to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2020, 01:30 PM
ama 1390
Beautiful job on both planes folks!
Just discovered this thread.
Great to see it still alive and kicking
Apr 25, 2020, 03:11 PM
MaineFlyer
Just finally had the chance to make the maiden flights with my Eddie and Otto planes. I went to our field at 7am before the wind came up. And tomorrow evening we have another snow storm coming!

They are built using 6mm Model Plane Foam. Both flew well after some trimming. They use the same motors and lipos (3S850). I tried using a 8x4 prop on Eddie but will switch to the same as I tested on Otto, an 8x6. Motors are WayPoint 2209-1100. They weigh just about 12ozs.

Eddie needs to have the rudder travel adjusted a bit, more sensitive than Otto at the moment. Otherwise, ready to go. Looking forward to getting some WWI combat this summer.

Joe
Eddie Maiden Flights (2 min 39 sec)

Otto Maiden Flights (2 min 52 sec)
Last edited by jpgilbert; Apr 26, 2020 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Correct motor mfg.
Jun 29, 2020, 02:35 AM
Just maidened my Eddie, built from 5mm foamcore less paper. Initially had a 3S 800mah battery but could have climbed vertical. Now has a 2S 1300mah battery and is much more civilised for non combatant duties. Likes a landing approach under power with shutdown just before touchdown. Power is a Racerstar BR2208 1800kv with 8x3.8 prop. Seems just right. I think this design could be adapted easily to look like other planes such as a Pitts Special or even a Tiger Moth! Thank you for such a great design. ps the pilot is a modified champagne cork!

Quick Reply