Jul 30, 2016, 11:05 AM
What weather....downpours with several inches of rain per hour. Glad this has a foam body and web feet..... more suited to be a goose at the flooded field.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2016, 12:13 PM
What Canary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Petro
What weather....downpours with several inches of rain per hour. Glad this has a foam body and web feet..... more suited to be a goose at the flooded field.
Anything that softens the ground is a good thing for this beast.
Aug 01, 2016, 12:52 AM
First flights today.....much too sensitive .....is there a dual rate on this Tx ? If not, I will move the servo connections inward . Both rear wing ball joint connections popped out....minor repair. No one at the field to hand launch so it was all a solo endeavor......one launch, the wing smacked me hard in the side of the face......almost wrung it's neck.
Aug 01, 2016, 10:41 AM
Maiden flight was a fail.
Someone one help me launch it but toss it in air BEFORE i was ready.
Broke a wing spar. Got replacement carbon fiber spar and have to glue it back to wing. What kind of glue is idea to do this? Rubber cement?
Aug 02, 2016, 12:55 AM
I used a water based contact cement I had, it has held up for 6 flights with no sign of coming apart.

Mike
Aug 06, 2016, 11:07 AM
Took the leap last night and reduced the "feet" movement. Relocated the connection on the servo arm to the third hole out from the center.......it can't be placed any closer in because of interference with the servo case.
The servos are not exactly the same in their internal setups so the "feet " are slightly offset with the closest match of the arm splines. The push rods are glued into the end connectors so there is no screw adjustment like normal linkages. There is no sub-trim in the Tx setup. That leaves only the trim switches to make the "feet" alignment.
The controls now are less sensitive and still look like they will be more than adequate.
Hope field conditions are good on Sunday for the next test flight.
Aug 07, 2016, 10:49 PM
Got to take the critter in to the vet.
I think this is a lousy radio. Made 2 attempts today and both had the controls fail to center well. I like the design and engineering, but am seriously thinking about swapping out the radio completely for one that centers the servos reliably. Yes, a carbon spar broke.
The TX may look impressive, but it actually does less than a cheap 4ch radio.
Aug 11, 2016, 11:11 AM
I thought the servos were at fault for poor centering, but when I substitute an orange Rx and use my Spectrum Tx, the "feet" move smoothly and center near perfect. When I use the stock radio, but substitute new servos, the Rx quickly quits working.
There will be a puzzle to solve as to where to plug the connectors into the orange ports.........and how to still have the sound work.
Aug 11, 2016, 01:57 PM
What Canary?
Jim,
The stock rx provides the signal for the sound. With a non-stock rx you will need to get an rc switch and wire it in.
Aug 11, 2016, 02:49 PM
I just read the latest MAN and it shows a picture from their video of the beasty and guess what......it s being flown with a different Tx....not the stock model. Did they discover it is too sensitive and make a change before doing a video ?
I have an auxiliary switch.....I hope it is as simple as daisy chaining the RX > switch > and noise together........I like the sound.
Aug 12, 2016, 08:02 AM
What Canary?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2512954&page=3 Post 35 to 41

Jim,
See attached for switch installation.

BTW, no one ever confirmed that the 5 v via switch is as loud as what ever the 12 v line supplies.
Aug 12, 2016, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK

BTW, no one ever confirmed that the 5 v via switch is as loud as what ever the 12 v line supplies.
Good observation.I suspect the same. The power line out of the original ESC has to have some purpose. I got the sound working on the first PNP with servo switch and was surprised how weak is the sound opposite to what I've heard in the videos.
Now , when I have RTF too I will be able to compare and will report here.
Aug 16, 2016, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTEX
Good observation.I suspect the same. The power line out of the original ESC has to have some purpose. I got the sound working on the first PNP with servo switch and was surprised how weak is the sound opposite to what I've heard in the videos.
Now , when I have RTF too I will be able to compare and will report here.
Unfortunately I culdn't find any noticeable difference in sound volume betwin the PNF with servo switch and the RTF version !
Dec 04, 2016, 09:02 AM
Old RC Guy Having Fun!
Broke down and bought one of the RTFs from HK. When I turn on the tx it just emits a continuous stream of beeps and the rx blinks on and off with no control response. Can't figure out how to bind the rx and tx. Are there instructions somewhere or a trick to binding them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Aero
Dec 05, 2016, 07:00 AM
Send an email to rocksky and they will help you
Mine works fine so Im not sure how to bind them

[email protected]

Quick Reply