This thread is privately moderated by LICobra, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 21, 2015, 08:39 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Thread OP
Discussion

Sharks mouth decal for the hanger 9 P-40B

I wanted the sharks mouth for my P-40B three years ago, but there were no scale decals or graphics that I found that matched, so I drew out my own (as you can see in the pictures) from some different pictures found on the internet, then cut them to fit and taped them to the nose. After several tries I was finally happy with something that actually looked correct.
The drawings were in pencil and colored with felt tip markers, and looked pretty rough, so I asked Billy, a flying buddy of mine who's a graphic artist if he could clean up my sketches and tweak the shape, so I sent him scanned picture of my drawings.
I have to say , he got them dead on.......then I printed the file and cut out the mouth, re-taped it to the nose....and there you go....
I sent the file to Callie to have it printed and cut out in decal form.........Callie and Billy both did a great job helping me create the mouth to fit this P-40B.
Last edited by LICobra; Mar 21, 2015 at 08:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2015, 07:09 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Very nice mate
Nov 25, 2017, 11:33 AM
I am not a robot

I just noticed your P-40 Flying Tiger

Tony,

Wow that's good looking. I've got to go look and see if you did a build article on that. I know that it's out of production, but I have a friend who is famous in this area for being able to find kits of just about anything. I have been in love with the P-40 ever since watching John Wayne fly (?) those fake P-40s in the movie.

Do you still fly that one?

Bert

Quick Reply