Apr 16, 2015, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
The sound is in the body of the flyer so it can be heard at the full distance. We will be offering replacement parts on an ongoing basis. It is not a full on glider but in the kickstarter campaign you can see a video of a first time flyer that does show some gliding capability.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2015, 10:14 AM
I'm unfamiliar with how this "Kickstarter" program works. May 2 is approaching quickly and you're still about $7000.00 shy of your target. What happens if you don't make it to your target of $30,000.00? Will your backers still get their "product"? If not, do all the funds secured to that point simply "evaporate"?
Apr 16, 2015, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
I'm unfamiliar with how this "Kickstarter" program works. May 2 is approaching quickly and you're still about $7000.00 shy of your target. What happens if you don't make it to your target of $30,000.00? Will your backers still get their "product"? If not, do all the funds secured to that point simply "evaporate"?
they dont get any funds whatsoever if they dont make their goal and this product will never see ddaylight unless they find a different funding company.
Apr 16, 2015, 03:16 PM
So, the backers' money will never be returned?
Apr 19, 2015, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
So, the backers' money will never be returned?
the money you back to the project will only be given to them if they company gets their funds.
If they dont reach their set goal- your credit card wont be charged and they wont get any money.
Apr 19, 2015, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx
the money you back to the project will only be given to them if they company gets their funds.
If they dont reach their set goal- your credit card wont be charged and they wont get any money.
Interesting. They don't seem to be making much headway lately. Still almost $7K to go. Will be watching how the money comes in over the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't mind 2 of them.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:17 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
a copy one?????
Sam
侏羅紀 翼龍 撲翼遙控翼龍 @前海灣 20150414 (1 min 49 sec)
Apr 20, 2015, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwei1950
a copy one?????
Sam
https://youtu.be/EkLOga9WudA
Or the "original". For all we know, the manufacturer of this one is the same as where "PaulGCorp" is buying it from. If that is the case, I'm not sure why there is a need for a start up fund. Just buy it from the maker and sell it as a distributor.
Look at the 2 models. They are virtually identical. It looks like they are one in the same.
Can you translate what it says in the Youtube video. Does it say anything about the manufacturer or where it can be purchased? It's obviously already for sale somewhere.

I've translated it and it says nothing about where this thing is made or who sells it. It only gives descriptions of the model.
Last edited by xviper; Apr 20, 2015 at 12:35 AM.
Apr 20, 2015, 06:12 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
it's already available in China as mentioned by local pilot who purchased one for the vid .
3 axis gyro stablizer on board.
street price near 300 USD$.
no other info available so far.
Sam
Last edited by samwei1950; Apr 20, 2015 at 06:36 AM.
Apr 20, 2015, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the info. Sooner or later, some Hong Kong seller will have it on their website. It's easier and cheaper to ship from there to Canada than it is from the US.
Given the information provided in this thread, I may still "back" the kickstarter program for 2 before the May 2 deadline and see what happens.
Apr 20, 2015, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
That video is actually of our engineer Anthony doing a test flight on our enhanced control system we're working on. With this version you don't need to throw launch, it can just fly right out of your hand. As to the lull that is typical in the middle of many kickstarter campaigns. We're doing kickstarter as a launch platform for feedback (which has been great like the "natural" version) and to offer discounted pricing off of the USA retail price of $399. @xviper - if you'd prefer to have them sent from HK our office is in TST and we can accomodate you but I don't think it will be less expensive as the box is 78x28x31cm!
Apr 20, 2015, 01:50 PM
Looks like a really fun ornithopter you have yourself there. Im glad to see another ornithopter design added to the list..theres just not enough of them you know.
Apr 20, 2015, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgcorp
That video is actually of our engineer Anthony doing a test flight on our enhanced control system we're working on. With this version you don't need to throw launch, it can just fly right out of your hand. As to the lull that is typical in the middle of many kickstarter campaigns. We're doing kickstarter as a launch platform for feedback (which has been great like the "natural" version) and to offer discounted pricing off of the USA retail price of $399. @xviper - if you'd prefer to have them sent from HK our office is in TST and we can accomodate you but I don't think it will be less expensive as the box is 78x28x31cm!
Thanks for the info. I'm just not used to a "kickstarter" program for this sort of thing. It just sounds like any other "pre-order" so you can decide how many to buy on the first batch.
As for shipping, that box is pretty small compared to some of the large 1700mm wingspan planes that I've bought. It should be able to be sent by USPS. The big problem with US suppliers is that some will only use UPS or FedEx. This incurs hefty brokerage fees, disbursement fees, misc. fees and tax when it arrives at my door. Not only Does UPS charge more for shipping but their fees kill us. Shipping from China can usually be done by air parcel, which Canada Post takes over on this end and generally, there is no brokerage or taxed on these shipments.
How would you ship something like this from the US to Canada?
Apr 20, 2015, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
We utilize USPS for shipping to Canada whenever possible - I know all too well how much they hit you with all of the extras with UPS/Fedex. Our shipping dept calculated that freight is about $42 for Canada for that size box for 7-10 day service. I'll update our kickstarter to reflect the lower rate for Canada. Thanks.
Apr 20, 2015, 05:44 PM
What Canary?
Do the kickstarter program birds have the "enhanced control system " installed? I think most of the folks with the Skyonme Eagle took theirs off. My SK Ornithopters have a long response time to control inputs, would be nice to have something that can counteract the tendency for sudden dives I've experienced.

Quick Reply