Thread Tools
Mar 22, 2015, 02:21 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
SteelRainSpo's Avatar
Thread OP
Alert

Gearbest.com Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!


I wouldn't buy anything from Gearbest anymore if I were anyone on rcgroups. I ordered a Cheerson cx-20 from them on Febuary 24, 2015, and they have managed to allegedly ship out my order now twice, and still no sign of my order. I have been in constant contact with their support, and keep getting the run around with numerous excuses as to the where abouts of my package.

Here is the story in a nut shell. I ordered on Febuary 24, 2015. Per their website the quadcopter was in stock, and ships within 3-5 business days. One week later I had to start a ticket with customer support because they had yet to ship my item or provide a tracking number. I was then provided what I believe to be a fake tracking number through EMS, which showed absolutely no movement from the point of origin for two weeks. I contacted a Gearbest support rep again to ask what was going on with my order. I was given the run around on how my package was stuck in customs in China, all the while the EMS delivery website had no information on the package ever existing in the first place. The Gearbest rep then told me that they would then ship out a complete new order, and provided me with a new tracking number. The next day I tracked the new order, which showed up immediately on the EMS website, from the point of origin in Shanghai. It was shipped out on March 17 2015, and entered Shanghai customs almost immediately. On March 20 2015, my order was released from customs. On March 21, 2015 the EMS tracking showed the text, "Delivery Arranged" then "Delivered" in freaking Shanghai!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding me, right? They messed up my order TWICE!!!!!!!! It never even left it's point of origin!!! How incompetent can one company get? I should of known better to have ordered from one of these China shops that have no regard for thier customers paid items getting to them in a timely manner, or at all for that matter.

It seems to me that I am not the only one that has had this issue with this company. Buyer beware and avoid Gearbest at all costs, it's a complete roll of the dice on your order. Don't become another one of their victims in the guess where my order is game.

At this point I have let Gearbest know my intentions to receive a full refund, and cut ties with their company completely. I guess I will have to see if I ever get my money back, or just open a paypal claim on them.

Happy flying guys, and think twice before you order from this incompetent company.
Last edited by SteelRainSpo; Apr 12, 2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: post edit, adding text
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2015, 06:02 AM
Registered User
At some point, the possibility exist that a shipping issue or human fault will occur with any vendor. That being said, sucks that you had issues with Gearbest, they are very vocal and post often within RCG, personally never a problem and have suggested the vendor to several happy Gearbest customers. I will say this, my last shipment from Gearbest was shipped pretty quick but our good ol customs had it for a while, opened and didn't repackage resulting in minor damage but that wasn't a Gearbest fault.
Mar 24, 2015, 01:06 PM
Registered User
3-5 business days can be longer than a week. So you haven't actually given any info there was a mistake made on the first order.

I think you ordered at the height of Chinese New Year ? That doesn't just affect Gearbest workers, the entire Chinese shipping infrastructure slows down.

Since you didn't say why the tracking shows what you say it shows, I assume you don't know why ?

It might not be that nothing unusual has occurred at all. Or if a mistake did occur there's no reason to assume it was Gearbest that made the mistake.

The dates you've given aren't very long ago, I know it's difficult to be patient but maybe before you go to such an extreme of slamming a bunch of people as incompetent, they are human, just like us Tennesseans..you could see how your issues are resolved in a suitable length of time.
Mar 24, 2015, 01:51 PM
Gearbest can suck it.
Uncle Rico's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by semifast
3-5 business days can be longer than a week. So you haven't actually given any info there was a mistake made on the first order.

I think you ordered at the height of Chinese New Year ? That doesn't just affect Gearbest workers, the entire Chinese shipping infrastructure slows down.

Since you didn't say why the tracking shows what you say it shows, I assume you don't know why ?

It might not be that nothing unusual has occurred at all. Or if a mistake did occur there's no reason to assume it was Gearbest that made the mistake.

The dates you've given aren't very long ago, I know it's difficult to be patient but maybe before you go to such an extreme of slamming a bunch of people as incompetent, they are human, just like us Tennesseans..you could see how your issues are resolved in a suitable length of time.
You sure spend a lot of time in defense of Gearbest. Are you an employee?
Mar 26, 2015, 01:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
You sure spend a lot of time in defense of Gearbest. Are you an employee?
I don't spend any more time than you do attacking them, less actually.

