This thread is privately moderated by dmrcflyr2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 22, 2015, 03:33 PM
Cat Man
Thread OP
Discussion

Small Enya comparisons

I was at the field today flying the GP Escapade for the first time, which BTW, went fine. I saw a member here Ronwc and he metioned that he had a NIB Enya 46-4C. Of course I already knew this becuase I saw it posted on the forum before I even went to the field. Being a complete sucker for NIB engines, especially a 4 stroke, I had to take a look. Well once I got to his house the look turned into a transaction and now I have 2 Enya 46-4C engines. Well I certainly don't need 2 so I listed my tried and true used 46, opting to keep the new one.

Instead of keeping it new I immediately put it on the stand for a tank of fuel. I took several videos of the one tank I ran; they can be viewed here, https://www.youtube.com/user/dmrcflyr2/videos

So I was comparing the 2 46's to each other an saw what I considered an amazing difference. I also have a NIB 53-4C and pulled it out for a further comparison. Can you see the difference in photo 1?

Well the new 46 I got today has the breather nipple on the back of the gear box instead of on the front end as the used 46 and 53 have. This strikes me as odd becuase both of my 46's are the latest Mark II version and it is differentiated from the original version by what is stated in the supplement. Yet they have the breather nipple in different locations. The 53 SHOULD have come out after the 46 Mark II, but yet it's breather nipple is in the same location as my original 46. Other than that the engines are identical.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2015, 07:40 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
My 60-4C has the breather nipple on the back cover under the cam box as does my early 46-4C Mk I. My R120-4C has the breather in the front crankshaft housing.

The early 46-4C with small bearings shares the same front housing as the original 40-4C. I don't know much about the 46s other than what I posted here. The whole breather nipple location thing confuses me - may have to ask Downunder. He seems to be *THE* Enya expert.

Quick Reply