MultiWii 2.4 released - RC Groups
Mar 16, 2015, 01:29 AM
Download

MultiWii 2.4 released

I thought it might be of interest that MultiWii version 2.4 has been released.

http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/

The main change in this version is the addition of navigation which was supported for a long time as a standalone version in MultiWii 2.3navi B7.

The following GUI's support mission planning:
Many other changes and improvements are in this release.

Leo
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2015, 04:33 PM
I'm Bonafide!
Nvm
Jul 05, 2015, 12:42 AM
NPu
NPu
Thanks a lot!!
Sep 25, 2015, 06:42 AM
Scratchbuild Aviation
has anyone have issue with 2.4 MW? I have Baro Problems cant hold altitude and stability issue.
need help also with Yaw control for try copter cant seem to reverse the servo.
Oct 28, 2015, 06:42 PM
event horizon
Hi any one know how to hook up a buzzer to MW Pro? I searched all over but have yet to find a practical example.
Nov 10, 2015, 09:20 PM
event horizon
Is there an ETA for when the EOSBandi GUI will be ready for 2.4?
Nov 11, 2015, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Q
Is there an ETA for when the EOSBandi GUI will be ready for 2.4?
Sadly no. EOSBandi doesn't seem to be active anymore.

Change the version number in the multiwii.h file from 240 to 230. Then you can use WinGUI 2.3.
Nov 11, 2015, 08:16 AM
event horizon
Thanks for the help. I don't understand the falling off as the copters I have running it are so smooth and rock solid on default settings. The low cost of the board far outweighs the bit of setting up it takes.IMHO
Nov 11, 2015, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Q
Thanks for the help. I don't understand the falling off as the copters I have running it are so smooth and rock solid on default settings. The low cost of the board far outweighs the bit of setting up it takes.IMHO
I completely agree. I won't be flying anything else but MultiWii.
Nov 11, 2015, 02:08 PM
is multiwii still alive? the note on the google repo says it will be turned off and I didn't see where it was being moved to.

I switched my multiwii board to a naze running betaflight last weekend and it flies so much better, even with the defaults. 32 bit cpu and cleanflight/betaflight seem to be the future. gps is lacking, but I don't use that.
Nov 11, 2015, 06:11 PM
Scratchbuild Aviation
Wish he could transfer the source for some one to redevelop and still keep it free or will be running outdated GUIs but anyway manage to get 2.4 running on wingui2.3 with that line of code . Also have to drop the alt hold rates lower as in 2.2 multiwii codes. 2.4 defult is set too high
Nov 12, 2015, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
is multiwii still alive? the note on the google repo says it will be turned off and I didn't see where it was being moved to.
https://github.com/multiwii
Nov 12, 2015, 08:32 AM
event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte

I switched my multiwii board to a naze running betaflight last weekend and it flies so much better, even with the defaults. 32 bit cpu and cleanflight/betaflight seem to be the future. gps is lacking, but I don't use that.
As far as I know Baseflite and Cleanflite only support quads. I have a 250 in the works and I have loaded the Naze with CF. But for the bigger copters wanting the use of Navi feature I think that MW is the only option. I have a Nova running the APM fliteware . Now that I have some comparison between the two I find I like the MW better. Mostly at this point because the flitemode matrix is allot more flexible. I also have the impression that modifying the code is easier. A year ago when I first started studying the subject it was hard for to find a from box to first flight video/ instructions for Dummies. Allot of material out there but there were mass assumptions from the authors aspect. IE a video showing how to set the code for the HK Pro but the video didn't show how to power the FC OR mention the need for Java to be up to date. My next project is a hex with the battle of the sensor FC from RTFQ, Now that I have enough understanding and am still a Dummie I want to make that A to Z video. What took me a year to get comfortable with in my understanding only took me an hour to explain to a friend and get his FC set up. Because he saw the whole process and we got the laptop set up proper to begin with he already to go with his next project on his own.
Nov 12, 2015, 08:34 AM
event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedactyl
Wish he could transfer the source for some one to redevelop and still keep it free or will be running outdated GUIs but anyway manage to get 2.4 running on wingui2.3 with that line of code . Also have to drop the alt hold rates lower as in 2.2 multiwii codes. 2.4 defult is set too high
Thanks for the tip!
Nov 12, 2015, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Leo
this illustrates my question about mw being dead. the last release there is 2.1 from over 3 years ago!

Quick Reply