And I'm not defending them per se. It is a fact that 3-5 business days can be more than a week.

A fact. It has nothing to do with Gearbest.
Mar 30, 2015, 06:23 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
SteelRainSpo's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by semifast
3-5 business days can be longer than a week. So you haven't actually given any info there was a mistake made on the first order.

I think you ordered at the height of Chinese New Year ? That doesn't just affect Gearbest workers, the entire Chinese shipping infrastructure slows down.

Since you didn't say why the tracking shows what you say it shows, I assume you don't know why ?

It might not be that nothing unusual has occurred at all. Or if a mistake did occur there's no reason to assume it was Gearbest that made the mistake.

The dates you've given aren't very long ago, I know it's difficult to be patient but maybe before you go to such an extreme of slamming a bunch of people as incompetent, they are human, just like us Tennesseans..you could see how your issues are resolved in a suitable length of time.
I find it extremely suspicious that you constantly come to gearbests defense, not only on my thread, but on numerous other ones that I have seen on rcgroups that try to bring gearbests bad business practices to light. It's quite funny that you give them all the credit and benefit of the doubt, yet try your hardest to shoot holes in everyones legitamite complaints by picking and choosing certain phrases, while disregarding the rest. You definitely have selective reading and comprehension abilities, and only see things the way you want to see them, which is to defend them at all costs. I do believe you are either working for them, have stock with their company, a spokesman, or are just so in love with their low overseas prices that you are blinded by their horrible shipping practices and customer service, thus the lable by others as a fan boy.

Gearbests incompetence purely lies in their use of poor shipping practices, and lack of any sort of post buy customer service. You'd think if this was a specific shipping problem, that they would choose an alternative option that is more reliable to get their customers their paid for items in a decent time frame. They still have no idea where my second shipped order is, or why the EMS website shows my package being delivered to someone in Shanghai on March 21, 2015, after they told me that they would investigate the issue. EMS shipping has had no further entries in the tracking log since then.

In the end, my whole reason for telling my story is to make my fellow hobbyists aware of what to expect from gearbest as a whole, since these issues seem to happen quite often. I'm not going to sit here and debate with you, or justify myself to a person who will defend them at all costs, when i'm just trying to warn others what to expect from gearbest.

Hopefully my story has steered others clear of this company when making a purchase overseas, which was my intent in the first place. You can choose to defend them all you want, it just brings more light to their bad business practices. Knowledge is power, and buy at your own risk when it comes Gearbest.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:28 PM
Suspended Account
You have my support. I filed a paypal dispute with gearbest. You want to be a forum member???? Don't crap in the nest. To many complaints. Will never order from gearbest again and will let my 300,000 twitter followers know about this one star website. An online marketing reputation is extremely fragile.
Mar 31, 2015, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRainSpo
I find it extremely suspicious that you constantly come to gearbests defense, not only on my thread, but on numerous other ones that I have seen on rcgroups that try to bring gearbests bad business practices to light. It's quite funny that you give them all the credit and benefit of the doubt, yet try your hardest to shoot holes in everyones legitamite complaints by picking and choosing certain phrases, while disregarding the rest. You definitely have selective reading and comprehension abilities, and only see things the way you want to see them, which is to defend them at all costs. I do believe you are either working for them, have stock with their company, a spokesman, or are just so in love with their low overseas prices that you are blinded by their horrible shipping practices and customer service, thus the lable by others as a fan boy.

Gearbests incompetence purely lies in their use of poor shipping practices, and lack of any sort of post buy customer service. You'd think if this was a specific shipping problem, that they would choose an alternative option that is more reliable to get their customers their paid for items in a decent time frame. They still have no idea where my second shipped order is, or why the EMS website shows my package being delivered to someone in Shanghai on March 21, 2015, after they told me that they would investigate the issue. EMS shipping has had no further entries in the tracking log since then.

In the end, my whole reason for telling my story is to make my fellow hobbyists aware of what to expect from gearbest as a whole, since these issues seem to happen quite often. I'm not going to sit here and debate with you, or justify myself to a person who will defend them at all costs, when i'm just trying to warn others what to expect from gearbest.

Hopefully my story has steered others clear of this company when making a purchase overseas, which was my intent in the first place. You can choose to defend them all you want, it just brings more light to their bad business practices. Knowledge is power, and buy at your own risk when it comes Gearbest.
Well, you're completely wrong about me, jumping to all kinds of conclusions for no reason.

Sorry if you thought everyone has to agree with everything you say, I don't agree that based on what you presented anything dire has occurred.

What does "defend them at all costs" even mean ?

Here's the thing. I think you are prone to exaggeration in what you just posted about me. Perhaps the same is true about your outrage at Gearbest.

Besides that, I don't post my opinion to quash yours. Your post still stands, the only thing that happens with my post is now there's two opinions.

Here's a post I made a while ago. Does it sound like I'm a Gearbest fan, let alone working for them ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1062

btw, I never would have noticed your thread except you used 8 exclamation points. I don't work for Gearbest but I'm a member of the Society to Prevent Exclamation Point Abuse. Or SPEPA.
Last edited by semifast; Mar 31, 2015 at 03:41 PM.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:19 PM
Suspended Account
Get your facts right . Chinese new year was Feb 19th. SteelRain ordered on Feb 24th. I don't think he is wrong about you at all. Your previous post shows nothing but a "roll over attitude". These shabby websites need to be shut down if they will not take responsibility for THEIR incompetence. They consistently sign their emails with female names to soften us and plead for patience and understanding. Stand up for your fellow hobbyists. Gear/not/even/close/to/the/best is crapping in our nest!! You Do Not ever do this and expect to be an active and respected forum member. This is totally unacceptable for any business. If I make a promise and do not deliver in my business..I eat the mistake. That's how you get and keep repeat customers. I will never order from them again and I will continue to expose one star websites such as this one. Today I escalate my dispute with them. I will not let anyone mistake my patience and kindness for stupidity. gearbest(cough cough) does not deserve to be a forum member.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:06 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
SteelRainSpo's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by semifast
Well, you're completely wrong about me, jumping to all kinds of conclusions for no reason.

Sorry if you thought everyone has to agree with everything you say, I don't agree that based on what you presented anything dire has occurred.

What does "defend them at all costs" even mean ?

Here's the thing. I think you are prone to exaggeration in what you just posted about me. Perhaps the same is true about your outrage at Gearbest.

Besides that, I don't post my opinion to quash yours. Your post still stands, the only thing that happens with my post is now there's two opinions.

Here's a post I made a while ago. Does it sound like I'm a Gearbest fan, let alone working for them ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1062

btw, I never would have noticed your thread except you used 8 exclamation points. I don't work for Gearbest but I'm a member of the Society to Prevent Exclamation Point Abuse. Or SPEPA.
I don't think I'm wrong about you in the slightest. I haven't jumped to any conclusions either. I just stated my opinion on your pro gearbest posts everywhere here in trader talk, and how you try to paint them in the best light, while dumping on everybody's legitimate complaints. I'm not the only one who shares this point of view about you and your posts, yet your the only one defending them tooth and nail.

Where did I say that everyone has to agree with me? I never did, that is just another assumption by yourself trying to deflect the main issue by changing the subject. The old saying goes, "when you assume, you make an ass out of yourself." Congratulations, you have succeeded. Point is, you can voice your opinion anywhere you want, but not on my thread where you try to discredit my story with your assumptive rhetoric.

Like I said before, no one has to explain or justify their story to you for judgement, because in the end your opinion and 2 cents aren't worth squat. It's also not your job to defend gearbest, that's why they are here on rcgroups. If you want your one sided opinion of them heard, then start your own thread on how much you enjoy their horrible business practices elsewhere, and stop thread stalking and trolling for an argument.

You defend them at all costs means:

1. You are actively looking for negative posts about gearbest to defend, it's not hard to see you are everywhere defending them, and trolling for arguments and responses.
2. You immediately disregard someone's story as an exaggeration or lie, ask to see more proof as if your the mediator, judge, or act like your opinion matters or counts.
3. You make numerous assumptions as to blame the shipper and not gearbest right off the bat, while disregarding and dumping on everybody's factual stories by calling them out.
4. You actively look into someone's profile page as to gather more possible ammo to make your defense.
5. You bash on any fellow hobbyists negative posts in the forums about gearbest by trying to discredit their stories with your assumptions and rhetoric, while giving an overseas company with a bad track record the benefit of the doubt.

Are you connecting the dots now as to why people question your motivation about gearbests defense, or your possible occupation, and special interest in arguing for them?

