Mar 03, 2002, 12:41 PM
Thread OP
I was planning on a nice whimpy Limbo with crepe paper and poles and mother earth and no barb wire or high explosives. However if the pilots desire to do a wilder one as well that can be arranged as the last event before the two minute limited motor run AULD. Something to be discussed at the pilots meeting at 8:45! Remember were poor farm boys over here in the big valley and we don't need to intentionally put our planes in harms way as we do that enough when we just try and fly normally.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2002, 10:19 AM
Thread OP

Limbo RULES or Limbo rules!

While there may not be any rules in a knife fight the rules are set for the Limbo competition. The Streamer will be set at 9 feet above the ground. To advance to round two you must pass beneath the streamer and not touch the ground. Round two is with the streamer at 6 feet and round 3 is with the streamer at three feet. If more then one plane survives this without knocking down the streamer or touching the ground then we go to round 4. In round 4 each pilot gets two minutes to make as many passes as he/she can under the 3(?) (We will discuss round four tape height with the Limbo only pilots voting before the event starts.) foot tape. All passes must be in the same direction. You can loop (any size loop) to go under the tape but if you are flying level there will be a small oval a pilot must go around to do the next pass. This is to reward a speedy plane over a slow plane. We believe that our dirt will take out enough planes that we don't need no stinken barb wire for the Limbo. But if you just can't live without showing how you shred going through barb wire we will designate an area of the fence for you to demonstrate your skill.
Greg there will be a challenge course for one on one pylon races at the site as well. This can be used during open flying periods by letting the CD know that there is a challenge or grudge match. It will be done like a slope race for safety reasons; ie: all flying will be on the far side of the pylons. Greg, I already know Snoopy is faster then my foamie Dr1 so don't bother with that challenge.
Last edited by Michael Heer; Mar 20, 2002 at 10:24 AM.
Mar 20, 2002, 07:37 PM
Speed Demon

Re: Limbo RULES or Limbo rules!

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Heer
Greg, I already know Snoopy is faster then my foamie Dr1 so don't bother with that challenge.
Aw Man, You're taking all the fun out of this Mike. The trash talk just seems to make it more fun! I already owe Ward Shelly one for the razzing he gave me down in San Diego last month. Maybe I ought to let him take the sticks for a few minutes while I rag on him!!!
Mar 20, 2002, 09:57 PM
Thread OP

Bring your slowest plane

Well Greg just because I know my Dr 1 from Hobby Lobby is slow doesn't mean I won't mix it up with you with something else. I'll out slow you! Bring your slowest plane and I'll fly my plane slower then you. Rules: No climbing above 25 feet and no hanging on the prop vertical. (Like my IFO will). Plane must remain horizontal + or - 20 degrees. Can't fly wide of the course. Do you think you can out slow me? If not then die trying and seek revenge in a fastest wing contest. Mike
Last edited by Michael Heer; Mar 21, 2002 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply