Mar 25, 2015, 12:11 AM
Thread OP
Contest

Armattan Quads Design Contest

Hi all,

This contest is a two-part contest. Like 2 contests in one.

Part 1:

Design a quad no larger than 400 mm motor to motor. Post your renderings. You must have proper .DXF files for your designs. If your designs aren't CAD designs, you can't submit them.

Design submissions end April 15, 2015.

You may post several designs if you want to.

On April 15, I will post a poll and let the polls run for 1 week. Whoever has the most votes wins. What do you win? Well, simple enough. We cut your parts out of 3k carbon fiber and we ship them to you. Free.

Note that only carbon fiber parts will be sent to the winner. Hardware such as bolts, nuts, standoffs, clamps, etc, are not included. You need to source that yourself to complete the design.

Part 2:

This is our website: www.armattanquads.com

This is our current logo:

The short of it is we are soon to expand our little company and we need a new website. With a new website comes the need for a new logo.

Requirements: We'd like to stay consistent with the current "ARMATTAN" logo, but we'd like to modify it and add the word "Productions" perhaps in handwriting style as an extra layer on the ARMATTAN logo.

So the logo "ARMATTAN" needs to change to "ARMATTAN Productions."

If you are interested, post your designs here. In about 1-2 weeks from now, I may choose one of the designs submitted, or ask you to make small changes to it. One a final decision do adopt a logo is made, the winner is announced.

What do you win? A free DIY kit for any of our models or 200$ cash. You choose and no offense taken if you prefer cash.

Yes, we understand that graphics designer often charge more than this for this kind of work. So, if you are one of them and you have lots of work on your plate, this is probably not for you. But if you have a bit a spare time and want a chance to earn a quadcopter or a couple hundred bucks to support your RC hobby, then this might be of interest to you.

Here's hoping to see some creative ideas, and looking forward to help a quad designer bring his/her drawings to life.

Thank you.

Chris
Last edited by bobepine; Mar 31, 2015 at 08:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2015, 06:48 AM
Awesome!
Mar 25, 2015, 07:14 AM
I'm a graphic designer and would love to come up with some logo variations.

Do you happen to have your current logo in vector format that we could use to modify?
Mar 25, 2015, 07:51 AM
Team Armattan (Michel)
Here is something I drew up. Let me know if you are looking for change in the color or modification in design.

I prefer Armattan non capitalized, but I attaching both forms here
Mar 25, 2015, 08:07 AM
Team Armattan (Michel)
Not sure the font you used in your logo, but this is the closest I have come to
Mar 25, 2015, 08:28 AM
Team Armattan (Michel)
Note that the above had transparent backgrounds, this one has white background
Mar 25, 2015, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimlossus
I'm a graphic designer and would love to come up with some logo variations.

Do you happen to have your current logo in vector format that we could use to modify?
I'm sorry. I do not know what vector format is. I'm not skilled at this stuff. Drop me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you what I have.

I like the black and white theme of the current Armattan logo. Open to using a different color for "Productions."

I see Michel has already posted a few ideas. Cool. Thank you. You can submit as many as you want.

Best,
Chris
Mar 25, 2015, 08:49 AM
Team Armattan (Michel)
With all black and the other with dark red "Productions"
Mar 25, 2015, 04:08 PM
Font can be changed and colors as well, give a holler if you have any requests
Last edited by pvalvo1; Mar 25, 2015 at 04:21 PM.
Mar 25, 2015, 06:18 PM
Team Armattan (Michel)
With Armattan font from original photo
Mar 25, 2015, 06:43 PM
New And modified edges makes it look cleaner, With a small drop shadow now
Will do to others at request, just PM me the one you want it done to, just chose my favorite as a model.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:42 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the submissions, gents.

I would really like to see the the word "Productions" in handwriting style. Maybe crooked or overlapping.

I kind of like the line around the word "Armattan" in the original logo. Maybe we can incorporate that into the design, too?

Just giving you guys pointers as to what I have in mind.

Thanks again.

Best,
Chris
Mar 26, 2015, 07:11 AM
Thread OP
Further info I just received. The logo size required is 264 x 38. I think this is info you'd need.

Hoping to see some models designs posted, as well!

Best,
Chris
Mar 26, 2015, 07:37 AM
I don't have the skillset for CAD, but I'm hoping someone comes up with a workable hex based on a modified version of Chris' current V Tail/Tricopter frame....
Mar 26, 2015, 08:37 AM
Team Armattan (Michel)
New logo with 264 x 38 dimension as requested with black border around like original

Quick Reply