Your post up there on a thread didn't say anything to prove your point at all. It just adds fire to gearbests incompetence to allegedlly get you your product in a timely matter. Oh wait, its not gearbests fault at all right? It's all the shipper again, pffffttt.... If you believe that, then I have a bridge to sell you. You didn't even complain at all except to say that you hope to get your item someday. That doesn't shed any negativity on gearbest in your statement. It just shows that you have come to expect their poor business practices as normal. It'd be some poetic justice if you never received your order, but to most fellow hobbyists that time frame is unacceptable and outright ridiculous.

Your excuse about the exclamation points is bull as well. Your just using that as an excuse and platform to invite yourself into a conversation so you can crap on someone's story. My use of them was to attract more attention to my story, which seemed to work for you like a lure.

Once again I'm done arguing, and trying to justify my story to a nobody whos opinion means nothing to me. You want to talk about gearbest in a positive light, then start your own thread. Keep your lousy criticism, assumptions, and opinions off of my thread. They're not needed or wanted.
Any further posts by you will be ignored like garbage, since your arguments are worthless and not worth anyones time.
Last edited by SteelRainSpo; Apr 01, 2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: addind text
Apr 01, 2015, 03:27 AM
Crash and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRainSpo
Once again I'm done arguing, and trying to justify my story to a nobody whos opinion means nothing to me. You want to talk about gearbest in a positive light, then start your own thread. Keep your lousy criticism, assumptions, and opinions off of my thread. They're not needed or wanted.
Any further posts by you will be erased and ignored like garbage, since your arguments are worthless and not worth anyones time.
Gearbest.com Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!


---
How do you erase someone else's post?
Apr 01, 2015, 10:03 AM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
SteelRainSpo's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble
Gearbest.com Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!


---
How do you erase someone else's post?
Thought you could as if you were selling something, or if you started a thread you could moderate unwanted posts. Guess not, it's been fixed.
Apr 01, 2015, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRainSpo
Thought you could as if you were selling something, or if you started a thread you could moderate unwanted posts. Guess not, it's been fixed.
You're completely out of line if you think this thread belongs to you.

Chinese New Year- it's a widely known thing that during Chinese New Year celebrations, which aren't limited to one day as you think, that getting products shipped from China can be delayed.

I'm not defending this practice. I'm not defending any specific company by stating it. I'm only adding something to this thread that as far as I know is factual and objective information.

3-5 business days can be longer than a week. Again this is just factual information. Given that Chinese New Year is an extended holiday period in China then 3-5 BUSINESS days can be longer than a week.

As far as the 2nd order and the tracking info, if you read what I actually said, I never said it wasn't Gearbest's fault, I only pointed out that with the info you posted there's no way to know who was at fault, or if there's actually any issue at all. Enough time hadn't past to know.

As far as other posts from me "defending" Gearbest, I can only think of one; and it that case if you read what I said, Isaid I might have done the same thing the other person did, but if it was resolved, as his was, with the apparent cooperation of Gearbest, I wouldn't then take it upon myself to start attacking them.

Sure is a beautiful day in Knoxville, hope you're able to enjoy it.
Apr 01, 2015, 10:38 PM
Suspended Account
I see this type of banter in stockhouse.com where the posts get very ..uhh.. chidlike... Go check it out. People think they have control over a very petty point. Yup ...my point exactly. I would back anyone on this forum if they had a problem with a vendor. Customer service has diminished beyond brick and mortar relationships. Vendors hide behind the cloud.. and yes...purchasers take advantage. Something has changed the way chinese vendors do business. But money is money and we all work hard to maintain our family life. But damn it if I'm going to give up all my bad habits. RC for sure stays. I don't think it matters what you delete...except life. Just don't get sucked in. An idiot will always win in the end because of extensive experience. Blue Skies Fellas!!!
Apr 02, 2015, 03:58 AM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
SteelRainSpo's Avatar
Thread OP

Update


I have now been issued a third, that's right, a third tracking number for my order from gearbest Now why would a company do such a thing? I'm guessing to try to skirt out of my PayPal claim against them. Or, they just quite possibly have messed up bad twice, a far stretch for some I know, but looking more plausible. I don't believe that third times a charm, I'm done waiting and just want my money back. I'll have to see how PayPal resolves this.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools