This thread is privately moderated by fuzzyhead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 14, 2015, 09:08 AM
Always An Old F-4 Crewchief
Thread OP
Discussion

The first F-4 I crewed.

F-4G Wild Weasel 69-7298 and 69-0281

I was assigned as crew chief on this jet shortly after arriving at George AFB in California. Spent several years maintaining my baby (69-7298) until it was transferred to another unit. Adopted another one, 69-0281, until I moved up the food chain. Both jets as well as myself deployed in support of Desert Storm. As SAM killers, they were usually the first ones in to clear the way. Both were retired to the boneyard in the early 90’s. Later on in the 90’s they were modified as remote control drones and used for target practice. Both now rest at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico having served their country until the end. Below is a before and after photos. The later was after the mod prior to its final flight. Phantoms Phorever!
Last edited by fuzzyhead; Jul 09, 2023 at 10:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2019, 12:48 PM

opterra

I have the same problem you had with the Opttera 1.2 wing. I'm at the point of changing the esc and was wondering how that worked for you? why did you have to do that and is there another option?

Quick Reply