Dec 27, 2016, 07:42 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Thanks for those tips, not sure if I set the shapes of the sails right but it did have its maiden voyage today.
I have flown for years but this is the first sailboat I have tried.... Went to a location that was fairly calm but it was a lot of fun ... Still getting used to the sails and tacking etc.

My Girlfriend even had a go so I could grab a bit of video on my phone ...she has never really controlled anything with a remote besides the tv lol.

She had a lot of fun too ... Might have another outing tomorrow before I hand it over to my brother.

Joysway Orion 22 from Hobbyking sailing at Cars Crossing (1 min 52 sec)

Enjoy all the noisy parrots .... Sulpher crested cockatoos mainly
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2016, 08:21 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Looks good,looks like you need another boat so you can race together, just dont let her get better than you
Feb 09, 2017, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post

Read the rg65 tuning tips, try and set the sail shapes, makes a lot of difference

Just enjoy sailing
Hi!
Im a new owner of an orion too, and I want to make the Jib-mod. Can someone help me out to find the Mod / tuning tips ?

Thanks!

Mic
Mar 18, 2017, 06:20 AM

Orion rudder arm

Hello,

I have bought a red one :-)

But I have a small problem.

I need a new ruder arm

Are the parts identical with the parts of the Dragon Force ?

I have found this: http://www.ripmax.com/Item.aspx?Item...ry=900-040-040

Is this suitable to the rudder arm of the Orion ?

Thanks for help

bjoern
Mar 18, 2017, 06:50 PM
Hi Gentlemen,

I've just logged onto this recent post.

The Rudder arm that you refer to is correct for the Orion. The Orion shares most of it's parts with the Dragonforce.

In respect of Jib Rigging modifications. It's probably better to rig the Orion in a way that the Dragonforce is rigged.

I know it works for me.

Cheers,

Nick.
Mar 18, 2017, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRoberts View Post
Hi Gentlemen,

I've just logged onto this recent post.

The Rudder arm that you refer to is correct for the Orion. The Orion shares most of it's parts with the Dragonforce.

In respect of Jib Rigging modifications. It's probably better to rig the Orion in a way that the Dragonforce is rigged.

I know it works for me.

Cheers,

Nick.
Hi Nick,

many thanks for answers.
Mar 19, 2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamann View Post
Hi Nick,

many thanks for answers.

Hi Bjoern,

The Orion does respond very well to a little bit of work. Look at post #130 it shows the Jib lifting line ( Topping lift ). It makes a lot of difference to the Jib Sail twist and Jib Sail performance.

Another good thing for you is to make some new sails out of "Mylar" or Draughtsman Tracing Film. 50 micron film is ok but stiff and heavy. 35 micron film is perfect.
If you can't get Mylar then go to your favourite florist. Buy some flowers for your Wife and ask the florist for some extra flower wrapping film lol.
1 metre will be enough. Make sure it's flat with no creases.

The Orion is a superb sailing boat and only needs a little bit of work to make it perfect.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nick.