BBCC6 - Scientific "Stunt Trainer" C/L to R/C - RC Groups
Mar 30, 2015, 09:50 AM
Discussion

BBCC6 - Scientific "Stunt Trainer" C/L to R/C

I have decided to make a second entry for the BBCC6. Like the other entry, this will be an ultra-micro sized plane for the 3000Kv E-Flite Park 180 motor, the Spektrum AS6410 receiver/ESC, and A2030L linear servos. All these parts can be scavenged from an old foamie, in my case a UM Habu for the electronics and a UM Stryker for the motor.

Manzano Laser www.manzanolaser.com has the files for making this a laser kit, and within a week or two they should be available for you.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2015, 11:41 AM
That's Great!. Certainly looks the part of a 1/2a CL
As opinion :-) it seems overly complex (gotta luv Cad) And Heavy for it's size despite Lightweight, pricey if one doesn't have it onhand, gear fitted
Check Out Zeke's offerings :
http://www.parkscalemodels.com/shop/....aspx?catid=23
Simple designs well worth studying... Although they build /fly nicely too :-)
Mar 30, 2015, 01:08 PM
Gotta luv laser cutting! The laser cut version needs no plans to build, kinda like Zeke does. Everything self-jigs. I did that same concept for the Python and Blitzer kits in the way back too. I really enjoy making planes simple like this.

But you raise a good point - the laser version that Manzano will have is slightly different in a few places to take advantage of the laser benefits. The plans above are geared more toward conventional construction techniques, so plans would be good to work from.

Andy
Last edited by AndyKunz; Mar 30, 2015 at 02:24 PM.
Apr 01, 2015, 02:38 PM
Very nice Andy. I really like the plans that you drew up; they look perfect. I might even be tempted to make one for U/C. I've got a long "bucket list".
John
Apr 01, 2015, 02:43 PM
The original was just a sheet wing with slight airfoiling to it. Here's a link to the kit plans from the way back.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4051

Andy
Apr 01, 2015, 03:12 PM
Thanks Andy. I like your drawing much better.
John
Apr 02, 2015, 10:19 PM
Tonight I cut out the parts on the laser. I selected some lighter wood this time, as this plane will be my real "flyer" - the first will be mostly for "show."

The sheets after cutting weigh 84g (excluding the headrest). It will be interesting to see what it weighs after the parts are popped out and glued together.

Andy
Apr 09, 2015, 04:09 PM
I like it Andy and i did find it on the Outerzone . Kept it for a later build but bigger for my old eyes .lol Thanks sir joe
Apr 10, 2015, 07:07 AM
You're bringing back memories!

I built a whole bunch of the Scientific kits, back in the mid/late 1960's. My Stunt Trainer was finished in Aerogloss Fokker Red, with that newfangled white Trim Monokote panels and black crosses on the wings (I tried making it look like an early Junkers design).

CD
Apr 10, 2015, 08:13 AM
The Junk Man
Brings back memories. I built several of those before moving into the "pros" with a Nobler with a "huge" Fox .35.

They flew great.

Tom
Apr 10, 2015, 10:40 PM
Last Saturday I built the whole thing except for sanding the wing. I was editing the assembly instructions and never got around to posting anything. I hope to take care of that early next week.

It flies great as RC too.

Andy
Jun 05, 2015, 04:28 PM
This thread has been idle for a few weeks. I have the plane almost ready to cover (just a little sanding on the wing) but haven't posted photos as I'm preparing a slightly different format.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of sitting down with Walt Musciano for a few hours. I brought along 3 of his books (one still in print) for autographs, and he did me the greatest honor of autographing the stab on my cream and black one.

It was a great visit. Guys, if you live near one of the great designers of the past (or present) spend a little time to thank them for what they did!

Andy
Jun 09, 2015, 08:59 PM
Or current resident
You're killing me Andy...
I'm not even finished with the Lil Satan, and now this one.
The dummy Cox cylinder sold it.
Gotta build me one of these!
Glenn
Jun 10, 2015, 09:04 AM
It's a great plane for just plain-old fun flying. It doesn't knife-edge, but that's OK. It loops and rolls, hammerheads, spins, etc. And it looks neat with that fake Cox out front.

Andy