Feb 26, 2017, 10:30 PM
Maiden flight

20170219 - Ornithopter Pterodactyl maiden flight#1 (4 min 1 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 01:54 PM
Hello, Has anyone replaced a servo on one of these? Have one glitching like crazy and its going to need replaced. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks LTOB
Mar 16, 2017, 01:56 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
I replaced both with 9G emax metal gear servos.

Gravy
Mar 16, 2017, 02:44 PM
How did you access? Did you cut a access? Thanks Brian
Mar 16, 2017, 07:00 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
I split the bird in half at the glue line.

Gravy
Mar 16, 2017, 08:23 PM

Thanks

I will look at a little deeper and decide if I want to do the task or put it up for sale for someone else to repair. Thanks Brian
May 03, 2017, 10:49 AM
Hello,
Recently purchased a Pterodatyl at a swap meet. Just the bird and no radio or receiver.
How does one set it up with a spectrum receiver and radio?
Read that YOU should not hook up the servo wire attached to the ESC, correct?
How do you set up the screech sound on a spectrum rec'r? And radio?
What does the on/off plug in switch on the outside reference to and do I need it to set up?
What size battery would I be using? I'll be converting to EC3
Thanks for anyones help. Looking forward to screechin' the skies.
Dave
May 10, 2017, 07:20 AM
Anyone out there!!
Purchased a Pterodacyl at a swap meet. Have everything running except the screech sound. I have hooked to a spectrum rev'r and DX7.
Any help would appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
May 10, 2017, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetopflyer2
Anyone out there!!
Purchased a Pterodacyl at a swap meet. Have everything running except the screech sound. I have hooked to a spectrum rev'r and DX7.
Thanks
Dave
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=41
Jun 07, 2017, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetopflyer2
Anyone out there!!
Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave check this page out.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...F-Review/page3

Midway down you'll see a diagram and pics on how to wire in a Turnigy switch. Everything I've read (and it's quite a bit)
is that the sound card will not work with a third party rx by just plugging in the sound card lead to the rx. Also you can fry some component.

Good Luck!
Joe
Jun 09, 2017, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joet10012
Hi Dave check this page out.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...F-Review/page3

Midway down you'll see a diagram and pics on how to wire in a Turnigy switch. Everything I've read (and it's quite a bit)
is that the sound card will not work with a third party rx by just plugging in the sound card lead to the rx. Also you can fry some component.

Good Luck!
Joe
Figured it all out and soldered by the instructions. Works on my Gear ch. but the thing doesn't turn off after I flip the switch! But it does work
Dave
May 26, 2019, 07:07 PM

Any for sale?

I'm looking for a couple in any condition. If you have one, working or not, I'm interested. Please send picture and price to [email protected].

Thank you, Otto
Jun 08, 2019, 10:33 AM
SHARE TO KEEP LEARNING...

Rc petrosaur new stock!

Hi RC ORNITHOPTER Friends,

I found this Web Store are selling RC Petrosaur:

https://www.abetu.com/product/pteros...y-ornithopter/

Best Regards!

Quick Reply