Apr 03, 2015, 07:42 PM
skumgummi dave
StephanB:

Definitely a case of flower power. Groovy looking aircraft. Peace man!

Dave-
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2015, 09:14 PM
old foamie
I dunno , it could of been an unkown german type of camo , a one off experiment. It looks good, just add a white rudder and put crosses on, and fly on.
Apr 04, 2015, 01:41 AM
Restricted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by old foamie
I dunno , it could of been an unkown german type of camo , a one off experiment. It looks good, just add a white rudder and put crosses on, and fly on.
That's exactly what i thought after having added the design, but it was unintentionally. Darker "military" colours and it would be perfect camo.

Peace man.

Stephan
Apr 04, 2015, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanB
Finished and maidened my 70s-style version today.
Perfect flyer.
Thanks Thomas for this fine plane.
Looking forward to do some dogfight against Eddie/Otto at Inter-Ex 2015.
rgds
Stephan
Superb decoration! Same for me, my decoration will be a "non war" scheme. I keep my own idea secret but suggest for others: Dick Dastardy, Bart Simpson, Adam's Family members, Batman, .... A lot of comics will do the trick!
Last edited by Manudepron; Apr 04, 2015 at 07:51 AM.
Apr 04, 2015, 07:58 AM
scratchbuilder
Excellent Stephan! And almost scale!
Apr 04, 2015, 08:09 AM
If anyone wants laser cut stencils for spraying a lozenge pattern onto the weeks, get in touch. I haven't worked out a price yet but will a I'm cutting a set for myself.
Apr 09, 2015, 11:48 PM
Decoration is on it's way....
Apr 10, 2015, 09:29 AM
Just curious...but will there be plans made of the Triplane? It is a very good looking plane. Thank you for sharing the wonderful biplanes.
- Evelys
Apr 11, 2015, 05:09 AM
scratchbuilder

Tripes

No plans needed for the triplane, it is nearly identical to the bipe.
Wing chord is reduced to 16cm, span is 60, 56, 52cm top to bottom. Trailing edge position of bottom wing is same as on the bipe, stagger is 5cm between each wing. Middle wing sits on fuselage top which is slightly modified so that middle wing has same angle of attack as bottom wing. distance between wings is approx. 8cm. All angles and CG are the same as on the bipes.

Dreidecker vs Triplane vs DVII (3 min 26 sec)
Apr 11, 2015, 08:20 PM
Thomas, thank you for the very good description on the triplane. I can't wait to do this build. Great video too. Lots of fun to watch.
Apr 12, 2015, 01:07 PM
I managed to squeeze the parts for the Eddie onto half a sheet of Depron. Off to test cut on the laser now.
Apr 12, 2015, 03:00 PM

Test fly...

Super first fly

330 grs, 3 s 800 lipo, great.. Thank you Thomas

2015 04 12 Otto (1 min 7 sec)
Apr 12, 2015, 05:56 PM
My plans are in my blog
Very nice flyers dudes. I enjoy toon planes a lot. Videos are a pleasure to watch.
Apr 13, 2015, 01:48 AM
scratchbuilder
Thanks for posting, Michael.

Excellent flying and colour scheme, Manu!
If you want some combat - it`s just 150km to Cologne...
Last edited by Thomas B.; Apr 13, 2015 at 02:37 AM.
Apr 13, 2015, 04:46 AM
I am searching ennemies in my region sky and trying to convince friends to build Eddie but if I don't find, I could head to Cologne indeed ...

Quick Reply