Apr 17, 2015, 09:09 PM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo

Parallel experience...

steel, kowality... Thanks for taking time to document your experiences. I too have suffered exactly the same misleading customer service responses, the same turn-arounds of the CX-20 in Shanghai, the same delay tactics, even the same dates! I'm wondering if they gave us the same tracking numbers (CY004246525CN was this last one)?

I appreciate the fact that others will see how truly awful this company treats those of us who trust them to deliver on hundreds of dollars of goods. If someone else can take advantage of lower prices and still get the goods, then great. Buyer beware.

My PayPal claim terminates Sunday and I can't wait to spend that money elsewhere.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2015, 09:22 PM
Suspended Account
Make sure to call Pp. They have probably heard enough about this company. To tell you the truth...I would have given them another shot had they treated me in a fair manner and not sent me the same [email protected]#m email. I think they had an easy go in the beginning, but money seems to somehow mess them up.
Apr 21, 2015, 07:46 AM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo

Lies, delays, no product AND I should pay them shipping to get my refund?

Gearbest is not just any company, they are a market leader in incompetence. A little bit greedy, too, as it turns out.

I placed a substantial order for a large quadcopter in late February. There were a few disgruntled writers at that time, but I wanted to save a buck or two. Turns out that was a big mistake.

Since that time, despite several delays I can see that Gearbest actually put the quad in their mail system, only to have it returned to their own shipping department within days. Three times. So after filing my Paypal claim, I have requested a refund. Gearbest's response is that I should pay them the shipping costs. Right? I would be shocked if I hadn't seen how badly others have been treated.

PayPal is still assessing my dispute. I hope anyone considering doing business with Gearbest will see this.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW57RC
steel, kowality... Thanks for taking time to document your experiences. I too have suffered exactly the same misleading customer service responses, the same turn-arounds of the CX-20 in Shanghai, the same delay tactics, even the same dates! I'm wondering if they gave us the same tracking numbers (CY004246525CN was this last one)?

I appreciate the fact that others will see how truly awful this company treats those of us who trust them to deliver on hundreds of dollars of goods. If someone else can take advantage of lower prices and still get the goods, then great. Buyer beware.

My PayPal claim terminates Sunday and I can't wait to spend that money elsewhere.
When you get the shipping info, is the picture of the package very off, as if it could be anything. Mine has been delivered to a random in Shenzhen and the picture had no delivery label just a taped up parcel top.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:21 AM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridisuk
When you get the shipping info, is the picture of the package very off, as if it could be anything. Mine has been delivered to a random in Shenzhen and the picture had no delivery label just a taped up parcel top.
Wow, delivered to Shenzhen... Of course you have a vacation house there, right? I'm sorry, and no offense intended... I don't mean to make fun of this situation, but it is way past ridiculous.

I never got any photos. Just the EMS tracking numbers. Once it finally showed up in EMS I could see that it had been immediately returned to GB.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:53 AM
Crash and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW57RC
Once it finally showed up in EMS I could see that it had been immediately returned to GB.
Next time buy local.

Chinese vendors offer great prices and do deliver. But they are learning how to cut their losses on orders they already shipped.

Then you have the guy who boasts about all the free helicopters he got from Chinese vendors. The latest he flew for over a week, got it stuck in a tree, then got a full PayPal refund.

Meanwhile someone has to pay for all the free helicopters and shipping costs for aborted orders.

Typical story. Someone makes a large Chinese order paid to PayPal. Four days later they look for their order. Then begin asking questions followed by cancellation and a PayPal dispute. The Chinese vendor already shipped the order, has not been paid, and sees no hope of being paid for the items or cost of shipping. Those responsible have their own justified story which is never completely told.

The losses show up on my next order from a Chinese vendor and I should be happy to pay for others who went for a bargain and found the wait was more than they could handle. Then call me a GearBest lacky.

Next time buy local and pay someone else to take the risk and losses.
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 21, 2015 at 02:03 PM.
Apr 22, 2015, 02:19 AM
"contact us again in a few days and we will check again"

Check What?
It's been delivered in Shenzhen.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:25 AM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Thread OP

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowality
Ditto that.
Let me know when you get your refund.
I just received an email last night from PayPal asking me to provide further information on whether or not I had received my order, or worked out anything with Gearbest.

I called PayPal this morning and told them that I had not received my order, and that my last correspondence with Gearbest went something like this:

Me: So I guess I'm never going to get my product I ordered and paid for with upgraded shipping that was supposed to get to me within 7-15 days per your website correct? I'm guessing this is because I have filed a PayPal claim and your company has called back the third shipment? You have now managed to allegedlly ship my order 3 times in the last 2 months, and it has never even left Shanghai.

Gearbest: We are so sorry for your inconvenience. Your package is still having problems clearing customs. If you would please stop your PayPal claim, then we refund you money.

Yeah right, like I'm going to do that and be out on my money and product. PayPal even advised me against dropping the claim.

After all of this was said to the claim rep on the phone, and pics sent of the conversation with Gearbests customer support, PayPal has decided to award the claim in my favor with a full refund.

Another victory has been won against gearbest, and I couldn't be more releaved that this ordeal has ended.

PayPal's rep told me that they are well aware of what has been happening with orders from gearbest, and that I'm one of many legitimate cases they have had to refund. PayPal is also investigating gearbests numerous problems, and may not let them utilize their services in the future if things continue down this path.

