Mar 25, 2015, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
Question

Best hobby shop in Spartanburg, SC area?

Hi all,

Moving from the frozen northeast to the Spartanburg area in a few weeks.

I do a lot of building (kits, plans, and scratch) and constantly find myself running to the LHS (and I'm fortunate enough to have two excellent shops nearby) for another piece of balsa, or some linkage hardware, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good shop near Spartanburg? I try to support the LHS whenever I can. There are too few good ones left.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2015, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
Well, the lack of response is somewhat worrisome. I guess I'll have to make certain to list out all my necessary materials and parts when I'm planning a build, and order it all online in one order. I hate having to pay $3 shipping on a $1 part I forgot to pick up. Hopefully, some of the local flyers there will be able to direct me to a shop they use.
Aug 28, 2015, 07:32 PM
Just in the interest of giving a response, The Hobby Connection is in Easley SC, and is a great shop. Lots of WCRC shoppers there from the Greenville area.
I've heard there's a great one in Boiling Springs though too, and being in Spartanburg Co myself, I was looking for a link on line when I hit this thread. I'll keep looking. THC is probably about 1hr. from you in BS.
...Just found it: Mason's Rods and Parts...and Hobby Store. 1714 New Cut Rd. Spartanburg SC. That should be pretty close to BS.
Last edited by time907356; Aug 28, 2015 at 08:01 PM.
Sep 08, 2015, 08:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by time907356
Just in the interest of giving a response, The Hobby Connection is in Easley SC, and is a great shop. Lots of WCRC shoppers there from the Greenville area.
I've heard there's a great one in Boiling Springs though too, and being in Spartanburg Co myself, I was looking for a link on line when I hit this thread. I'll keep looking. THC is probably about 1hr. from you in BS.
...Just found it: Mason's Rods and Parts...and Hobby Store. 1714 New Cut Rd. Spartanburg SC. That should be pretty close to BS.
Thank you! I've visited The Hobby Connection in Easley. It seemed to be geared more towards the ARF crowd. They did have a selection of balsa, and some hardware. I have to admit, I was totally spoiled by the two shops I frequented back in Massachusetts, that always seemed to stock the little things that I needed.

I'll have to check out Mason's Rods and Parts / Hobby Store. I think there's another good shop (Hobby House in Hendersonville NC) which I may have to visit - before the owners retire
Sep 08, 2015, 09:50 AM
I visited Mason's after writing you, and was pretty disappointed. I went for a 1/16" ply plate, and they had next to nothing for aircrafts. If you were the least bit underwhelmed by Hobby Connection, don't bother with Mason's. It's a Rod shop, with a few hobby things sprinkled on top.
Spartanburg is in need of a good LHS. There used to be 3-4 in the area, and they've all closed doors.
Sep 08, 2015, 10:56 AM
Thread OP
Just came back from there. It looks like they're just trying to get started up, but are geared more towards RC cars. They have an order in to DuBro for a bunch of hardware (which is usually what I need on my scratch builds) which may help in a pinch down the road.

I'll have to take a trip to Hendersonville. The owners are looking to retire, so who knows how long that one will be open.

I should be down your way at the end of the month for eWeek at Triple Tree.

Quick Reply