This thread is privately moderated by johnshannon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 24, 2015, 10:41 PM
DJS Johnny
Thread OP
Discussion

I have a blog?

Ok. I guess I have a blog here. This is a first shot to see if it works!

Johnny
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2015, 10:57 PM
l'escargot inspiré
It work
Mar 25, 2015, 11:50 AM
l'escargot inspiré
While having a look at your attachments I came across that .049 Djs:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=9017
Surprisingly nobody commented about it! I see you had a prototype(4 bolts head)and a production version with 8 bolts. Assume it was used in 1/2A C/L speed and using a tuned exhaust, was it sold commercially or a special order?
Mar 25, 2015, 12:04 PM
DJS Johnny
Thread OP

I Can See Clearly Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
While having a look at your attachments I came across that .049 Djs:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=9017
Surprisingly nobody commented about it! I see you had a prototype(4 bolts head)and a production version with 8 bolts. Assume it was used in 1/2A C/L speed and using a tuned exhaust, was it sold commercially or a special order?
Ok, so this is my very first attempt to post a reply on my very own blog. When I saw your first reply I actually thought it was in the forum. Silly me. It was 1/2A Speed. All the cases had an 8 bolt pattern. We did this just in case one of the small screws got stripped. However, this never happened. I built just a few clamps with the 8 bolt pattern. When Dub built some more he put in 4. We actually never used more than 4 screws in either. Just too much trouble. We did sell a few engines. Also, sold some castings. Still have castings. I was surprised that that original posting did not get any response. Who knows why. I think with the blog I'll be able to post a longer prose to go with the pictures.

Johnny
Mar 25, 2015, 12:22 PM
l'escargot inspiré
The "Vintage Glow engines" thread is very large and posts quickly get lost as new posts add-up every day. Very impressed by these DJS design very ahead of their time in conception, sadly I have the feeling IC model engines(Glow&Diesel)are being replaced by the "Soul less" Electric ease of operation! One more reason to salvage its history.
Mar 26, 2015, 02:51 PM
DJS Johnny
Thread OP

Put Up 049 Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
The "Vintage Glow engines" thread is very large and posts quickly get lost as new posts add-up every day. Very impressed by these DJS design very ahead of their time in conception, sadly I have the feeling IC model engines(Glow&Diesel)are being replaced by the "Soul less" Electric ease of operation! One more reason to salvage its history.
I did as you suggested and put some information about the 049. What is really surprising is that 1300+ people viewed and not one commented (except yourself). Does this seem "normal"?

Johnny
Mar 16, 2016, 11:07 PM
I saw the 049 on pipe in Toledo many years ago. Wanted to buy one, but they were not for sale.
I still plan on getting a .40 one of these days, but the price is high. I still have a few Rossi , K&B and an OPS FAI to use.
Thanks for the nice pictures.
John
Mar 17, 2016, 08:39 AM
DJS Johnny
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R
I saw the 049 on pipe in Toledo many years ago. Wanted to buy one, but they were not for sale.
I still plan on getting a .40 one of these days, but the price is high. I still have a few Rossi , K&B and an OPS FAI to use.
Thanks for the nice pictures.
John
When Dub went to the Toledo Show for the first time he took a complete 049 with pipe as a display. Kind of showing the beginnings of Jett Engineering when he started making Jett engines. DJS Enterprizes (Dub and I) was a little business in 1972 to support our modeling addition. Never made any money, but it did break even.

Johnny
Feb 21, 2020, 04:38 AM
Hello wonderful little engine! I am an Italian model engine maker I have build some homemade engines. The first one was a very simple and crude 1.5 cc diesel. Then 2 glow 2.5 cc and the last is a dyno 2 cc replica using motorboys drawings. I am interested to try a 049 glow, do you sell drawings and castings? Best regards Franz Kleber
Feb 21, 2020, 09:41 AM
DJS Johnny
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzkleber
Hello wonderful little engine! I am an Italian model engine maker I have build some homemade engines. The first one was a very simple and crude 1.5 cc diesel. Then 2 glow 2.5 cc and the last is a dyno 2 cc replica using motorboys drawings. I am interested to try a 049 glow, do you sell drawings and castings? Best regards Franz Kleber
Franz,

Thank you for your interest. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your homebuilt engines. I have not had success sending attachments using rcgroups. If you will send me an email to my private account I will forward the plans for the DJS 049.

[email protected]

Sincerely,
Johnny
Feb 22, 2020, 04:30 AM
Hello Mr. Shannon !

I'm trying to send you an email but I keep on having an error , the mail [email protected] is correct ?

Anyway i load some pictures of my engines and i give you my personal mail : [email protected]

Best regards

Colla Franco
Monza Italy
Feb 22, 2020, 11:35 AM
DJS Johnny
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzkleber
Hello Mr. Shannon !
I'm trying to send you an email but I keep on having an error , the mail [email protected] is correct ?
Anyway i load some pictures of my engines and i give you my personal mail : [email protected]
Best regards
Colla Franco
Monza Italy
Very nice engines! The email you listed for me is correct. I have corresponded all over the world using this address. I will attach the DJS 049 sketches here. Sometimes documents do not post properly here. Additionally, I will send to the email address provided.

One confusion. Is you name Franz Kleber or Colla Franco?

Thanks,
Johnny
Feb 22, 2020, 12:06 PM
Hello John!

May be problems of my mail .... i will try again to send you the email ...
My Name is Franco and the surname is Colla, i work in automotive world specially with German customers like BMW Mercedes and many others .
So i choose my nickname Franz Kleber (Franco Colla in german languace ....
Thanks for the drawings I wanted to show you some more detailed images .... but first I have to solve the strange email problems.

Regards
Feb 22, 2020, 12:19 PM
I forgot to ask : can I ask you a few questions as soon as I have looked carefully at the drawings?
Because there will probably a lot of things I don't understand well and it's better to ask ha ha ha
Feb 22, 2020, 12:58 PM
l'escargot inspiré
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnshannon
Very nice engines! The email you listed for me is correct. I have corresponded all over the world using this address. I will attach the DJS 049 sketches here. Sometimes documents do not post properly here. Additionally, I will send to the email address provided.

One confusion. Is you name Franz Kleber or Colla Franco?

Thanks,
Johnny
Very interesting sketches John, show your attention to details which is even more critical in that size. Lot of intricate machining and probably fancy jigs and set-up for that result

Quick Reply