RCTimer/ DYS Mini SN20a / SN30a / SN40a esc - Page 269 - RC Groups
Jul 28, 2015, 10:32 PM
sn20a are still holding up well on my 2208/20 6x4.5" ship

zuul / vortex / nighthawk - lunch racing (2 min 51 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2015, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolD
you should be fine, btw isn't the default startup 0.75 ?
Indeed it is. I like a harder startup.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:01 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolD
you should be fine, btw isn't the default startup 0.75 ?
Yeah, setting your startup too high can cause issues. I blew up a F-20A that way back in the day!
Jul 28, 2015, 11:26 PM
Suspended Account
Hi, friends,

Regarding the DYS mini esc issue, before some customer reflected the mini esc will be burnt easily and it cannot work with the motor properly, until now for some study and testing, we find the solution.

All the mini escs no need to send back to the dealer now. It just need to upgrade to BLheli 14.0 version to avoid these issue now.

Please take a little time to upgrade the version to save more time for your flight.

Sorry again for the inconvenience to you.

Thanks & Best Regards,
DYS
Jul 29, 2015, 01:11 AM
Advice...

I'm going to direct solder SN20A's signal & ground directly to the naze due to space restraints...

How do you all update/change settings on ESC when directly soldered to naze? Any tips?
Jul 29, 2015, 02:17 AM
Cleanflight can program the blheli bootloader enabled ESCs. Ask them to support simonk too.
Jul 29, 2015, 02:27 AM
Meanwhile two of these esc's cought on fire! First one on stock settings and mid air.
DYS 20a esc fire (1 min 0 sec)

And the second one after flashing it with BLHeli 14 and this time on the table not eaven flying it!

Consider this when you buying this esc's!
Jul 29, 2015, 02:50 AM
Firmware Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by dys08
Hi, friends,

Regarding the DYS mini esc issue, before some customer reflected the mini esc will be burnt easily and it cannot work with the motor properly, until now for some study and testing, we find the solution.

All the mini escs no need to send back to the dealer now. It just need to upgrade to BLheli 14.0 version to avoid these issue now.

Please take a little time to upgrade the version to save more time for your flight.

Thanks & Best Regards,
DYS
I'm pretty sure firmware can't magically solve hardware manufacturing deficiencies/cut corners.

The post above this one should make this evident.
Jul 29, 2015, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2422
https://github.com/nathantsoi/cleanf...sc-programming

ESC flashing now through USB on CF! This is amazing news.
Hi Boris or Longhorns,

how do I implement the code to the Firmware?

thanks
Cheers Matt
Jul 29, 2015, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureusr
I reckon I am gonna hafta. So...

ZTW 18A with DYS 20A 14.0 fw.
Cobra 2206 2100kv.
dither 7
startup x1
demag low
dampend light
timing medium high

Unless there are any suggestions otherwise. It will be a couple of days before I complete the build and get to test it tho.

What is the benefit (if any) of flashing the ZTW 18A with the DYS 20A hex? Do you expect this to be much different than flashing them with the blueseries hex? Thanks
Jul 29, 2015, 03:54 AM
Quote:
for some study and testing, we find the solution.

DYS
Please tell us what is the reason for the failures, if you cover this with a mystery it will make people suspicious and prevent from buying. I guess.

Without understanding whats going on I'd rather buy different esc. Just not to risk.
Jul 29, 2015, 05:26 AM
Suspended Account
What prop size and motor you used? The voltage? After flash 14.0, does it work properly?
Jul 29, 2015, 05:41 AM
Quote:
What prop size and motor you used? The voltage? After flash 14.0, does it work properly?
If you are reffering to me. I used dal 6045 props with sunnysky 2204 motors on a zmr frame. I also used 1300 and 1500 35-70c 3s nanotech.
This is bl13
DYS 20a esc fire (1 min 0 sec)

This is bl14
Zmr250 problem (0 min 24 sec)

And this is on the bench after double checking settings.
Jul 29, 2015, 06:34 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Hi, friends,

Thanks & Best Regards,
DYS
Please could you post the code and guide of how to do it? i'm feeling lazy and don't want to trawl through lots of pages here to find it.
Thanks,
Jul 29, 2015, 06:44 AM
Not really sure how a firmware update is going to fix a hardware issue?

Also, if people keep the same settings from 13.x to 14, then nothing will change?