, the shop that sells them in my country said that the container from USA got lost and they didn't know when (and if) it will arrive. That excuse seemed to be legit, they had no reason to lie to me, they could just tell me "sorry, out of stock".
Nov 06, 2015, 01:10 AM
Just so you know...this guy also has a history of providing purposely incorrect tracking numbers.
Nov 06, 2015, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palidor42
Just so you know...this guy also has a history of providing purposely incorrect tracking numbers.
Just swell. At this point no tracking numbers have been provided. Quite frankly, I just don't care anymore. I've got it on my calendar to call VISA on a set date to file a dispute and launch an investigation. If the shipment comes, I'll cancel the dispute.
Thanks for the heads up.
Nov 19, 2015, 07:32 PM
in flight
Pterosaurio ornithopter epp in flight (1 min 52 sec)
Nov 19, 2015, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe Garcia
Felipe,
This is very important for all of us who are waiting for these models from PaulG Toys (Kickstarter product).
Which product is this???? Is this the "reward" from the Kickstarter project started last May?
Or is this the model from HobbyKing? If this is the HobbyKing product, this needs to be clearly stated and this video should go into the HobbyKing Pterodactyl thread here so that we don't get the wrong impression that PaulG Toys has actually delivered this product to someone ........................................
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2512186
or here ...........................
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2512954
Nov 20, 2015, 07:12 AM
sorry, yes it from hobbyking
Nov 20, 2015, 11:21 AM
Thanks, Felipe.
OK, so NOBODY has received their PaulG Pterosaur, not even those who had it (supposedly) sent by mail. Today's the last day I'm waiting. That's it. TIME'S UP! I've received 3 shipments from Hong Kong last week, one of them a plane, since the announcement was made about this thing being shipped.
Nov 23, 2015, 02:15 PM
Just filed a dispute with VISA .................... "Non delivery of merchandise". I had to send another email to PaulG Toys to ask for my money back or my product. This dispute becomes a legal issue with VISA International. In 1.5 to 2 weeks VISA will credit my account. The defendant (Kickstarter and PaulG Toys) has up to 8 weeks to offer a defense. In such cases, the only defense is to provide documentation of my signature accepting delivery of said merchandise, at which time, my credit will be revoked. Failure to provide the proper documentation in defense results in VISA's legal dept. doing whatever it takes to secure the funds back from the seller. After said time frame, it no longer has anything to do with me. If, before this dispute is closed, the merchandise arrives, I can cancel the dispute or the dispute will automatically be cancelled when the seller provides the documentation of my receipt signature.
I suggest those international customers do same and those in the USA waiting for the boat to arrive, do the same thing given a reasonable amount of time for delivery. Surface shipping from Hong Kong should be within a month, then delivery within the USA by mail, another week. After that, it will be fairly certain that all this is a scam and history has repeated itself.
Nov 24, 2015, 10:30 AM
What Canary?
Unfortunately American Express says they don't investigate charges over 60 days old....
Nov 24, 2015, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK
Unfortunately American Express says they don't investigate charges over 60 days old....
Bummer! Let's keep fingers crossed that this guy has some conscience and makes things right. (I'm almost thinking that good 'ol Jeff purposely used Kickstarter because of the long progression of steps, hoping that many who bought into this has only 60 days to file a complaint.) As I've said before, this is NOT a "project". It was a "PRE-ORDER", plain and simple.
Nov 28, 2015, 11:36 AM
My CC company has just given me full credit for the 2 Pterosaurs that I paid for through Kickstarter (PaulG Toys). They have about 6 weeks to come up with a defense, the only one that VISA International will accept will be in the form of documentation showing my signature indicating that I have received the products. Failing this, I will have no more to do with this fiasco and VISA's legal dept. will deal with them.
Nov 30, 2015, 07:12 PM
What Canary?
Just in from Kickstarter:

Just a quick update that the container is set to arrive next Monday - after customs clearance we will get the birds shipped. Thanks.

Quick Reply