Eddie vs. Otto: Cartoon style WW1 Combat biplanes free plan - Page 5 - RC Groups
Apr 16, 2015, 01:23 PM
scratchbuilder
Air-to-air video made by my friend Bruno with his scratchbuilt tricopter. my streamer nearly touched the copter at 0.40.
schöner Nachmittagsflug aufm Platz (1 min 33 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2015, 05:09 PM
scratchbuilder
Stephan made this fine onboard video:
Eddie vs. Otto, Streamertest (1 min 19 sec)
Apr 21, 2015, 05:26 PM
Hope mine flies as well as the rest of them! Almost done. Still need to put in the servo rods, landing gear, prop, ESC and receiver. Weighs 7.7 ounces (218 grams at this point). It has an Emax 2822 motor in it.

Went with a square cowl to make it look more like a D VII. Since I made it from MPF, which I don't think is quite as stiff as Depron, I put some 3 mm x 0.8 mm flat CF spars in the wings. Also added some vertical struts between the wings, it's pretty stiff like this!

I didn't make the front top deck removable, just left the bottom open for the battery.

How is everyone mounting their landing gear?
Apr 21, 2015, 05:30 PM
Here is a pilot I found somewhere on RCG. I just colorized him red and made a mirror image of him. I usually just copy and paste the pilot pics on a Word document and resize as required, print it out and glue to some foam. I wish I could have made him bigger on this plane, but his helmut would poke through the upper wing!
Apr 22, 2015, 12:06 PM
Very nice plane and pilot!
Apr 22, 2015, 05:48 PM
scratchbuilder
Yes, nice plane and pilot!
In the pic you see the ply on the fuselage bottom. I glue the uc simply with hot glue.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:43 AM
My solution in 4 pictures
Plate is 6 mm cadapac (depron with 2 cardbord sides), one side with 0.6 mm plywood ant sticks inside.
Tie wraps are very small ones
Apr 23, 2015, 02:28 PM
scratchbuilder
Excellent, Manu! I will copy that.
Apr 23, 2015, 02:35 PM
Today first combat: Otto captured the plane trying to cut its streamer and brought this ennemy back to earth
Last edited by Manudepron; Apr 23, 2015 at 03:38 PM.
Apr 25, 2015, 01:18 PM
scratchbuilder
that`s 1:0 for You, Manu!

New Video, DR1 vs Tripe vs DVII:
Fokker Dr I vs Sopwith Triplane vs Fokker DVII (3 min 45 sec)
Apr 27, 2015, 10:18 AM
Hi 'PM'ed you regarding a Non tiled plan. Awesome design and flight...
May 01, 2015, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
I managed to squeeze the parts for the Eddie onto half a sheet of Depron. Off to test cut on the laser now.
epilot, How did your laser test come out?
May 01, 2015, 09:36 AM
Fine. If I was doing production runs I would make some changes but for a one-off it works fine. I'm going to cut some strut strengtheners from thin plywood but haven't gotten around to that yet. Also need to draw a motor mount for cutting from plywood.
May 02, 2015, 11:37 AM
Restricted User
Couldn't find a male pilot willing to fly the 70s hippie style E/O shown in post 45.
So, a lady took over. She has a bad attitude, but that's ok for some dirty dogfight.
rgds
Stephan

Quick Reply