This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:26 AM
New Product

Info Panel and Alerter for the Vector FPV Controller!

Folks, we are pleased to let you know about some new accessories for our popular Vector Flight Controller/OSD.

Alerter

Small and lightweight, the powerful Alerter Buzzer/LED provides important audiovisual information about your Vector equipped model's status, and a "smart" lost model/battery saver alarm. Great for use when flying either FPV or LOS!

* LOUD multitone buzzer with programmable volume
* Three SUPER BRIGHT LEDs with programmable brightness, and diffused viewport
* Unique, programmable Inactivity Alarm serves as a lost model alarm, and alerts you if you forget to disconnect your flight pack
* Buzzer provides audible indication of errors and other events
* LEDs show Vector status, number of GPS satellites in view, and more
* For multirotors, LED brightness and buzzer volume can be programmed to be at highest levels only when armed
* Comes with 6"/15cm connection cable

IMPORTANT: the Alerter's high powered LEDs and Buzzer require that the maximum 5V PSU draw be reduced from 1A to 500mA. Also, the Alerter is not compatible with the power function of the GoPro AV Cable. See Vector manual for more information.

InfoPanel

The InfoPanel LCD display makes it easy to check the status of your Vector equipped model and fully configure settings at the field, without needing to use laptop or video goggles.

* Backlit LCD display is easy to read in bright sunlight or darkness
* Hot pluggable/unpluggable for ground only use. Rugged and light enough to be permanently mounted to your model.
* Shows pack voltage, remaining mAH, number of satellites in view, and compass readout (for testing the compass)

* Shows Vector notifications and error messages

* Lets you fully configure the Vector and change settings at the field with your radio sticks, without needing goggles or a laptop

* Comes with 6"/15cm connection cable
Last edited by billpa; Sep 03, 2015 at 11:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2015, 01:58 AM
Wonder when you will release the "alerter ", hope it's faster than you updating the NEWS on the home page. Sorry for the sarcastic thought, love the Vector and can't wait to see what's next. Keep up the good work.
Aug 23, 2015, 12:33 AM
Both items are now on the website. The web page for the Alerter has a "Manuals" tab. That tab refers the user to section 5.17 of the Vector Manual. The linked manual does not have a section 5.17.
Aug 31, 2015, 03:37 PM
When is it in EU Shops in Stock?
Sep 06, 2015, 05:46 AM
Learning to crash
IMPORTANT: the Alerter's high powered LEDs and Buzzer require that the maximum 5V PSU draw be reduced from 1A to 500mA. Also, the Alerter is not compatible with the power function of the GoPro AV Cable. See Vector manual for more information.

So what exactly does this mean? Can't we just plug it into the bus connection on the GPS module and be good to go?
Sep 07, 2015, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T

So what exactly does this mean? Can't we just plug it into the bus connection on the GPS module and be good to go?
Max available current from PSU without Alerter connected for user to power other devices such as camera or vtx etc, - 1A.

Alerter draws 500mA (implied in the statement above) means when the Alerter is connected there is now 500mA available for user to power other devices such as camera or vtx etc.

Yes you can just plug it in and your good to go but it would be wise to consider the effect other components in your system may have.

Geoff
Sep 22, 2015, 05:12 AM
"TRUTH" , the new hate speech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
Max available current from PSU without Alerter connected for user to power other devices such as camera or vtx etc, - 1A.

Alerter draws 500mA (implied in the statement above) means when the Alerter is connected there is now 500mA available for user to power other devices such as camera or vtx etc.

Yes you can just plug it in and your good to go but it would be wise to consider the effect other components in your system may have.

Geoff

Is this why "Loiter"used to work flawlessly on my Hexa & now when I plug in the L.E.D/buzzer to the GPS (Bus) port it seems to have somehow affected the loiter hold & the platform will loose substantial altitude & it will pitch forward to the point control must be taken back.

I've ran through the calibration procedure over again & done everything according to instructions, I've owned about 10 vector controllers & am not "new" by any stretch but when I take the buzzer out of the equation I get perfect loiter once again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sep 22, 2015, 09:01 AM
Hello,

The only possibility I can think of is that you have routed the wires for the Alerter/Info Panel around the GPS which could cause interference for the compass . If you can't get it working, please open a support ticket and provide pictures of your setup, log and config files and if possible a DVR recording of a flight showing loiter issues.

Regards, John
Oct 11, 2016, 01:59 AM
Is the powerpanel and infopanel are the same? Can i use the power panel to check vector status?
Oct 11, 2016, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx
Is the powerpanel and infopanel are the same? Can i use the power panel to check vector status?
They are different to each other. The Power Panel doesn't work with the Vector.

The Power Panel works with the eLogger v3/v4

Geoff
Oct 11, 2016, 11:07 PM
Quote:
They are different to each other. The Power Panel doesn't work with the Vector.

The Power Panel works with the eLogger v3/v4

Geoff
....and the Eagle Eyes
Oct 12, 2016, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortecks
....and the Eagle Eyes
....and the Eagle Eyes, what??

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...ormation_id=13
Oct 12, 2016, 06:20 AM
Quote:
The Power Panel works with the Eagle Eyes
Jan 14, 2017, 09:56 PM
Do I have to config anything for the info panel to Work? With tx and quad on it justs lights up
Jan 15, 2017, 07:29 PM
No, you should not have to configure anything. Be sure it is plugged into the BUS port, not any other port. If you can't get it to work, please open a support ticket.

Regards, John