It sounds to me that this is a bigger problem than others on this forum would lead you to believe
Apr 25, 2015, 11:45 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRainSpo
I just received an email last night from PayPal asking me to provide further information on whether or not I had received my order, or worked out anything with Gearbest.

I called PayPal this morning and told them that I had not received my order, and that my last correspondence with Gearbest went something like this:

Me: So I guess I'm never going to get my product I ordered and paid for with upgraded shipping that was supposed to get to me within 7-15 days per your website correct? I'm guessing this is because I have filed a PayPal claim and your company has called back the third shipment? You have now managed to allegedlly ship my order 3 times in the last 2 months, and it has never even left Shanghai.

Gearbest: We are so sorry for your inconvenience. Your package is still having problems clearing customs. If you would please stop your PayPal claim, then we refund you money.

Yeah right, like I'm going to do that and be out on my money and product. PayPal even advised me against dropping the claim.

After all of this was said to the claim rep on the phone, and pics sent of the conversation with Gearbests customer support, PayPal has decided to award the claim in my favor with a full refund.

Another victory has been won against gearbest, and I couldn't be more releaved that this ordeal has ended.

PayPal's rep told me that they are well aware of what has been happening with orders from gearbest, and that I'm one of many legitimate cases they have had to refund. PayPal is also investigating gearbests numerous problems, and may not let them utilize their services in the future if things continue down this path.

It sounds to me that this is a bigger problem than others on this forum would lead you to believe
A just outcome. Bravo Steel. This is the only way to wake up these vendors. Now...let's get them off this forum. gearbest offers nothing constructive to this community.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:26 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowality
A just outcome. Bravo Steel. This is the only way to wake up these vendors. Now...let's get them off this forum. gearbest offers nothing constructive to this community.
Agreed, while our battles have been won, the war is not over. (I'm sure someone will take that completely out of context)

I will vow to keep people aware of gearbests bad shipping and poor business practices in this thread and others on RCGROUPS.

Once again my fellow hobbyist friends, knowledge is power
May 04, 2015, 06:58 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Thread OP
If the user Gearbest, or any other user name associated with the company would like to address any of our issues, concerns, or explain why these problems are occurring, please feel free to do so on this forum.

Likewise, if you are not associated with gearbest, and have had a bad experience with their company, please feel free to post your story here as well. Notice that I did not say a good experience, since that is off this threads topic, but feel free to start your own thread on your own positive experiences with them. Something tells me that there is a reason why that thread doesn't exist yet, and most can guess why
May 04, 2015, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRainSpo
If the user Gearbest, or any other user name associated with the company would like to address any of our issues, concerns, or explain why these problems are occurring, please feel free to do so on this forum.

Likewise, if you are not associated with gearbest, and have had a bad experience with their company, please feel free to post your story here as well. Notice that I did not say a good experience, since that is off this threads topic, but feel free to start your own thread on your own positive experiences with them. Something tells me that there is a reason why that thread doesn't exist yet, and most can guess why
The McDonalds in Fountain City messed up my order yesterday so I called and complained.

I bet hundreds of people were customers there yesterday, and I doubt any who were satisfied called them up to say so.
May 04, 2015, 09:16 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by semifast
The McDonalds in Fountain City messed up my order yesterday so I called and complained.

I bet hundreds of people were customers there yesterday, and I doubt any who were satisfied called them up to say so.
Interesting comment. That's life right. Most would let it slide rather than experience a confrontation cause you never know which way it will go. But...since my experience with gearbest....man I have a hard time adding the best word in there...I have purchased from members on this forum...and will continue. I would rather do business with someone in this community.
May 04, 2015, 09:20 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Thread OP
Quote:

Ah haaaaaa........ I knew my post was going to provoke an apples to oranges, bad analogy of a response from one of the 3 gearbest, fanboy club of trolls, just irking for a chance to present an irrelevant argument

Think about the comparison you are trying to use, pure apples to oranges scenario. Comparing a USA based fast food company's service, to a Chinese based electronics vendor. Pure lunacy, and completely irrelevant to the subject. Nice try, but I can't blame you for reaching

Now to address the subject of the number of people complaining, versus the ones who were satisfied with their order, is pure assumptive conjecture on your part. My first job as a teenager, back in the early 1990's, was at an Arby's restaurant. We had our number of people calling with complaints, but at least as many would call with their appreciation and thanks as well. If it wasn't in call form, it was in person to an employee, or to an in store manager. Point being, you have no clue how many people have given praise or complaints, your just assuming that you know, and drawing conclusions as factual, without doing the propper amount of due research.

You do remember what the old saying was about people who assume things right? I'll not rehash that subject as it was covered in my previous posts to you

Now let me entertain your idea for a minute, just for and giggles. If you use your due dilligence, and research ratings for Gearbest or Mcdonalds online, you will find that the positive remarks faaaaar out weigh the negative complaints. Whaaaaattt!!! Now isn't that something, the power of information at the stroke of a couple keys. Amazing the technology we have, isn't it? And hardly any effort used in the process
Last edited by SteelRainSpo; May 04, 2015 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added text
May 04, 2015, 09:45 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Thread OP
Quote:

On an unrelated topic, i've heard a lot of good things about Fountain City, and no i'm not from around here, Florida, or up North either.

I just heard on the radio this morning that Cove Lake was an awesome place to take the family as well, and they even have an award winning BBQ joint called Rickard's Ridge, that has some outstanding food, with the ratings to back it up

Quick Reply