This thread is privately moderated by JulietKiloMike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 22, 2015, 10:07 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

Won the Hobbyking Paypal Drawing! :D

Lol...I just bought $60 of servos and stuff from HK and I won a tablet. I guess their Paypal drawing is real, after all!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2015, 10:20 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Nice! I honestly didnt think those things actually got given away.

Adam
Mar 22, 2015, 10:27 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, me neither...we'll just have to wait and see if they actually deliver!
Mar 23, 2015, 04:26 AM
Wow Nice man:-)
Mar 23, 2015, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Artful Owl!
Mar 23, 2015, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
Well that was quick. I received the Samsung Tab S today from HK (overnight FedEx from Hong Kong), but I still have no idea what to do with it.

I've been meaning to save up and build a miniquad for a while now, but it's kinda hard to turn a random tablet into cash, especially when there's so many listings on eBay. Maybe I'll post it up on the RCG classifieds sometime to see if anyone's up for it.

This has been a pretty lucky start to my week!
Mar 24, 2015, 10:22 AM
Best Bet is sell it on Craigslist People Buy Quick from craigslist from my experience. and they always have cash hahahaha.

That being said how much do you want for it?
Mar 24, 2015, 12:57 PM
Thread OP
Craigslist is a good idea...I hadn't thought of that!

Right now my mom is actually considering buying it from me, as she's wanted a tablet around this size for a while.

This same tablet is selling on Amazon for a little over $400, I think I'm probably going to get around $300 out of it after the "family discount" Should be enough to buy some new soldering tools!
Mar 24, 2015, 02:18 PM
$300 is also enough to build a basic 250mm FPV racing Quad
Mar 24, 2015, 02:19 PM
And thats including the FPV gear provided you flew on 900mhz
Mar 24, 2015, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenwhite23
$300 is also enough to build a basic 250mm FPV racing Quad
True! I would just spend it on the miniquad, but my current hope is to build a small income stream from RC stuff so that I can semi-finance the repairs and parts once I do get my quad and start flying / crashing it. I've got a website up for basic connectors I build and such, but my hope is to invest the $300 in stuff like ESC flashing equipment and some other tools so that I can help other RC'ers out (and make a little money in the meantime)

http://jkmrcsolutions.com
Mar 24, 2015, 05:14 PM
Well man, I would deffinatley say get 3-4 USBART programmers and then Order a bunch of miniOsd and G-OSD3's then flash them to CL-OSD and U-OSD and Resell them! Their Cheap OSD + GPS and Once Flashed their just as good as a lot of the more expensive ones! I personally have a G-OSD3 Flashed with U-OSD!
Mar 24, 2015, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
Cool idea! Thanks for the suggestion Ken...I never thought about OSD's! I flashed a MinimOSD board to work with OpenPilot a while ago, but I'll have to take a look at the miniOSDs and G-OSD3's. Are CL-OSD and U-OSD platform specific?

My hope is that if I am able to flash ESC's or OSD's for people, I'll actually save them some trouble and $$ in the long run. I'd like to make some money for hobby stuffs, but in a way that is helpful for other fliers...that might just be a good way to do it!

-John
Mar 24, 2015, 09:26 PM
CL-OSD is for G-OSD boards. U-OSD works with G-OSD, MiniOSD, E-OSD w/ GPS, and SX-OSD
Mar 24, 2015, 10:27 PM
Thread OP
Gotcha. I'll look into it! Sounds like something I could use on some of my quads, too

Quick Reply