Eddie vs. Otto: Cartoon style WW1 Combat biplanes free plan - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 31, 2015, 06:25 PM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
I'm re-drawing the plan so I can cut the parts on my laser. I can publish it here when it is completed if that's OK with Thomas?
Yes, please.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2015, 07:57 PM
Just finished my Eddie. Built from Model Plane Foam with a 1600kv Blue Wonder motor, 9 gram servos,12 amp ESC and an Orange 4ch rx. Total weight before painting is 223 grams. Paint goes on tomorrow and maiden Thurs at the soccer dome in Brighton. Not planning on any combat but have been shot down before at this dome
Edit to add total weight includes 2s 850 mah battery.
Last edited by arcaknob; Mar 31, 2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add battery weight
Apr 01, 2015, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediaz
I think the Otto needs a pilot.
Very nice pilot you made
Apr 01, 2015, 12:08 PM
I can't take credit for the pilot. It came with a WW1 airplane download from Fiddlersgreen paper models website. It's a little pixelated but I imagine when printed down to size it should look okay.
Apr 01, 2015, 03:58 PM
scratchbuilder
Nice Pilot, Evelys!
Thanks for posting here, Manu.
Apr 01, 2015, 05:00 PM
My plans are in my blog
Sweet looking bipes! Cool stuff.
Apr 02, 2015, 01:05 AM
I made my side fuse reinforcements. I found a palet strapping made of fibers (kind of fiberglass?) and my tests were better than with plastic palet strapping. I glued them with a glue I find in discounts shops "Action" for 1 euro/ bottle ! Those shops are present in Germany, Netherlands, France and Belgium. Very good glue for Depron! Beware, watch the picture as in the same bottle shape they have 2 kinds of glue.
Works evenly as contact gluing and normal gluing on one side and watching for drying
Apr 02, 2015, 03:21 AM
scratchbuilder
i`m going to Maastricht today. will watch out for this!
Apr 02, 2015, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
i`m going to Maastricht today. will watch out for this!
I go often to Maastricht, it's 100 km away from my home and I appreciate this city even If I"m no smoker
Last edited by Manudepron; Apr 03, 2015 at 12:21 AM.
Apr 03, 2015, 05:35 AM
scratchbuilder
Very clean building, Manu. I enjoyed Maastricht,(also 100km from here) but did not get the glue. Does not matter, I like working with Uhu Por and Hot Glue.

arcaknob: Your Eddie is very light! Already flown?
Apr 03, 2015, 09:10 AM
Thomas,
I flew it for the first time yesterday. Put 4 packs through it and it was great fun!
2- 850 mah packs and 2- 500 mah packs. I set my timer for 7 minutes and had no battery problems. Most of my flying is around half throttle.
First takeoff the plane wanted to nose up badly so I landed quickly and adjusted elevator pushrod. After that all was good. I could really slow it down and just float around the soccer dome.
The light weight might be because I am learning how to use glue sparingly and I also used 1X3mm carbon fiber flats instead of pallet tape. Carbon fiber pushrods also.
Apr 03, 2015, 01:07 PM
I weighted both fuse sides before and after gluing the palet straps: they added 14 grs total .
Apr 03, 2015, 06:15 PM
Restricted User
Finished and maidened my 70s-style version today.
Perfect flyer.
Thanks Thomas for this fine plane.
Looking forward to do some dogfight against Eddie/Otto at Inter-Ex 2015.
rgds
Stephan

Quick Reply